Kagain's Quest

Guest yuj

Except I never take Kagain into my party. I can however still get the bandit encounter and get the kid's... thing (wasn't festule or something with an f?). I know what I'm supposed to do with it by the item description. However, when I get to the Silvershield estate, I can't tell the guards why I'm there. Thier is no option for me to tell the guard that I have proof of the fate of the Silvershield's son. The bandit group is also hostile except the bandit leader and the bandit leader never turns hostile (At least I'm fairly certain on that last point.)

You can give the fibula to Silvershield's wife, Brilla (?), not the guards. The bandit issue was corrected for the next version.

I'm not trying to give the fibula to the guards. The guards atoumatically accost me asking why I'm there and I can't tell them the real reason, that I'm there because I have proof of the son's death and could you please show me to Entar or whoever. I have to lie/kill/sneak my way past. However I get past the guards, I go upstairs and give the thing to the wife completeing the quest. I would like however to be able to tell the guards why I'm there and have them point me to the stairs or go summon Brilla so I don't have to lie/kill/sneak my way past the guards. I see no reason why I can't tell the guards the real reason I'm there.

And the problem with the bandits was the bandit leader was already hostile but would never attack. Talk about bad recall. :suspect:

Got it... we have identified the problem with the guards (long standing procedure is to sneak in; we will take a look at changing the guard's options to accomodate the quest).

The next version will have a completely rebuilt version of this quest --mostly the same content, with tweaks like the one above, plus the option of having Kagain react if you have already gotten the Caravan Bandit encounter before meeting him, proper soundset and combat AI, and a move to Phase2 of the install so that other folks who want to modify Kagain's quest (or the fixed quest in EasyTutu) can do so and simply skip the install (or PM one of us and have us stop that portion of code from installing over conflicting code).

The changes listed here are currently in playtesting.

Guest Beryllia
Got it... we have identified the problem with the guards (long standing procedure is to sneak in; we will take a look at changing the guard's options to accomodate the quest).

The next version will have a completely rebuilt version of this quest --mostly the same content, with tweaks like the one above, plus the option of having Kagain react if you have already gotten the Caravan Bandit encounter before meeting him, proper soundset and combat AI, and a move to Phase2 of the install so that other folks who want to modify Kagain's quest (or the fixed quest in EasyTutu) can do so and simply skip the install (or PM one of us and have us stop that portion of code from installing over conflicting code).

The changes listed here are currently in playtesting.

I get the correct answer option for the guard, but Lady Brilla won't talk to me other than the "What are you doing here" thing. I haven't ever even spoken to Kagain, is that the problem?

So far there's no single additional quest that worked out for me, not Jaheira/Seniyad, not killing Tazok in the bandit camp with Kivan in my party (he stayed "Near Death" for over 15 real time minutes but wouldn't die) and now this. *sigh*

So far there's no single additional quest that worked out for me, not Jaheira/Seniyad

Strange that one's always worked out for me.

A basic underline of what you must do is first locate the Shadow Druids, then proceed to the next region. You should find about three or four (forgotten how many) shadow druids attacking, when you get near dialog should come in.

When you kill the druids, accept to help the fallen man (can't recall if you can also heal him) and then head back to the Shadow Druid hideout and go in. The rest is fairly straightfoward from there, the last thing you need to do is simply go back to Seniyad and collect your dues.

I'm not sure if sparing that merchant bloke through negotiation has any effect on this, anyone care to tell me if it does.

I've been running BG1NPC-v12Beta3 btw, so I'm unsure about other versions.

Hope this is of use.

PM me for the latest internal when you folks get a chance (it should be out pretty son, we are still tracking down some stuff on EasyTutu).

To let you know, Berillya, you are not crazy ;)

EasyTutu includes a number of fixes which are very important to a stable game. But BG1 NPC was built around Tutu v4. We have just discovered that there is a difference in the way Tazok's "not killable" status is set, so that in one pathway through the Bandit Camp he is actually unkillable, as in the original game, but not able to fire the dialogue where he says "ok, see ya!" and leaves the camp. The version I put up by 5pm today (CST/USA) will have that fixed.

In several versions, Jaheira's Quest runs into problems (mostly on BGT) where Jaheira leaves because of Reputation changes builkt into rthe quest. AIn trying to fix that, I made an error in scripting, so that the weights for states to fire were set wrong, and it is impossible to get the final talk with Seniyad.

