Install interaction with aTweaks

Guest Connelly

Guest Connelly

I wasn't sure about presenting this as a "bug", because it doesn't seem to be about anything being wrong about EE Fixpack. There's a couple of issues I find when installing aTweaks on top of it. One that I can reliably reproduce, the other not so much.

When I try to install the PnP Fey creatures, I always get this error:

ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/atweaks/baf/fey/rr#snymp.baf]: Failure("Int32.of_string")
ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/atweaks/baf/fey/rr#snymp.baf]: Failure("Int32.of_string")
ERROR: compiling [atweaks/baf/fey/rr#snymp.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [PnP Fey creatures], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  75 files for [ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2] component 185.
Uninstalled     75 files for [ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2] component 185.
ERROR: Failure("Int32.of_string")
PLEASE report the error message in the file SETUP-ATWEAKS.DEBUG to Wisp, shsforums.net
Using Language [English]

Without EEFP, it installs perfectly.

The one I can't reproduce is related to Revised Fiend Summoning. It seems to work fine when it's only aTweaks and EE Fixpack alone, but it comes up when I introduce EEFP into a larger installation. I can't prove there's any relation, so I don't expect you can do much with it (then again, considering the current state of aTweaks, maybe it's not the best thing to install it in a 2.6 game?), but I'll leave it here just in case it helps in some way.

//Installing [Revised Fiend Summoning] [v4.53]
//loading 1 tra file
//loading 1 tra file
//Copying 1 file ...
//Copying and patching 1 file ...
//ERROR: [demnabsu.cre] -> [override/demnabsu.cre] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Unknown function: make_nabassu"))
//Stopping installation because of error.
//Stopping installation because of error.
//ERROR Installing [Revised Fiend Summoning], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall   1 files for [atweaks\setup-atweaks.tp2] component 154.
//Uninstalled      1 files for [atweaks\setup-atweaks.tp2] component 154.
//ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: make_nabassu")
//PLEASE report the error message in the file Setup-atweaks.debug to Wisp, shsforums.net
//Automatically Skipping [Revised Fiend Summoning] because of error.
//Using Language [English]
//weidu_external/lang/english/ubsetup.tra file not found. Skipping...
//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Revised Fiend Summoning

EEFP corrects a typo in objects.ids - specifically "EigthNearestEnemyOfType" is corrected to "EighthNearestEnemyOfType".

This means that everything that used to call this mistyped function now throws an error.

For atweaks you need to edit the files rr#snymp.baf, rr#shama.baf, and rr#shama.baf - for each of these find the line of code with "EigthNearestEnemyOfType" and add in the "h".

Edited by globocide
55 minutes ago, Sam. said:

Everyone with CDO probably just cringed.  At least put the correct spelling on top so as to not propagate the misspelling unnecessarily?

Excuse me. I believe the standard English-language acronym is "OCD". /nitpick

Also, the same typo and duplicate entry shows up at #67. (MyGroup instead of Enemy)

Swapping the order might swap the spelling when WeiDU decompiles a script. Which could cause trouble for anything relying on search-and-replace ... but I don't think these triggers are used anywhere in the base game.