who would you add for the sixth slot in the party?

Lemernis

Current party:

male CG Fighter (to be dualed to Thief at level Fighter L7)

Imoen (Mage 2/Thief 4)

Garrick

Shar-Teel

Viconia

Who would you add to round out this party for some interesting NPC interaction? I was thinking of adding Coran, since I haven't yet used him with the Banter Pack installed.

Current party:

male CG Fighter (to be dualed to Thief at level Fighter L7)

Imoen (Mage 2/Thief 4)

Garrick

Shar-Teel

Viconia

Who would you add to round out this party for some interesting NPC interaction?  I was thinking of adding Coran, since I haven't yet used him with the Banter Pack installed.

Eldoth. Garrick and he have some very interesting interaction, and if you add Skie to the party it becomes even more fun.

Plus you might like to see how male chauvinist Eldoth interacts with Shar-Teel. ;)

Eldoth is a good suggestion, but you will need to drop Imoen for Skie and then you will have two bards as your arcanes. Coran might be too thiefy for the party, but I assume you want him as your bowman, rather than a thief.

Do you have a particular "niche" in mind for the sixth character? It seems that you are doing mixed alignments, so pretty much every NPC can fit in in that regard.

The mages: Quayle, Edwin, Xan or for extreme reactions, Ajantis, could all fit well and have fun interactions. Recruiting any male character with Shar-Teel in party is going to prompt her reaction. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions! I have tried Ajantis and Eldoth with a very similar party before (including Immy and Garrick and an assortment of other characters), and found it pretty entertaining. I think I want to check out some new NPCs this time around, though. Here are the ones I have used so far with the Banter Pack:

Imoen

Montaron

Xzar

Jaheira

Khalid

Garrick

Kagain

Minsc

Branwen

Kivan

Ajantis

Eldoth

Btw, other than Jah and Kha, I have no problem splitting up NPC pairs.

Functionally, Coran works out well since it will be a while before the protagonist can dual to thief, and Immy gets her thieving skills back. The group would also benefit from a strong archer. (I removed Kivan temporarily but he won't rejoin; not sure why, rep was at 12.)

Will a CG PC be unable to romance Viconia as well as Shar-Teel? I'd like to have the option to romance both, heh!

Now that the game is already underway, what if I change the PC's alignment to LN via Shadowkeeper? But if I do, will I still be able to dual to Thief? I.e., can LN aligned characters choose thief? I had initially wanted the chararacter to be LN, actually. But IIRC that alignment isn't available to thieves. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

Will a CG PC be unable to romance Viconia as well as Shar-Teel? I'd like to have the option to romance both, heh!

Viconia is not romanceable in BG1. Your protagonist cannot have a relationship with Shar-Teel, since he is CG, and his rep is probably 10 and above.

EDIT: You may try Dynaheir, since her romance is the longest and best developed, and since you haven't played with her before. Branwen is also romanceable, but you probably have seen her romance already.

I'm surprised at the decision not to make Viconia romanceable, as she is in BG2 as we know.

I guess I have nothing to lose by editing the game to make the protagonist LN and see what happens with respect to the Shar-Teel romance. I'll report back.

I'm surprised at the decision not to make Viconia romanceable, as she is in BG2 as we know.

To continue your thought, Khalid should have been killed in the Friendly Arm Inn, and thus Jaheira would have been made romanceable in BG1, too? ;)

(Personally, I am comfortable with Viconia being romanceable only in BG2, because I think no one can write her better than Gaider. I tried writing for her, myself - her player-initiated dialogues in BG1 are mine - but they don't even come close).

EDIT: screw these modal verbs...

I guess I have nothing to lose by editing the game to make the protagonist LN and see what happens with respect to the Shar-Teel romance. I'll report back.

You will not be able to romance Shar-Teel with a LN character. Please, check out the Romance Guide included with the mod, it will give you all the details of the romance requirements your PC has to meet in order to initiate a romance for each of the romanceable NPCs. You might need put a helm of the opposing alignment on your PC and drop his reputation in order for Shar-Teel to like him.

As for Viconia's romance it would have been a difficult one to write becuase it cannot prevenue ToB one, it cannot be the same as SoA one, but it would still have to be compatible with the two. Which mostly amounts to the situation that Viconia does not romance the PC in BG1 as she is too busy ajusting to the life on the surface. Plus, DanCo who was the first Viconia's Czar and is responcible for her banter, left long time ago and I doubt that Andyr will be interested in writing a romance.

Ah, okay then, no romances this time around looks like. Thanks for cuing me in to the guide, and the various good tidbits of info above. I think in the next game I will try the Dynaheir romance. Not sure who else I'd want to include in the party, but that's for another day. Thanks guys ;)

It's included with the mod download, so you will have it in the BG1NPC folder after you installed the mod. IIRC there is a separate folder called: Romance Guide. It is a pdf file. Have fun.

Archived