Noob Questions (currently: Haer'Dalis Romance vs EET)

Hey, I would've posted this in some noob question mega thread, but I don't see any, so pardon.

I'm poking around Project Infinity to see what it does and how it does it, I've downloaded 4 mods, extracted them and pointed to the folder. But only 3 of them show - the missing one is "Twas the long boat from the Kara-tur". I tried changing the folder name to just "Karatur", extracting a level above, and a couple other dumb things, but didn't find the cause.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Aryene
10 hours ago, Endarire said:

Did you reload the PI list until it showed everything"

You mean using the reload arrows beside the folder path? If so, then yes, multiple times :( I also tried with only that one mod present in the folder and then no mods showed at all.

1 minute ago, AL|EN said:

@Aryene What's the "literal" name of the mod folder?

I am not sure what you're asking about, so I'll show a screenshot of the path and insides of the folder. At first I thought the top-folder name was too long, or it didn't like it starting with ' so I changed that too, to check, but it made no difference.

If "literal" name of the mod folder means something else, please let me know and I'll check that :D

Capture.JPG

@Aryene 

From where you downloaded this mod? I have no idea how you manage to extract the mod archive and get single quote character at the beginning of the folder name.

Download the mod from this post: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1103544/#Comment_1103544 and:

1. extract it
  2. open karatur\setup-karatur.tp2
  3. replace 
    BACKUP ~\KaraTur\Kbackup~

with

BACKUP ~KaraTur\backup~

4. Save file.

Now mod should be detected by PI.

Yeah, removing the / worked. Thanks!

Also, it works with the previous download as well. The one with 'Twas in the name and all the rest. It's the / and k in the BACKUP that blocked it. In case anyone else wondered.

Edited by Aryene

I don't want to spam the forum with new topics, so I changed the name here and here goes my newest noob question:

I want to use the real Planar Sphere Mod, with the silly-ass Archvillain quest and all. Apparently the Roxanne version cuts it out so that's a nah.

I found there's a patch for it in BWP Fixpack, but for the life of me, I can't seem to run it. Not to mention, the readme there says the utility is depreciated, so maybe I'm trying to do something stupid to begin with (someone suggested that on the Beamdog forums in the Planar Sphere topic).

Could some please clue me in? Thank you!

I tried to do it the way you were suggesting (which is what ineth's review says) but got nowhere. However I do have saved on my desktop v2.8.5, which works on EET. But I cannot for the life of me retrace my steps to where I got it. freddy-gwendo is mentioned in the documentation for v2.8.5, but it's not on his github and I'm a bit stumped. If I find it I'll post the link.

Edited by megrimlock

@Aryene

You need to extract the fixpack into your extracted mods folder. But even running it there doesn't seem to apply all the fixes to all the potential mods it could. I had the same problem with vlads compilation.

The only ways I've found are to either open the planar sphere mod folder found in the fixpack folder and use the contents to manually edit the files in the actual planar sphere mod folder. Notepad++ with the weidu language add on thingies, that possibly argent77? made, really really help with this.

Or, if you have an original bg2 install, do a bwp install with the minimum mods plus any you want patched and that will apply all relevant fixes. Then you just need to copy the tp2 file and any others that get changed from that install and replace the one in your extracted mods folder with it, and probably keep a copy out the way somewhere. If that makes sense.

It's a bit of a ballache but if you're just doing a bg2 install, not bgt, and with only a few mods it doesn't take that long

Edited by Nathan82

Hello, there is a similar question on SHS and here is a tentative to adapt the mod on EE / EET.

The player seems to have been able to play without major problems. (hopefully corrected since)

I can't promise that the fix is perfect considering my modding skills but the BWP fixes are applied as well as other fixes mentioned on the thread and in the readme.

You need to download the master for the working version, I can't make an official release without approval and better testing.

Edited by JohnBob

Apologies to JohnBob, it was indeed his github I filched the version from.

Full disclosure though - I didn't finish the mod in that install, I just checked that I could progress far enough to get the final big quest that Roxanne cut from her version (and I could). I was testing a number of mods affecting the Sphere at the same time, so it wasn't a full playthrough.

