ToF and Spell Revisions 4.19.rc4 Install

OK, so the 'install all spell tweaks' component is shared with SCS, and was tested against SR 4.18, which is the one on the official G3 download page, and as far as I can see is the most recent official release (since then it's just been release candidates). I'm not really willing to spend time sorting out compatibility issues with release-candidate versions, so I'll need to wait until there is an official 4.19 release. If you can reproduce errors on SR 4.18, let me know.

Just for comparison:

Similar error (as well as couple of more errors) on SRR version - weidu and debug attached.

(I understand tha SRR is currently unsupported with regards to compatibilty, but in case of spell tweaks being not applicable... Couldn't that specific tweak be skipped?)

Furthermore - error with "Install all spell tweaks" happened to me on clean 2.6.6 BG2EE install as well 😞

Need to investigate a bit more...

Tested on SR 4.18 - Spell Increase in Power fails in SPPR734... the same way as on 4.19 or SRR

Edited by rpmaster
2 hours ago, rpmaster said:

(I understand tha SRR is currently unsupported with regards to compatibilty, but in case of spell tweaks being not applicable... Couldn't that specific tweak be skipped?)

It's my responsibility to make sure that SRR is supported just as much as SR is, not anybody else's. I'll have to do some test installs with SR and SRR at some point here and see what I can do.

18 hours ago, DavidW said:

The underlying bug here should be fixed in beta 2, though I haven't checked a SR (far less an SRR) install.

Thanks for the update!

Currently (beta2) on SR the bug shifted to another section ))

SR spwi466.spl blocks installation of the "Add new arcane/divine spells" components.

Edited by rpmaster
1 hour ago, DavidW said:

What’s the error message?

Ok, I had a minute to do several tests on totally clean install SR+ToF (beta 2).

The results are:

4.18 and 4.19 - All spell components installed, but Elementals component gave warnings. Hopefully, they are harmles.

SRR: Yep, adding new ToF spells gives ERROR: [SPWI466.spl] -> [nowhere] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("shouldn't happen")) - seems to be a bug on their side, something for Bartimaeus to sort out later.

Meanwhile, since we are here, I would like to ask Your opinion on the install order of SR-secondary components (fixes for invisibility, deflection, area spells etc). Since ToF adds new spells, should SR secondary components be installed after them? Or is it better to stick to (Full SR) - (Full ToF) install order?

Edited by rpmaster
2 hours ago, rpmaster said:

SRR: Yep, adding new ToF spells gives ERROR: [SPWI466.spl] -> [nowhere] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("shouldn't happen")) - seems to be a bug on their side, something for Bartimaeus to sort out later.

Presumably, the issue there is that SRR's Polymorph Self has a sixth form, while SR's only has five.

SR's forms: Mustard Jelly, Ogre, Sword Spider, Flind, Winter Wolf

SRR's forms: Mustard Jelly, Ogre Mage, Sword Spider, Salamander, Troll, Winter Wolf

ToF's forms: Ogre Mage, Spider, Hell Hound, Hill Giant Barbarian, Rat

I'm not certain of the best way to amend this yet. If I had to remove a form to make it so that the component at least didn't error out (assuming that it fixed the issue), it'd probably be Mustard Jelly (as I can't imagine it's a well-used form even after I buffed it up, and especially because it's covered by Cloak of the Sewers anyways...also, if someone does use the Mustard Jelly form in BG1, the Protection from Normal Weapons property of the form can be highly exploitative as well, which is not great).

Edited by Bartimaeus

Messing around the holiday weekend, I looked and saw that the error seems to stem from the following interaction:

ERROR: No translation provided for @32102
ERROR: [SPWI807.spl] -> [override/dw#sumfi.spl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Not sure if this is what it is (not too familiar with weidu), but it seemed to cause the issue.