BG2 Tweak Pack v4 Released

CamDawg

G3 Tweaks, Tutu Tweaks, and Wes Weimer's Ease of Use mod have been combined into BG2 Tweaks--a single mod designed to work on Tutu, Baldur's Gate Trilogy, or regular Baldur's Gate II games (with or without the expansion Throne of Bhaal). Version 4 features some new components and installation options as well as bug fixes from the previous versions. The BG2 Tweak Pack is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. The BG2 Tweak Pack is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install.

Changelog from v3 to v4

• Fixed bug with Force All Dialogue To Pause component that was preventing the completion of the tavern challenges in Ust Natha
  • The v3 documentation for Add Bags of Holding indicated that Roger was getting a potion case, though it was actually going to Mrs. Cragmoon. After discussion in the forums, it was decided to give potion cases to both of them. The documentation for the BG stores was also incorrect.
  • Many bugfixes and enhancements to Multiple Strongholds, most notably a new second option to retain the class restrictions but allow multiple strongholds for dual-and multi-class characters. Fixed reported bugs with acquiring the Thieves Stronghold and Planar Sphere. Enhancements to the component include being able to decline the Playhouse, Ranger Cabin, and Druid Grove strongholds as well as being able to claim you are an agent of Talos (truthfully or not, as appropriate) to Borinall in the Dawn Ring quest.
  • Deprecated P&P Spell Progression Tables, Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression, and Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression components in favor of the new, more granular and individual components of Un-nerfed THAC0 Table, Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table, Alter Mage Spell Progression Table, Alter Bard Spell Progression Table, Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table, and Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables components (see main portion of readme for more details)
  • Fixed bug with Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability component. If a shopkeeper had a dialogue call to open a non-existent store, this component would fail because it would try to patch the store file. The patch will no longer try to patch files which do not exist.
  • Low Reputation Store Discount has been rolled into a broader component, Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices, and is available as one variant. Three new variants are introduced, allowing the player to remove the effect of reputation on stores entirely.
  • Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus) has been expanded and renamed Sellable Items (Icelus). Several more items ave been assigned prices, and stores which buy arrows are now altered to buy bolts as well--this will have little effect in BG2, but will make a big difference in Tutu, where no stores by default buy bolts.
  • The Romance Bug Fixes (Sabre, Richardson) component was not being suppressed for Tutu games, as they are unnecessary
  • Thanks to the hard work of the translators, all languages save Italian are now up to date.

Relevant links:

"All languages save italian are up to date" -- this bugs the heck out of me LOL I'd be more than glad to help you out with the italian translation of whatever mod (though it's not like I have that much free time). Feel free to contact me at this address: tempestadiossa (at) libero (dot) it

Guest Ethearia

After downloading this mod, the installation seemed to have gone smoothly. But when I enter the game, nothing seems to have changed, as if I had never installed anything at all! ;) I don't understand why....

I needed the mod mainly for the Happy Patch to stop Korgan and Edwin leaving the party with a Heoric reputation [ 20] but they're still leaving and I don't know what to do!! Somebody please help me ;)

The tweak works by adjusting the lookup table for happiness based on rep. I believe the table is only consulted when reputation changes--so if you're applying the tweak to a game where you already have 20 rep, it won't do anything until your rep changes. If you have a save from before your last rep bump, I think it'll work fine.

Archived