No problem megrimlock, I did detail the changes in the readme but I did not indicate the download link and the only mention of the mod is on the SHS thread.

Freddy_Gwendo is not involved in this update, but I'm using his very useful function to keep the vanilla compatibility regarding items descriptions.

Don't hesitate to give feedback, once you have played a complete game !

I found a really rather weird interaction.

Haer'Dalis Romance mod makes it so the Wild Mage kit (and maybe another that was also irregular in original version) disappear from EEKeeper. The kit is present in the game and works just fine. Even if it's added to a multiclass character via EEKeeper by directing EEKeeper to draw files from a different installation. Very strange.

From my extra noob limited research, I'd saaaay... incompatibility with EET, where the ids for Wild Mage isn't listed in kits IDS (as it didn't used to be there), but now in EE it is... ?

I found ids.tpf file listing kits there, it's gotta be it. Though I don't know what exactly, given how, well, Wild Mage is here. Prolly some number or another.

COPY_EXISTING ~kit.ids~ ~override~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bTRUECLASS\b~              ~0x4000 TRUECLASS~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bBERSERKER\b~              ~0x4001 BERSERKER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bWIZARDSLAYER\b~           ~0x4002 WIZARDSLAYER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bKENSAI\b~                 ~0x4003 KENSAI~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bCAVALIER\b~               ~0x4004 CAVALIER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bINQUISITOR\b~             ~0x4005 INQUISITOR~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bUNDEADHUNTER\b~           ~0x4006 UNDEADHUNTER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bMAGESCHOOL_ABJURER\b~     ~0x0040 MAGESCHOOL_ABJURER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bMAGESCHOOL_CONJURER\b~    ~0x0080 MAGESCHOOL_CONJURER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bMAGESCHOOL_DIVINER\b~     ~0x0100 MAGESCHOOL_DIVINER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bMAGESCHOOL_ENCHANTER\b~   ~0x0200 MAGESCHOOL_ENCHANTER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bMAGESCHOOL_ILLUSIONIST\b~ ~0x0400 MAGESCHOOL_ILLUSIONIST~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bMAGESCHOOL_INVOKER\b~     ~0x0800 MAGESCHOOL_INVOKER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bMAGESCHOOL_NECROMANCER\b~ ~0x1000 MAGESCHOOL_NECROMANCER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bMAGESCHOOL_TRANSMUTER\b~  ~0x2000 MAGESCHOOL_TRANSMUTER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bMAGESCHOOL_GENERALIST\b~  ~0x4000 MAGESCHOOL_GENERALIST~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bFERALAN\b~                ~0x4007 FERALAN~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bSTALKER\b~                ~0x4008 STALKER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bBEASTMASTER\b~            ~0x4009 BEASTMASTER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bASSASIN\b~                ~0x400A ASSASIN~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bBOUNTYHUNTER\b~           ~0x400B BOUNTYHUNTER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bSWASHBUCKLER\b~           ~0x400C SWASHBUCKLER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bBLADE\b~                  ~0x400D BLADE~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bJESTER\b~                 ~0x400E JESTER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bSKALD\b~                  ~0x400F SKALD~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bGODTALOS\b~               ~0x4013 GODTALOS~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bGODHELM\b~                ~0x4014 GODHELM~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bGODLATHANDER\b~           ~0x4015 GODLATHANDER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bTOTEMIC\b~                ~0x4010 TOTEMIC~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bSHAPESHIFTER\b~           ~0x4011 SHAPESHIFTER~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bBEASTFRIEND\b~            ~0x4012 BEASTFRIEND~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bBARBARIAN\b~              ~0x0000 BARBARIAN~
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*\bWILDMAGE\b~               ~0x0000 WILDMAGE~
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

I wonder why this file is even in this mod? Is it safe to take it out? It seems to have nothing to do with the character or dialogues, but everything to do with kits, and a bit about spells?

I commented out the two lines - Barbarian and Wildmage - in this section I pasted above, and the bug is gone. No idea about the consequences, but it seems so bizarre here, hmm.

Edited by Aryene