no one's talking

Guest autumn leaf

Guest autumn leaf

I installed the crossmod banter back and I have Tsujatha, Yasraena and Saerileth in my group but they aren't talking. I don't know if the cross banter mod is not working on my computer or just that there is something wrong with my computer, because apart from the Tsujatha love talks, there is pretty much no dialogue in my game between any NPC. So help! Pretty please! Is it because of anything, like I'm playing the game too fast or something? :p:)

Guest autumn leaf
Its possible you just haven't seen them yet.  Have you tried the Banter Accelerator from PPG or using the console to force a banter?  If it's still not working, could you post your Crossmod debug file?

ugh...I am a computer idiot so I didn't really understand that. :p Sorry!

But I have been playing that game of mine for quite some time and no conversation come out at all, I've even left it on pause a long time.

In your BGII folder there is a file it should look like this setup-crossmodbanter.DEBUG . im not sure what you are supposed to use to open it so you can post illleave that ot the experts :p

It can be opened with text programs such as Notepad, Wordpad and ConTEXT. If it and the NPC Mods installed fine, I don't see why it shouldn't work. Banters are random, however, so installing the Banter Accelerator would help quite a bit. It can be found in the Banter Packs, Kelsey and Keto, at Pocketplane Group

I'm not entirely certain this is an issue that's caused by the CrossMod pack, as I've had the same thing occur in one of my games -- quite a few hours of play with absolutely no banters popping up unless I helped them along with control-I. No CMBP or PPG banter packs installed. Figured I just mixed something up one way or another since I had rather a large assortment of mods in at the time, but it was very strange to have absolutely no random banters, though lovetalks did come up appropriately.

I'm not entirely certain this is an issue that's  caused by the CrossMod pack, as I've had the same thing occur in one of my games -- quite a few hours of play with absolutely no banters popping up unless I helped them along with control-I.  No CMBP or PPG banter packs installed.  Figured I just mixed something up one way or another since I had rather a large assortment of mods in at the time, but it was very strange to have absolutely no random banters, though lovetalks did come up appropriately.

I had that, too, except no LoveTalks or Flirts. I just had to completely clear out all trace of BGII from my computer and start over. This was long before Crossmod Banter Pack, too.

Also, something is terribly wrong with the "Quote" option here in G3.

Also, something is terribly wrong with the "Quote" option here in G3.

What problems are you having with it?

I have to click Quote and then click Reply. Of course, I didn't realize clicking Reply would also make me Quote, so it took awhile and it was annoying. I guess that's not so much of a problem, but if I hadn't tried clicking Reply I would have never Quoted ever again... :p

Oh, hmm. Here clicking Quote automatically brings up the Reply menu with the quote inserted. I'm using the Blood Wine skin though I don't know if it makes a difference.

It did that for me, too, until about a week ago. I'm using whatever skin G3 used when it first came about. Not sure what it's called.

I sure feel bad about spamming on Grim's forum, though...

EDIT: My skin is Blue on White.

What the newer version of invision does is have the quote button as a 'do you want a quote or not when you press reply or not?' button i.e press quote then reply if you want a quote, don't press the quote button if you don't want a quote inserted.

Oh, okay. Boy, do I feel silly. Thanks for clearing that up. Sure is annoying.

Archived