Falling in Love with IWD2

Domi

One of the flexibilities of IWD2 is that it permits this as opposite to BG style, when the NPC is summoned at a certain level or KOTOR style, when the level is adjusted to PC. IWD2 is probably the most player-decide-oriented. While it is sad to lose "meet and join" scenarios, we have in all other games, well, the game helps to keep it plausible that you bring the whole party along, and it's different and the different should be exploited to the fullest :)

It can be done with the BG2 engine, and I briefly considered doing it. It involves some serious 4th wall breakage, which is why I decided not to. When the npc joins, you can have an option. "You are clearly an experienced adventurer. Join us please!" and then run a script that sets experience at pc xp plus a lot.

Hello everyone, I finished playing through IWD2 for the first time today and I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I was left thinking how much more engaging it would have been if there was at least some character interaction though - and then I found your IWD2 NPC Project here while I was lurking here at G3.

All in all I just thought I would finally take the time to register and post a message of support because I would love to play through IWD2 again with real characters at my side.

Thanks for taking this on!

It can be done with the BG2 engine, and I briefly considered doing it. It involves some serious 4th wall breakage, which is why I decided not to. When the npc joins, you can have an option. "You are clearly an experienced adventurer. Join us please!" and then run a script that sets experience at pc xp plus a lot.

You can always offer it as part of Tweaks, actually, by patching the Baldur.GAM. I know if I was one of the "play with Khalid and Jaheira to preserve the BG1-BG2 continuity" devotees, I'd grabbed it!

All in all I just thought I would finally take the time to register and post a message of support because I would love to play through IWD2 again with real characters at my side.

Thank you for doing it! It goes without saying that interest in the mod is a huge 'battle stimulant' for a modder. And I hope that the mod will meet expectations. :hm:

Well, I don't cheat anymore. I figured, since I can beat my dad and brother at every game we have, I don't need them anymore .

Cheats or family? I know, I know, a horrible joke! Cheats have their uses, but I guess yep, once one gets to a certain point of mastery of the game they are obsolete. :)

Cheats or family? I know, I know, a horrible joke! Cheats have their uses, but I guess yep, once one gets to a certain point of mastery of the game they are obsolete. :)

I know, they have their uses, such as a debug mode :hm:. I'll keep an eye on the Doing, Done, etc. topic to know when I can test. And yes, that was a really terrible joke, lol.

Archived