How to Install EET on Android

Hi here's the tutorial for EET

Preparations

• Download termux and set up weidu on android by following 2k16daniel's great tutorial about this Here.
  • Install ffmpeg, lua, and perl on termux by running this command pkg install ffmpeg && pkg install lua53 && pkg install perl
  • Download DlcMergerGeneralized Biffing, My EET Fork and the rar and X-plore apps on google play
  • Copy and extract the Obbs of bgee, bg2ee, and sod to let say the documents folder using X-plore and most importantly use the rar app to rename the contents of bg2ee obbs like this before you move it back to it's original folder

Merging Bgee and Sod

• To do this, open rar, find the folder where you stored the sod files and rename it's chitin.key to mod.key, then add it to archive and name it sod-dlc.zip and set it to zip and uncompressed before zipping, if you done it properly it should look like this.
  • Move the sod-dlc.zip and the dlcmerger to the bgee folder and open termux, then run the command and wait for it to finish. cd /storage/emulated/0/Documents/bgee && weinstall DlcMerger 

Installing Mods

• I Recommend you check out EET Compatibility list and CahirSubtledoctor post for mod orders
  • You should install any EET compatible UI mods on the web, otherwise you may not be able to switch campaigns
  • Do not install EEex it's not compatible on android

Installing EET

• Once you've installed your desired mods on bgee+sod or not, copy the modified eet on bg2ee folder like this and open termux again and run this command. cd .. && cd bg2ee && weinstall EET
  • If you done it right, then it should ask you for the directory on Bgee+sod which is when you should enter this /storage/emulated/0/Documents/bgee 
  • If the installation succeeds and you've installed your mods then we can go to the next step.

Biffing and Transfer

• Copy generalized biffing on bg2ee folder and run weinstall generalized_biffing on termux
  • Now transfer data, lang, movies, music, override, scripts, worldmap, engine.lua, and chitin.key from bg2ee folder to android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition
  • Transfer Characters and Portraits to android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/files

Play the game   

• Open Bg2ee and if no crashes occured and no invalid text appeared on the character creation screen then congrats you're now playing EET on android!

General Android Modding Advice

• While it's possible to install mods natively. I still highly recommend you do it on a desktop(windows) computer if you have one since you will have access to tools like project infinity and you won't have to deal with slow installation of mods
  • Avoid centralfixing the data, override, and chitin.key for it will either not work properly or outright crashes the game
  • Do not install executable dependent mods
  • The data folder and chitin.key should always be placed in the Android/obb/com.beamdog.xxx
  • The characters and portraits folders should be placed in the Android/data/com.beamdog.xxx/files
  • The dialog.tlk can be detected outside the lang folder and it can be placed on Android/obb/com.beamdog.xxx if you choose to do soo

CREDITS

In_A_Graveyard. For his contribution on making EET work.

Subtledoctor. For the assistants and his past advocacy in favor of modding mobile.

Edited by Agerio
Added perl
13 minutes ago, In_A_Graveyard said:

Are you having to zip and centralfix the extra resources you're adding to the Android/obb/com. directory?

Specifically, the chitin.key file, is it just in the same directory as the main.obb and patch.obb? 

I do use zip+centralfixed on music and movies to save time but it's optional and yes the chitin.key is in the same directory.

Screenshot_2022-07-19-21-10-24-41_01c085aa929b1599fddd4ea6d6812c2d.jpg

@Agerio

I've been able to get this running w/ the help of the LeUI mod. Excellent!

The problem I'm having is that it takes a *very* long time for processes to finish in Termux when I run from non-rooted space like Documents or Downloads. Even other, smaller mods seem to take minutes instead of seconds.

Whenever I try to create the same modding environment in a folder without whatever is throttling the process, I start running into directory issues and case issues, which is where I've been working from already. Running tolower a bunch, editing anything within mods that might call a hard path, having to use weinstall with a sudo ahead of it, etc.

I feel like I've heard of these problems generally speaking, but I'm not sure how to get weidu/weinstall, case sensitivity and permmissions to all function together well.

Thanks for the write-up, this wasn't playable for me before hand!

On 12/23/2022 at 4:42 AM, Guest CroTard said:

What version of BG does this work on? My game just starts and crashes immediately

Latest version(2.6.6.10). Can you provide the weidu logs please So I can take a look at what mod is crashing your game also have you placed the data and chitin.key to the obb folder?, the game crashes when you place those two anywhere other than the obb directory. Otherwise, provide a screenshot of your obb and data directories.

Edited by Agerio
Gram fix
On 7/9/2023 at 8:09 PM, Guest BlackCookie said:

I had a problem installing Android. After completing the above installation process, the following screen appears and the .obb file is deleted. Can you solve the problem?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yHYy-65ZX7BtC8noTZNqzEnbb1FjbwBd/view?usp=drive_link

You've probably done the renaming process wrong.. move your modfiles outside the com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition if it still there and reinstall the game and clear data and cache if available then open the game. Go to the obb directory and copy/cut the two .obb files to somewhere you like, open it directly by clicking the "Open as archive" and rename the folders and files inside then copy those .obb back to the obb directory. Now open the game, if it immediately crashes and it didn't delete the obbs then you can move your modfiles back to the obb directory and the game should run. Btw if that message appears again and the modfiles was deleted then you're probably running a pirated apk of bg2ee which afaik have no known fix for.

Edited by Agerio

Which platform are you modding on

If I understand correctly, you install mods on platform X then copy game data to android. Use the dlcmerger package for platform X.

For example if you install on windows then copy to android, use dlcmerger for windows (if there are multiple version).

It may not be important for dlcmerger itself, but for some mods you may fail for install. For example, the linux version may fail to install on windows if the mod uses some _binaries_. I've seen it done with audio converters, iconv (charset converter) etc.

7 hours ago, mickabouille said:

Which platform are you modding on

If I understand correctly, you install mods on platform X then copy game data to android. Use the dlcmerger package for platform X.

For example if you install on windows then copy to android, use dlcmerger for windows (if there are multiple version).

It may not be important for dlcmerger itself, but for some mods you may fail for install. For example, the linux version may fail to install on windows if the mod uses some _binaries_. I've seen it done with audio converters, iconv (charset converter) etc.

Wait, so you're saying I can mod and merge the EET install on Windows and then transfer them over to Android?

Ah sorry I misread the original post, that's about installing inside termux (on android). For that you can use any package (common, windows or linux). And hope there is no use of native binaries inside (which is probably the general case on linux because on linux, the binaries are supposed to already be installed).

8 hours ago, GloriousCheese said:

Wait, so you're saying I can mod and merge the EET install on Windows and then transfer them over to Android?

I think that should be possible, but may required the android device to be rooted (to allow you to overwrite the app data)