No idea what is wrong...

Minarvia

Gavin broke up with me. I had broken up with Ajantis and Xan. We got to town, he talked about his past. Then he said, "you have deceived me." I asked how, he said, "you presented yourself in a form I would find appealing, but it is a lie..." or something like that. Huh? I am a CG female elf, wisdom 12, charisma 17, and rep of 16. I have no clue as to what is wrong. :D

Anyone have any thoughts? Those are my original stats...I'm wearing nothing to increase wisdom or charisma.

And asking Gavin is no help whatever. :)

Edit - Also, if I ask him the "whatever do you mean" for option 1, he says, "you presented yourself as more wise in the ways of the world than you are..." line.

I really don't get it. I have never had this problem before with him!

The problem is that I'm an idiot. I forgot two little letters in two lines of code. Which means that I'm really in big trouble.

Those letters are GT.

This is the code I have:

///* Lying to Gavin */

IF

GlobalGT("B!GavinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)

Global("B!Liar","GLOBAL",0)

!Global("B!GavinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)

GlobalGT("B!GavinLovetalk","GLOBAL",24)

OR(7)

Gender(Player1,MALE)

!Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)

Kit(Player1,MAGESCHOOL_NECROMANCER)

Kit(Player1,ASSASIN)

Kit(Player1,BOUNTYHUNTER)

!CheckStat(Player1,9,WIS)

!CheckStat(Player1,11,CHR)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("B!Liar","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("B!GavinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)

SetGlobal("B!GavinNoReturn","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("B!GavinRomGavinEnded","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("B!GavinFriendship","GLOBAL",3)

StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)

END

This is what it should be:

///* Lying to Gavin */

IF

GlobalGT("B!GavinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)

Global("B!Liar","GLOBAL",0)

!Global("B!GavinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)

GlobalGT("B!GavinLovetalk","GLOBAL",24)

OR(7)

Gender(Player1,MALE)

!Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)

Kit(Player1,MAGESCHOOL_NECROMANCER)

Kit(Player1,ASSASIN)

Kit(Player1,BOUNTYHUNTER)

!CheckStatGT(Player1,9,WIS)

!CheckStatGT(Player1,11,CHR)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("B!Liar","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("B!GavinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)

SetGlobal("B!GavinNoReturn","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("B!GavinRomGavinEnded","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("B!GavinFriendship","GLOBAL",3)

StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)

END

I would like to kill myself now. I can fix this in about a minute, but it means reinstalling a mod, which I hate to make you or anyone else do.

But I have no choice, because this breaks the romance irreparably.

Gods, I am an idiot!

Give me about 10 minutes, and I'll post a link to download a fixed version. I really hate to ask CamDawg to upload a new version so quickly after the last one, but I really have no choice.

I am really, incredibly, terribly sorry for putting you through this. Don't do anything yet. The good news is that you will be able to use even a slightly earlier save and avert the breakup with a quick reinstallation. Just give me a minute to fix this.

The problem is that I'm an idiot. I forgot two little letters in two lines of code. Which means that I'm really in big trouble.

Those letters are GT.

I would like to kill myself now. I can fix this in about a minute, but it means reinstalling a mod, which I hate to make you or anyone else do.

But I have no choice, because this breaks the romance irreparably.

Gods, I am an idiot!

Give me about 10 minutes, and I'll post a link to download a fixed version. I really hate to ask CamDawg to upload a new version so quickly after the last one, but I really have no choice.

I am really, incredibly, terribly sorry for putting you through this. Don't do anything yet. The good news is that you will be able to use even a slightly earlier save and avert the breakup with a quick reinstallation. Just give me a minute to fix this.

Don't be so hard on yoursef! Don't worry! I'll wait. It's okay. I have a slightly earlier save so from my end no biggie. I'll have my hubby help me with reinstall and getting my old saves to transfer. I'm sure we can. If not, I'll get over it. Gavin is worth the trouble, believe me!

I'm glad you feel that way, but I am so ashamed! How could I have done that to you, or to anyone who has to reinstall the mod.

You shouldn't need your husband to install this. You should be able to just extract this into your game directory, *making sure that you let it overwrite what is already there* and install it just like you did the first time. Unfortunately, it will have to uninstall/reinstall everything else in the stack of your WeiDU log.

Fortunately, if you're running the friendship path, this won't affect you. But you're not running the friendship path.

I shouldn't just sell my computer now. I'm a menace.

But here's a link to the page. Everyone else is going to have the exact same problem, I'm afraid.

http://www.tolkienacrossthewater.com/GavinDL.html

I'm glad you feel that way, but I am so ashamed! How could I have done that to you, or to anyone who has to reinstall the mod.

You shouldn't need your husband to install this. You should be able to just extract this into your game directory, *making sure that you let it overwrite what is already there* and install it just like you did the first time. Unfortunately, it will have to uninstall/reinstall everything else in the stack of your WeiDU log.

Fortunately, if you're running the friendship path, this won't affect you. But you're not running the friendship path.

I shouldn't just sell my computer now. I'm a menace.

But here's a link to the page. Everyone else is going to have the exact same problem, I'm afraid.

http://www.tolkienacrossthewater.com/GavinDL.html

Thanks so very much! I was even able to go back to just prior...and now it is fine. He did not immediately break up with me as soon as he confessed his past. :)

And, no, you are not a menace! You are a hard-working human who is sharing a great guy with us!

(Sighs in pleasure) Now, back to Gavin-loving!

Glad it worked. And I'm even happier that the string refs will still line up.

But I'm still sorry to put you through it.

Don't be so hard on yourself, Berelinde!! :D

You've done a wonderful job in creating this great character, who feels so *alive* (and I think I speak for a lot of us here). You probably were working late (again? ;) ) when that mishap happened.

I'm fairly certain that no one will mind DL'ing the new version (I'm already done, took me five minutes :D ), because, well, like Minarvia put it, Gavin's worth it!

So, basically, I guess what I'm trying to say is that, well... this sort of thing happens! (I'm only guessing, though, ask other modders! :) ) So, don't you dare unplug that PC of yours, we're counting on you to bring us Gavin's BG2 part... ;):D

Modding makes you want to rip your hair out always often sometimes. It's for other people to enjoy the work.

Yeah, usually when I tell myself that, I don't believe it either. :)

Archived