Men Bashing for a Good Cause

Domi

Do I like men? Ha! They will slither into your bedroll, crawl all over you, making you retch with their stench, plant a parasite into your belly, rendering you weak - and you have the gall to ask me if I like them? Bloodshed is the only thing I like!

Actually, Shar-Teel is more 'male' in her hatred of males in that she openly despises men as weaker sex, but would gladly bed one that attracted her attention... for a night or so, until he starts whining about commitments, love or she is bored with him :) It's an idea that Kish introduced very early on and I always liked it a lot, because imo it made Shar-Teel less stereotypical (and enabled me to write her relationship, lol).

Yep, what I wanted to say is that Shar-Teel might despise the concept of getting pregnant, not sex itself, as it would diminish her fighting abilities. I agree that despising the idea of bedding a man in itself would be taking it too far, though. :)

Don't worry, there is a dozen plus options to praise men in one of the chats, though I am afraid Shar-Teel remains unimpressed. Romancing her helps to soften her attitude somewhat in some cases for some PC's. :)

Some npc specific ones:

Ajantis - A simple mind for a simple person. Truely you are the apitmy of a simpleton.

Coran - Bah! You could be soo much more and you waste what talents you have on such pettiness.

Edwin - Go around strutting like your so good with that red robe and all if you want. I can kill a mages just as easy as it can kill a warrior. Actually a bit easier as there's little muscle to get in the way.

Eldoth - You think you can fool me with that smooth talk? You know though, they say the smoother the talker, the softer the belly. Want to see if that's really the case?

Garrick - Gah! The way you act and move...you're more girlish than most women I've met!

Kagain - Stupid dwarven male. All you care about is money. You'll just end up like some fat old mizer who deserves to die.

Khalid - Still afraid of your past I hear. Pfft. Such a coward you are. Being tied to the past is why you'll never amount to anything.

Minsc - I haveto say you're not too bad as a fighter and you atleast are willing to admit a rodent has a higher intellgence than you.

Montaron - I think the gods did something right for a change. They gave you the proper size and stature males like you deserve.

Quayle - You seem so quick to let your 'wisdom' be heard. Let me now impart you some of mine. Give me one more peace of advice and it will be your last. Got it?

Tiax - Don't think I care much for your professed goals. You seem like all other men, all talk and no action. Conquer atleast one realm before you gloat like that in front of me.

Xan - Why must you whine so much? If your that miserable of this life, I'll gladly end it for you.

Xzar - So you still going on about your 'mummy'? You should go back home like the sissy boy you really are.

Yeslick - You're still not dead old geezer? I don't know why you haven't been put you down yet.

Guest Eral

Rebecca West might be a good source, although she might sound a bit too educated.

"There is,of course, no reason for the existence of the male sex except that one sometimes needs help in moving the piano."

<CHARNAME>, if he is ill reputed, highly charismatic and devlishly strong. All others are practice targets.

Actually i think Montaro would be near the top as well as minsc and kagain, then Coran and maybe Yeslick

She really would despise Garrick and Quayle though more than the others though. Garrick because he's seems to her to act so girlish and Quayle because he wouldn't stop giving her advice.

Tiax she might respect some if he was more action and less gloating on his goals and Khalid if he'd get over his past.

All of them though at best she'd respect them. Maybe for a few of the first ones she might consider comrades if they proved themselves, but its unlikely. None of them i can see her thinking as a friend. And even if she does grow to any sort of liking i think it wouldn't affect he rhetoric, in fact other than those she truly despiese she'd be even worse.

Anyway this is my opinion only though.

I agree with you that whatever Shar-Teel feels will not affect much what she sais. Shar-Teel went through many hands before we had her finished, so she did not luck out to have a writer with a strong vision for her for a significant period of time in the beginning when the core dialogues were created. As a result, I think she ended up hateful of one and all male in the party. It is not entirely unjustified though within the bounds of the character howevere, so I followed this idea when editing and assembling her final set and romacne.

In my interpretaion as the character guardian:

Kagain is the closest to a male that she would come to respect, but Hendryk defined the firm point of departure there: Shar-teel likes bloodshed for its own sake and Kagain would chose a solution that pays. Hence, she despises him afterwards as copper-counter.

Montaron is too feeble for her to even bother noticing him. I do not think that she would have any respect for his backstubbing assassin's ways.

From the others you named she would have simply dismissed Coran with his flashy easy-going personality with a couple of insults, had he not tried to be friendly; once he had done so, she starts hating him with passion.

Since Minsc is the only male that is potentially stronger than her, she regards him as a freak of the weaker sex (similary to how men treat Brienne of Tarth - with disbelief, pity and disgust)...

Finally Yeslick, with his slow to anger ways and who is wise in her years I see as antithesis to her rush, mean and angry demeanor.

I agree with you that whatever Shar-Teel feels will not affect much what she sais. Shar-Teel went through many hands before we had her finished, so she did not luck out to have a writer with a strong vision for her for a significant period of time in the beginning when the core dialogues were created. As a result, I think she ended up hateful of one and all male in the party. It is not entirely unjustified though within the bounds of the character howevere, so I followed this idea when editing and assembling her final set and romacne.

In my interpretaion as the character guardian:

Kagain is the closest to a male that she would come to respect, but Hendryk defined the firm point of departure there: Shar-teel likes bloodshed for its own sake and Kagain would chose a solution that pays. Hence, she despises him afterwards as copper-counter.

Montaron is too feeble for her to even bother noticing him. I do not think that she would have any respect for his backstubbing assassin's ways.

From the others you named she would have simply dismissed Coran with his flashy easy-going personality with a couple of insults, had he not tried to be friendly; once he had done so, she starts hating him with passion.

Since Minsc is the only male that is potentially stronger than her, she regards him as a freak of the weaker sex (similary to how men treat Brienne of Tarth - with disbelief, pity and disgust)...

Finally Yeslick, with his slow to anger ways and who is wise in her years I see as antithesis to her rush, mean and angry demeanor.

I don't think she'd go quite as far with Minsc as the others if only because she knows he might be able to beat her, especially if he went beserk. She's not stupid enough to provoke someone like that too much. That doesn't mean she'll be chummy either.

As to Yeslick I was thinking more along the line that she'd kinda either be put off or atleast minorly respect someone who can take her insults. That or she could think him even weaker, but her inability to rile him up would probably put her off more than it would make her see him a weak.

Kaigan, yea the differance departs on money over carnage for the sake of carnage. But he is strong and atleast doesn't seem to mind making carnage when nessary.

Montaro, yea his weakness is his strength (or lack of it) and size, but his blooththirstyness rivals hers. She'd probably ignore him at first until he catches her attention. But of all the personalites, there's is the most similar. Not nessarily compatable, but similar.

And my stances on Garrick and Quayle remain.

Archived