[35.6] Stratagems skips Smarter Githyanki and Spellcasting demiliches when installing in batch mode

Guest some dude

Guest some dude

For some reason both components were skipped when installing in batch mode.
Githyanki says "This component requires "smarter general AI" to be installed" and demilich says "This component requires "Smarter Mages" to be installed".
I had both smarter general AI and Smarter Mages chosen to be installed and they installed succesfully.

I succesfully installed Smarter Githyanki afterwards(not Spellcasting demiliches because I don't want to install that component). You think all went well and I can start a new game without problems?

I had about half of Ascension v2.0.26 and The Wheels of Prophecy v8.5 installed in that order before Stratagems.

Oh, i just need report a similar isuee on BGEE @DavidW

This three components 

SKIPPING: [Slightly smarter carrion crawlers]
        This component requires "smarter general AI" to be installed
SKIPPING: [Improved Cloakwood Druids]
        This component requires "Smarter Priests" to be installed
SKIPPING: [Improved Red Wizards]
        This component requires "Smarter Mages" to be installed

None of them are installed in batch mode, they are always skipped by the installer. This never happened in version 34.3

You can imagine the inconvenience this can cause because everyone always tries to install things in batch mode as it is much easier. But if you are not attentive you could always forget those components in your installations. 

7 minutes ago, ElGamerViejuno said:

None of them are installed in batch mode, they are always skipped by the installer. This never happened in version 34.3

Version 35 uses a new version of the batch mode; ultimately it's more stable but there are some teething issues. Thanks for catching them.

7 minutes ago, ElGamerViejuno said:

You can imagine the inconvenience this can cause because everyone always tries to install things in batch mode as it is much easier.

That's what you get for using a mod, I'm afraid (especially a newly-updated one). If you want professional QA you need to pay for it.

7 hours ago, DavidW said:

professional QA

not sure what you mean. all of this so called "professional" qa are totally useless. well, you can send them reports and thats it. yeah, when your game is crashing or something oh yeah don't be shy just call "professionals qa" from Ubisoft, Bethesda, et consortes, they gonna help you like a real motherfucker pardon my french.

there is actually personal contact between modders and players, which is almost completely non existent in so called professional gaming buisness especially aaa games.

6 minutes ago, InKal said:

not sure what you mean. all of this so called "professional" qa are totally useless. well, you can send them reports and thats it. yeah, when your game is crashing or something oh yeah don't be shy just call "professionals qa" from Ubisoft, Bethesda, et consortes, they gonna help you like a real motherfucker pardon my french.

there is actually personal contact between modders and players, which is almost completely non existent in so called professional gaming buisness especially aaa games.

oc but is not the real topic . It goes without that playing new release of a mod (especially a big mod like SCS) can bring some discomfort (bugs) and then It is very inappropriate to complain about it.

2 hours ago, DrAzTiK said:

oc but is not the real topic . It goes without that playing new release of a mod (especially a big mod like SCS) can bring some discomfort (bugs) and then It is very inappropriate to complain about it.

No, it's fine.