animations and scripted events during Timestop?

I need to have a scripted scene that emulates a Timestop spell. It will:

• Start a cut scene
  • Every one should freeze like in a Timestop, except Charname (still in cut scene mode though)
  • The Dimension Door animation plays and Charname will be teleported a short distance away
  • The Timestop should end and a dialogue fires

That's it. My questions are:

1) Do area scripts continue to run in Timestop?

2) Can scripted animations play in Timestop?

3) Can I manipulate a character like teleporting them somewhere work in Timestop?

If the answer to one or more of those is 'no,' is there a way to visually simulate a Timestop (the greyed out background etc.), and I can fudge the other stuff in the cut scene?

I guess you could emulate it with the color effects and a separate area that you manually greyscaled. But I don't think there's any way to stop projectiles.

Considering I've been SCS Planetars cast Globe of Blades during other Mages' Timestops, it is definitely the case that scripts are run during Timestop, but effects are never played (though you might have to use a cutscene or creature script instead of an area script, but that shouldn't be too hard to do). My suggestion is to instead use the "Unsummoned" visual effect instead since that will cover charname when the first frame of it plays, and teleport out almost immediately.

You can order inactive creatures via script to move during a Timestop but I'm not sure if the action actually happens if the creature isn't immune to Timestop, and I'm not sure if you can apply immunity to it while it is active either. But if it's any creature you want active, then it should be fine, I'm fairly certain that works.

2 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

3) Can I manipulate a character like teleporting them somewhere work in Timestop?

Any action you can fully execute while the game is paused can be done by a creature during time stop, whether or not they are immune.  Every action in INSTANT.IDS should qualify.

JumpToPoint() is not on that list, but can be added, though that may cause other scripts to misbehave.

ReallyForceSpell()/Point() are on the list, and can teleport creatures with the teleport opcode as long as it uses projectile (1|none) and has no delay.

Better question is, does timestop even work during cutscene mode. Because the latter disables crowd control effects.

In any case, the answer to the first question is a definite no. Cutscene mode suppresses all scripts except itself.

You can run cutscene lite (I forgor the syntax, but it should be easy to find), which essentially just hides the UI, but otherwise is no different from normal mode. It does involve having to ensure running scripts won't accidentally interfere with the scene, though.

IIRC the timestop grayscale should be possible to apply via switching on/off some area flag.

Edited by Ardanis