Most frustratingly, we seem to have some undocumented difficulties with either UB or another mod which I am tracking today, where under some install orders Kagain's Quest does not finish (You don't need Kagain in the party, all you need is the item you picked up from the body.) In addition, folks keep installing both BGT-UB's Kagain Quest and BG1 NPC at the same time, which leads to all sorts of problems (on the Tutu side, the recommended install order of BG1 NPC and then UB means that UB will not install the conflicting components. I am working today to try to see if I can make the same behvior happen for the opposite install order too, but it may not be possible).

Ah, the joys of wrapup... the freedom to install different things in different orders makes it an interesting battle ;)

Guest Beryllia
PM me for the latest internal when you folks get a chance (it should be out pretty son, we are still tracking down some stuff on EasyTutu).

To let you know, Berillya, you are not crazy ;)

EasyTutu includes a number of fixes which are very important to a stable game. But BG1 NPC was built around Tutu v4. We have just discovered that there is a difference in the way Tazok's "not killable" status is set, so that in one pathway through the Bandit Camp he is actually unkillable, as in the original game, but not able to fire the dialogue where he says "ok, see ya!" and leaves the camp. The version I put up by 5pm today (CST/USA) will have that fixed.

In several versions, Jaheira's Quest runs into problems (mostly on BGT) where Jaheira leaves because of Reputation changes builkt into rthe quest. AIn trying to fix that, I made an error in scripting, so that the weights for states to fire were set wrong, and it is impossible to get the final talk with Seniyad.

Most frustratingly, we seem to have some undocumented difficulties with either UB or another mod which I am tracking today, where under some install orders Kagain's Quest does not finish (You don't need Kagain in the party, all you need is the item you picked up from the body.) In addition, folks keep installing both BGT-UB's Kagain Quest and BG1 NPC at the same time, which leads to all sorts of problems (on the Tutu side, the recommended install order of BG1 NPC and then UB means that UB will not install the conflicting components. I am working today to try to see if I can make the same behvior happen for the opposite install order too, but it may not be possible).

Ah, the joys of wrapup... the freedom to install different things in different orders makes it an interesting battle ;)

I installed the most recent version of EasyTutu - on the BG 4 in 1 - around two weeks ago, and only the NPC Project atop that. No UB, BGT or whatever experience on my part - though I might look into some mod that beefs up the opponents some time, they are starting to die quickly in "Insane" Difficulty Level. So no, I am not crazy, I'm insane! :D I suppose that bugfixing between all those mods and versions is yet another level. FYI, I have only picked up the fibula and tried taking it to Brilla in the aforementioned installation, and it doesn't work.

Oh well as long as I can kick Tazok's butt for good ole Kivan at the end of the game I'm ok. ??? I am looking forward to his mod in BG2!!! And yeah, you explained the Jaheira/Seniyad problem to me at SHS. I just walked around the hunting lodge now and didn't bother, even though that means I miss out meeting Aldeth's brother and getting his nice crossbow - I suppose Shadow Keeper could fix that. ???

@ Solar's Harper - that's what I did, but Seniyad gives me the dialogue part of when I just killed Aldeth. According to cmorgan, that's not due to me doing anything wrong - least I think so. ;)

But in spite of all these minor problems, I love playing BG1 with all the amenities of BG2, and I love the dialogs of the NPC Project. Especially Khalid bringing Jaheira flowers with the roots... ???

Just out of curiosity - does the NPC project cause a problem with handing in Arkions and Nemphre's jewelry to Ordulinian at the Sorcerous Sundries? I only get the "Peace, my friends. Suffer it gladly."-reply ever since I installed Tutu & the NPC Project... AFAIK I didn't do anything different than usually (talk to O.; complete Arkions quest, then Nemphre's by killing Arkion, then killing her and picking up the ring and amulet and bring both to O.)

Cheers,

Beryllia

Macready fixed that loophole in EasyTutu, so you only can complete one quest.

As for the latest version, I was talking about the latest version of The BG1 NPC Project, which is being tweaked right now, when you are ready for a new run, if v14 has not hit the boards PM me and I will set you up with a working version ;)

Archived