How many mods overwrite "unused" spells (SPIN203, SPIN581 etc.)?

polytope

I don't want to make assumptions about vanilla game files being left untouched, but also don't want to needlessly make a mess of the override folder by adding many extraneous files that are functionally identical to things already present in game.

Is there anywhere a library of overwritten or changed vanilla spell files and .EFFs?

Guest Graion@Work

MiH and EET includes code to clean them up from SPELL.IDS, which frees those slots up to ADD_SPELL This allows theoretically to all of them.

EET's code is highly tailored to itself though EET/EET.tp2 at master · Gibberlings3/EET · GitHub

I'd say that the best assumption would be to tailor the detection towards SPELL.IDS; if the original ID stayed there, then assume the slot is wasted, but it was changed, assume it's a functional spell (or if this is about spell additions, implement this method along).

2 hours ago, Guest Graion@Work said:

I'd say that the best assumption would be to tailor the detection towards SPELL.IDS; if the original ID stayed there, then assume the slot is wasted, but it was changed, assume it's a functional spell (or if this is about spell additions, implement this method along).

Yes, if an ids entry has been changed it's a strong assumption that the spell was too, but the reverse isn't true, I know some mods alter vanilla .spl and .eff files with no corresponding update to spell.ids.

Reversion of the files to original is easy enough, but likely incompatible with whatever mod changed those, since the change was probably made for reasons important to that mods intended function.