wspatck.2da / wspecial.2da question

Salk

Hello!

Does anyone know if there are values we can use to decrement the attacks / round in the wspatck.2da table?

And also, if we introduce a speed malus (let's say +2) into the wspecial.2da table, would it cause a problem for weapons that already have the slowest speed (I think it's 10)?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Pretty sure you can’t go negative with APR adjustments in WSPATCK. 

You sure ? Cause say we take a character with 10 attacks per round*, then say those are done with zero attack speed, which would probably indicate that the character can complete 10 attacks if they are next to an enemy or a friend they attack against. Now, take the same situation but with a character that has attack speed of 10. What happens in the round, can they complete all t h e 10 attacks they were assigned with... or will it take then a round to adjust and then be able to attack 10 times the next round ?

Go test... and make a video about it.

*And yes, that's with improved haste to get the 10 attacks rather than the normal max 5 via double attacks per round, and bonuses via proficiencies etc. and bonus APR as you norrmally can't get to the max 5 without any of that. OR with a cheat-in test-character.

Sigh.

4 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Now, take the same situation but with a character that has attack speed of 10

My understanding is, APR will override attack speed. 10 APR will automatically drop your attack speed to 1 in order for the game to process the attack animations, even if you re wielding the slowest halberd ever made and it is cursed with a +10 attack speed penalty.

In any event, WSPATCK.2da does not modify attack speed - WSPECIAL does. I said you cannot apply negative  APR adjustments via WSPATCK.2da. So even if you are right, I am still right. :p

22 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Sigh.

Hahahaha.
<rest of the message>
Now, that would have been a good explanation in the above message.. so now who should sign here ?
OK, asking to maker a video about the subject might have been too much to ask... well, it wasn't, as one can ask for the moon, while knowing the other will not hand you a cheese ball... but that's besides the point.
But I really want my cheese ball, so where's my moon ?

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
On 10/29/2022 at 5:14 AM, subtledoctor said:

You're going to have to fly to the moon and get your own cheese, brother.

K, got my ball of cheddar. Here, if you are curious of what I found. So it's not just the weapon, but "good" luck you need to be able to attack the 10 times during the start round, even if you have 10 APR. Shocker...