Hey, Playtesters...

cmorgan

playtesters, that is, not bugs!

Because I only partially understood some technical stuff, the current alphas (v12a6 and v12a7) have no icons for the roses in Coran's Quest. It will be repaired and posted with a new internal version Friday (probably around 5 pm CST/USA, if I am lucky).

If anyone reading this is itching for a great run through Tutu, please PM me and get signed on for a test run -- we have some things still to work out, but the vast majority of the bug reports for v11 have been addressed. We would love some folks to take it out for a spin and try to break it (ok, pound on the hood and kick the tires)!

Will the Ajantis dream comments be fixed? They're still out of sequence.

Also, was the area description for the Nashkell mines changed. I know that traditionally LTs have not happened in dungeons. Last time I played an Ajantis romance, the LTs fired all through the mines. This time, nothing. Was this changed?

Sorry. Nothing else to report. I had to do a massive rebuild (but not, this time, because I was stupid, this time--hardware upgrade).

Well, I *thought* they were fixed... we will have to go back in and do some minor surgery again, I guess. We did not change the area descriptions, so if you have info, post away and Jastey and the team will get back in there and see what is going amiss!

OK, consider it posted:

Ajantis' dream reactions are still out of order. He comments about the stone statue when he should be commenting about Candlekeep.

I'm used to the Ajantis romance continuing through the Nashkell mines, whether above or below ground. The romance variable is active, but no LT.

Hanging in there to see what happens when we leave.

OOps. Ajantis romance did start. I guess I just burned through the initial part before he had a chance to start sweet-talking.

So, so far it's just the dream sequence. But Jastey already knows about that.

R

Just to make sure, which timer component did you use? I may have set them incorrectly for the first few; the "default" is one hour real (outside of game, on the watch or clock, RL, "honey, go take out the garbage and walk the dogs") time :)

I have it set on 45 minutes for that timer. I've found that if I play at a decent clip, we'll be just getting into Baldur's gate when the relationship goes to 2.

But it's the first dream and the third, or so. The dreams which are reversed: pc relates the dream of the stone statue when she should be talking about Candlekeep, and relates the dream of Candlekeep when it should be the stone statue.

Found a reversal in the Xan Frienship talks, too. When you first pick him up, he asks how many times you're going to go off and save the world, although this is shortly after you first meet him, and one of the pc responses is "I saved you from the Nashkell mines once, if you remember" which is funny, because you're still in the Nashkell mines when this dialog occurs.

Then later (as it happened, when we were in the temple in Nashkell, Xan says the Moonblade does not make him invincible, then asks if we're going to wait here for more of Mulahey's thugs to show up or if we're going to "quit these gruesome caves."

I'm not nit-picking. I love this mod. But you did ask to know about stuff like this.

Just as an FYI, I usually set the Xan timer faster, 30 minutes. There's a lot going on, Xan is compelling, but has issues. I tend to think that if the pc doesn't get the feeling that she is being swept off her feet, she might have too much time to think.

That, and Xan's romance is vaguely more erotic than Ajantis' (as are his flirts), so I like to get them in early.

Wow, this is weird.

No sweet talk from Ajantis for about the first 3 hours of playing with him in the party, then, one LT in the Nashkell mines, then a quick trip back to Nashkel.

Paused in the temple while I really did take out the garbage and walk to dogs, and when I got back, Xan fired 1 LT (his are regularly spaced), and Ajantis fired 3 in a row before we even got out the door of the temple. How strange.

Nitpicking is what we get paid the big bucks for! That's why we playtest, so you are right on target with that. The nit-pickier the better: it is understood at the outset that you love the mod, or you wouldn't be spending the time to help us figure out what the difficulties are :)

Summary, to see if I understand you correctly:

BG1NPC v12 alpha 7

1. Both Ajanis and Xan have Dream Talk responses switched around somehow.

a. Ajantis: pc relates the dream of the stone statue when she should be talking about Candlekeep, and relates the dream of Candlekeep when it should be the stone statue.

b. Xan Frienship talks: When you first pick him up, he asks how many times you're going to go off and save the world, and one of the pc responses is "I saved you from the Nashkell mines once, if you remember".

Then later (when we were in the temple in Nashkell), Xan says the Moonblade does not make him invincible, then asks if we're going to wait here for more of Mulahey's thugs to show up or if we're going to "quit these gruesome caves."

2. Ajantis's lovetalks must have some timer issues, because the initial talk (it is random, with a *minimum* interval to start set by timer) took extended time to fire, and then somehow triggered three "hung up" LT's in a row (instead of having the minimum interval between).

3. Ajantis did fire off a LT in Nashkell mines, so that "LT not firing in mines" error is not actually there.

Not a bug. It's a grammatical correction.

LT--

Xan: Congratulations, <CHARNAME>, we have lived through the night. Alas, a painless death in our sleep is something we could only hope for, if indeed we could choose. The reality is likely to drown us in sweat and blood all too soon, and in such a more gruesome manner.

1. And here I thought you would cheer up after seeing your homeland in your *revels*.

Unless he and PC are partaking of something rather stronger than a PG-13 rating would allow, PC probably meant to say "reverie."

Xan:

OK, Xan's grammar is fixed to the more-in-character lack of revelry locally; the firing of the other Xan talks looks like a glitch in the dialogue conditions.

The script says that Xan will immediately comment on the moonblade when seen, but has to occur in an area where lots of different NPCs comment/take actions, and it has the "no enemies present" condition. What is firing instead is the High Reputation talk, that happens immediately when you have a reputation greater than 17.

I fixed this by putting an extra condition { !AreaCheck("FW5404") } on Xan's Reputation talks, making sure it will not happen while you are still in the mines. I will send a message to Kulyok, but these two should be fixed. You must be playing my kind of Do-Gooder party to get this high a rep at nashkell Mines!

Ajantis:

pending :)

The formula for a high rep early in the game is to start with a LG pc, and do the subquests (you get reputation points for a lot of oddball things like Joia's ring and Firebead's book). Buying a point early on is always nice, too.

Archived