SubtleMods: SubtleD's Stat Overhauls (Stats of Balance?)

This mod is a more focused collection of mods affecting various player stats: ability scores, experience points, and magic resistance for the most part.

The readme is here.

You can download it here.

Contents:

• Ability Score Overhaul - changes the bonuses and penalties associated with Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. The focus is on making the traditional "dump stats" more interesting and useful. This also changes racial maximums for demihuman characters, giving them +1 in two stats, -1 in one stat, and -2 in one stat.
  • Stat-Based Bonus Spells - this gives mages and bards bonus spell slots for high Intelligence, and give sorcerers bonus spell slots for high Charisma.
  • Hit Dice Overhaul - this provides three options for changing the way hit dice and Constitution bonuses work, with the goal of getting players to turn off the "max hit points" game option and roll for hit points, while controlling the rolls to prevent outlier results.
  • Saving Throw Overhaul - this adjust saving throw tables for the various classes so each has a clearly-defined strength and weakness when facing hostile magic effects. It also streamlines the saves used for different kinds of spells: charms and illusions use saves vs. spells, AoE/targeted energy spells use saves vs. breath weapon, necromantic effects use saves vs. death, effects that try to change or control one's physical form, like petrification or polymorph, use saves vs. petrification/polymorph (!), and saves vs. wands are largely unused.
  • No Murder XP - this reduces the XP rewards for killing enemies to 1/2, to 1/4, or to 1/8. Try playing the game and only relying on quest XP!
  • Choose the starting XP amount for new games in the Siege of Dragonspear and Shadows of Amn campaigns.
  • Magic Resistance Overhaul - two options: 1) virtually eliminate all MR from the game (from magic items and from enemies) and replace it with different protective effects, mostly strong bonuses to saving throws; or 2) simply reduce the MR of all items and creatures to much lower levels.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Thacobell said:

I'm not seeing an install order in the readme. What's the recommedned order to install all these?

Ya I took that stuff out of the readmes and I need to rewrite the install order and compatibility stuff. I’m just exhausted here at the point of making all these posts. 

Short answer is my personal install order looks like this:

• IR 1st component
  • SR
  • IWDification
  • DR, RR, S&S, other kits, etc.
  • SD Spell Tweaks
  • Tome and Blood
  • Refinements
  • Will to Power
  • Might & Guile
  • Faiths & Powers
  • 5E Spellcasting
  • IR rest of components
  • CDTweaks
  • Stratagems
  • SD Item Tweaks (could be higher, but SCS adds a small handful of items, and at any rate should be after IR/CDTweaks)
  • Combat Skills & Proficiencies
  • SD Stat Overhauls (this could maybe actually go earlier? I have to look at the code... maybe should be before SCS)
  • Magic Battles Revised
  • NPC_EE

Massively more comprehensive and more convoluted version here.

Edited by subtledoctor
51 minutes ago, megrimlock said:

Off topic, but I see your full list ends with generalised biffing. Other things I've seen suggest this is not beneficial in EE. Is it because you're on ipad?

Sort of! The iOS game is case-sensitive, so I change all my files in /override to upper-case. For whatever reason, every script, app, and utility I’ve found to do this takes forever. But Generalized Biffing can install and uninstall in a matter of seconds, and when it’s done all the files are upper-case! So I don’t actually use GB for biffing - in fact, you cannot use biffed files on iOS - but instead I install it and then immediately uninstall it. 

Seems a bit ridiculous, but… what can I say, it works. 

2 minutes ago, mickabouille said:

I use general biffing after nearinfinity got reaaaaally slow without it (linux, ext4 with casefolding).

Maybe I should check if that's still the case.

That happened to me as well - I literally used to keep a biffed duplicate of my entire 30GB game folder, just to use NI. But happily, recent versions of NI no longer suffer such slowdowns. 

Bug Report:
Stat Overhaul is breaking something with Artisan's kitpack. Installing the stat overhaul component causes the game to crash when trying to make a hivemaster druid from the kitpack. Uninstalling the component stopped the crash. So I'm pretty sure that's the issue.WeiDU.log Attached WeiDU log

AionZ likes to do the occasional kit that has some extra abilities, and trade those off with reduced stats. Is it possible stat overhaul is tweaking something so that a class minimum is clashing with a lowered stat maximum somewhere?