v35 comments / questions (report a bug in a new topic, not here)

Bear in mind that it’s Resurrection, but not Raise Dead, that requires a diamond. In other words, it’s only required in situations where, absent this component, you would permanently lose your companion. So this makes things strictly easier than in the unmodded game. If a low level player can’t afford a diamond, they can replicate unmodded-game behavior but just accepting their companion’s permanent death.

All that said, many of the features of that component, including the diamond requirement, can be fine-tuned from stratagems.ini - if you don’t want the diamond, just set resurrection_requires_diamond to zero.

Guest plisk

Hi,

Ive recently installed SCS 35.4  -- all components enabled -- and noticed that when I roll a Cavalier, I have the wrong spell list. For example, fairie fire and protection from good instead of protection from evil. 

Ive tried this a fresh install on BG2EE with no other mods installed, so I've ruled out the possibility of it being from other mods.

image.png?ex=65a7929f&is=65951d9f&hm=1c2

Guest eug

Hello there, 

What about expanding the slightly to powerful spells part of SCS with a component that brings Spells closer to IWD. Web, Sleep and Grease come to mind. 

Or if possible. Fireball burns  ( counters) Web .So you have to choose between the CC or the AOE.  Not sure if such a thing is possible with the engine. 

On 12/30/2023 at 9:46 AM, DavidW said:

Bear in mind that it’s Resurrection, but not Raise Dead, that requires a diamond. In other words, it’s only required in situations where, absent this component, you would permanently lose your companion. So this makes things strictly easier than in the unmodded game. If a low level player can’t afford a diamond, they can replicate unmodded-game behavior but just accepting their companion’s permanent death.

All that said, many of the features of that component, including the diamond requirement, can be fine-tuned from stratagems.ini - if you don’t want the diamond, just set resurrection_requires_diamond to zero.

O I c. I  was confusing raise dead and resurrection.

On 12/30/2023 at 5:44 AM, polytope said:

The BG series aren't modern RPGs, though, and SCS is intended to make the game more difficult. With such a mechanic, the game is only lost by TPK (would you extend it to the protagonist?) which is pretty rare even with improved AI, as SCS doesn't greatly increase the firepower or number of enemies in most encounters.

Game lost by TPK is the way to go OC :)  . We have to extend it to the protagonist. As for me, I play with an old component of EET allowing to continue the fight  if protagonist die. ( and also allowing to resurect the protagonist after if you manage to win the fight).

Edited by DrAzTiK

For SCS player summoned fiends what is the problem with giving them teleport without error? Why not just use Target([ANYONE]) with an exclusion maybe for Allegiance NUETRAL. That way they'd only teleport to creatures in battle. Then maybe set the range to greater than 15 but less than 50, or something else to keep them from going across the whole map if that's an issue.

I don't specifically remember, but mostly likely I saw it was causing problems for some reason and decided it was low-enough priority that it was simpler to disable it than spend the time trying to get it working correctly.

On 1/13/2024 at 1:14 AM, Morgoth said:

Any possibility to add a tweak to force SoD to make the enemies act with insane ai, even if you are playing on core ?

Not until I actually get around to playing SoD, which for various reasons I still haven't. Until then I look at it as little as possible.

Don't want to start a new thread for this as I'm not sure if it'd be a bug or intended but Hexxat is getting unlimited dominations due to the vampire changes SCS makes. Her domination recharges every round. Is this SCS "playing fair" since she is technically a vampire? Either way, a bit on the broken side in my opinion.