Beregost ticking me off

berelinde

Unfortunately, I can't answer the question. I was not having any problems in the game with the CRE. I had a problem viewing the CRE with NI, and discovered the erroneous allocations after I finally managed to get it open. I have no idea when the corruption crept in.

The fact that it was 2 slots, and neither was slot 5, *and* it did not crash the game, kind of leads me to believe that this was an unrelated problem. I would not have posted at all, except that the CRE was from a saved game, saved guess where.

Can you post the BALDUR.SAV, or at least the FW3300.ARE file decompressed within that archive?

If I had read this post half an hour ago, I would have been able to do just that. Unfortunately, I've been uninstalling and reinstalling Tutu very frequently recently during ongoing Gavin alpha testing. I haven't wanted to confuse myself with saved games of different versions, so I've been deleting them.

Oops.

Nope, or if they do, it's coincidental. This happens in Beregost with or without those mods. The fact that you never saw the Bere-ghost is more a long run of good luck, and now you're making up for lost time.

Beregost has a lot of actors. Possibly too many.

For that matter, it happens in BGT and plain BG1 also.

The problem is Garrick of course.

Suspicious variable: GLOBALgarrickspeak (block #6:Global(S:Name*,S:Area*,I:Value*)(15))

Incorrect variable: GLOBALgarrick (block #6:GlobalTimerExpired(S:Name*,S:Area*)(64))

;)

Actually, Ascension64's testing was pretty comprehensive - it seems to be happen even if you reduce the actors and doors to all but one (and it doesn't really matter which one). I complained to Bioware about it, but of course I neither expected nor received a response. It'll probably take a debuggerer (sp. intended) that can analyse Windows events to figure this one out.

The problem is Garrick of course.
Suspicious variable: GLOBALgarrickspeak (block #6:Global(S:Name*,S:Area*,I:Value*)(15))

Incorrect variable: GLOBALgarrick (block #6:GlobalTimerExpired(S:Name*,S:Area*)(64))

:D

Garrick always seems to get everyone in trouble, doesn't he? ;)

Bad news. I don't know if other people have had this, but my savegame didn't just get corrupted in Beregost, it went bad in High Hedge too! (Replacing the baldur.sav file from another working savegame fixed it though, although Melicamp was suddenly alive again, while I was pretty sure he died when I finished that quest)

Only to let all people know, which have a problem when loading a save game in or after Beregost (that could be happen in other areas too, because of visiting Beregost before):

Try at first the newest version of Ascension64 "Beregost Crash Fixer":

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=24121

It is a very useful tool and has helped in most of these cases.

Greetings Leomar

Only to let all people know, which have a problem when loading a save game in or after Beregost (that could be happen in other areas too, because of visiting Beregost before):

Try at first the newest version of Ascension64 "Beregost Crash Fixer":

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=24121

It is a very useful tool and has helped in most of these cases.

Greetings Leomar

Leomar try this also, I don't know WHY it worked, I don't anything about it, and the fix was loaded in for me, but NOT working. IT occured, a problem somewhere in the middle of the game.

BTW I have BWP 5.4. This was a fix I got from doing a goggle search when all else had failed, an old archieved post:

What seems to start this crashing happens for some reason with traveling between the temple there and Bergost. I would go to Bergost, then temple then try to go back to Bergost and crash.

What that poster suggested and what I did was, instead of going from Begost to the temple and back to Bergost II traveled to another area first. I choose High Hedge. I went from Bergost to Temple to High Hedge to Bergost instead of directly back to Bergost. From then on the Bergost crashes ceased. It is another thing to try, I'll try to re locate the link later, if was from 04' or 06' or something. I do remember the thread did mention the Bergost crash fix you cited and it had not been working for whoever the poster was for some reason. IF the fix doesn't work, one can at least try this, a small thing to try, not involving a lot.

In a hurry as usual but I did a quick search again and here is the topic on it, I THINK, I did a quick scan/read, but this, going via High Hedge did work.

http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/baldurs_gat...50/19884454/p1/

It the Beregost Crash Fixer isn't working, I'd appreciate it if you could zip up your saved game and upload it somewhere so that I can analyse it.

Haven't been by here in a long time sir, but if I can find a save of it, I surely will get it to you! It didn't work for me, that I remember, which is why I went looking for other things to try, and the High Hedge deal did work. Dunno WTH it is about Bergost in general, but have run into more buginess there than anywhere, and am always glad to be shed of the town.

Hey.

My game crashes whenever I try to travel to Beregost. I can save and load and have not

noticed crashes when trying to go anywhere else, but Beregost crashes on the loading area splash screen.

I have tried your crash fixer with no success, I get this message when i run it on my saves:

Processing FW3300.ARE... no errors found.

Reconstructing SAV file...

Scanning complete.

I uploaded the save if you want to have a look.

http://www.badongo.com/file/12098801

if you need anymore infomation just let me know.

Good luck :)

Archived