Announcement Concerning The Skald NPC Mod for BG1

They say bad news usually comes in threes... With the course of recent events, I deeply regret to inform the G3 community that I have decided to abandon work on this mod. I have learned so much in the past year, and have a deep respect for the amount work that goes into these. But, there are some recent challenges that I just am not up to, or willing to meet. My heartfelt thanks goes out to those who have made contributions, both large and small, to this effort. Unfortunately, this was a neat idea, that just didn't pan out.

Eh... I thought you were just taking a break to rethink your story a bit. Though frankly, I don't know why that's even necessary when you can just run with what you have.

Maybe you can try a different tack, and just make him a non-joinable NPC who goes from inn to inn challenging people:

There is no other culture in all of Faerûn that boasts more drinking games than that of the Rauthymar, save perhaps that of the dwarves.
Can I use the sword and other stuff at least, if you're really going to abandon the whole thing?

Well, last time I decided to quit, I started IWD2NPC after a couple of months. Eiric was a very good idea, and the writing was really, really good. I mean you had to poll people to chose battle-cries instead of scrambling for 'just two more'. I hope you'll get back to doing it, really. Honestly, I think you like the idea too much to just give up. :)

This was a creative decision, more than anything else. I placed certain conditions at the beginning of this venture, as far as content. And since these wont be realized, I just don't have the heart to work on it. Some things just are not meant to be, I guess.

@Miloch: The items you created are yours to use as you wish. I really did appreciate the work you put into them. :)

That's a real pity to hear Eirik, your NPC sounded like a good, fun original idea. Maybe at some point in the future, someone will discover a way to get that content you wanted in the game and Branwen's Skald will live.

Archived