Is EET compatibility still possible?

I'm halfway through an EET run (having not started BG2 yet) and would like to try NPC Strongholds. Unfortunately it looks like the EET compatibility tool is no longer available (dead link) and the only EET version as far as I can tell is Roxanne's unofficial v14, which I am considering, although it completely lacks documentation in case anything goes wrong (and I actually was only able to find it through Waybackmachine.) Obviously I'd rather be able to try the above-board v8.1 that @Cirosan did with the author's permission, but can it be made to work on EET?

I think I succeeded in replicating what K4thos did with his patch. It seems that Roxanne's version clearly used the patched version of the install file as the base, so I simply added all EVALUATE_BUFFER additions the v14 had as well as the game version check to the latest offical version. I haven't tested how it works.

Those evaluate buffers probably function as some sort of bug fixes?

EDIT: Added also v8.1 file.

setup-npc_strongholds.tp2

Setup-NPC_Strongholds.tp2

Edited by F-man
5 minutes ago, F-man said:

I think I succeeded in replicating what K4thos did with his patch. It seems that Roxanne's version clearly used the patched version of the install file as the base, so I simply added all EVALUATE_BUFFER additions the v14 had as well as the game version check to the latest offical version. I haven't tested how it works.

Those evaluate buffers probably function as some sort of bug fixes?

setup-npc_strongholds.tp2 25 kB · 0 downloads

So, I have already tried just running v8.1 through EET-modconverter and letting it auto-apply EVALUATE_BUFFER. The tp2 ends up with many more instances of EVALUATE_BUFFER than in your version. Hopefully they are harmless. Fingers crossed on that, and I'll post about whether it worked or not once I know.

(1) Put whole mod including tp2 file in the [game directory]/EET_modconverter/input folder.
(2) Run EET-modconverter.
(3) Copy contents of [game directory]/EET_modconverter/output folder to the mod folder and overwrite all files.
(4) Put resulting mod in your game directory and install from WeiDU.