Adding extra spells

Fyorl

Negative Plane Protection 10' Radius and Chaotic Commands 10' Radius would all come in real useful. I've already made the spells by exporting the original spell using NI and then changing the spell ability's Target Type to 'Any point within range' and changing the Range to 15 (the same as Protection From Evil 10' Radius). I also made the spells higher level. But I have no idea how to get them to appear in the Cleric Spellbook. Can anyone help? Is it even possible or will I have to replace spells?

Thanks in advance

Negative Plane Protection 10' Radius and Chaotic Commands 10' Radius would all come in real useful. I've already made the spells by exporting the original spell using NI and then changing the spell ability's Target Type to 'Any point within range' and changing the Range to 15 (the same as Protection From Evil 10' Radius). I also made the spells higher level. But I have no idea how to get them to appear in the Cleric Spellbook. Can anyone help? Is it even possible or will I have to replace spells?

Thanks in advance

I've never actually done it before, but I think you just have to name the *.SPL file so that it conforms to the default standard and put them where the game can find them, like the override directory. A character may have to level up for the spells to be visible(:suspect:), and of course there is a limit to the number of spell icons that can show up on a given spell book page.

The Spells.2da file tells the game what to look for, I think. Some info here: http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/2da/2da_tob/spells.htm .

Honestly, I don't know the answer as I've never bothered doing it before. But hopefully this may get you on the right track.

Guest Guest

Just name the .spl file SPPR<spell level><random untaken number below 50> ... and they will magically show up. F.ex. SPPR224.SPL. (or at least, that's the way it works with the SPWIxyz wizard spells)

Perhaps not in ongoing savegames, though, until levelup or so. Can't remember off-hand how that works.

Area effects are not affected by the range.

The range is only the casting distance of the mage.

You will have to modify the projectile type (check existing '10 spells) to achieve area effect.

Modifying the target type to area isn't sufficient.

[edit]

Both previous posts were also useful in getting the spell in the spellbook/pickable spells list :suspect:

in IWD: Spells.2da lists the maximum numbers of spells available for a mage/cleric level.

Archived