Please feed hungry forum!

Nythrun

Yeah, it has been a quiet day. Maybe it's because all the usual forum-goers have decided to try their hands at modding and are writing kick-ass NPC mods?

Ah, well. Wishful thinking, I guess.

Oi! Quiet there! Wee's all athinkun of the next Great Mod, where we gets to uze Jedi Mind Powers, UberKiller Wepuns, Draydic Glass +17 Armour uv Infinite Stealing and Gold Piece Regeneration, and some of thoze.. whatchacallit.. Oh yeah, MultiRomance MultiStronghold MultiNPCs what's can do our laundry, wash our dishes, kill trolls wifth one swipe, look HAWT!! HaWt! Leet Hawt! and runz great on our Xboxez and Intell Celery 220 MHZ pwn system wifth Integrated Gafix Board an Integrated Aud-yo, word!

/edit - it didn't work. The forum didn't eat my post. And I even gave it all the junk-food trappings I could think of.

No thanks, I gave them up for Lint.

Plus, I figured that hanging out with a cute NPC that is permanently unable to move from a certain radius away from her home shrubbery (half-dryads get Lilacs, or something, instead of Oaks, right?) might not have a future. Plus her ability to wield small trees would mean out first fight would leave me with apermanent job pushing up daisies.

I've decided to settle on a nice, comfortable half-Nymph instead. Or a Sirene. I hear they can really sing your heart out.

Yeah, it has been a quiet day. Maybe it's because all the usual forum-goers have decided to try their hands at modding and are writing kick-ass NPC mods?

Ah, well. Wishful thinking, I guess.

Three reasons:

1. Beautiful day here in central New York.

2. Work, work, work (the kind that pays the bills).

3. Fall asleep while attempting to finish a mod, with what little time remains in the day! Here's a couple excerpts of the re-write:

Eirik came to King Halffred, at Hammerstaad, in the third year of his reign. When King Raag was killed in the Battle of Darkwalker, the sons of Grunnarch, his cousin, ruled Norheim. Halffred, who was the oldest of the brothers, was over them, and respected. When Eirik heard of King Raag's death, he composed a song:

"The rumour of it came to me

In distant lands beyond the sea,

How Grunnarch's warriors unbrave

Did flee upon the ocean wave:

Did flee upon the blue wave north,

When Tristan from the south came forth,

With all the wolf host: but now

Our warriors weep -- Raag lies low!"

This song was spread widely throughout the land; and when King Halffred came to hear of it, he laid a charge against Eirik; but friends made up the quarrel, on the condition that Eirik should in future be Halffred's skald.

And,

It was near the summoning days, so Sigrik rode to Seawolf and summoned Branwen for this cause, that she was a ride-by-night and had brought about Gunlef's trouble. The case went to the Council, and Eirik, the son of Roar, took up the case for Sigrik his father's brother; but Magnus defended the case for Branwen, the daughter of his daughter: a jury of twelve would give a verdict on this. But neither of the two, not Eirik nor Magnus, was permitted to bear witness, because of their kinship to the accuser and the accused.

@Nythrun: maybe because it was, like 5.00 at where I live, and 2-3 am in Europe? :)

I think it's going to be rather noisy soon. Much as I am ashamed to admit it, we're going to watch Spiderman 3 today, and then there's Shrek 3, and Pirates, and mind you, I'll need all my self-control not to post "Harry Potter 7 - discuss" as soon as.

New York is beautiful around this time of year, yes. Cherries in bloom and all that rot. But squirrels are funnier in Kislovodsk, so there. :)

(Yeah, and I'm, like, thinking of making a smallish mod, too. How come that I can't stand collaboration, and yet each time I set out to make a mod, it's always with someone else? Sigh...)

New York is beautiful around this time of year, yes. Cherries in bloom and all that rot. But squirrels are funnier in Kislovodsk, so there. :)

I have a large Maple tree in the back yard; it's home for a few squirrel. Well, to my surprise, one springtime, a very young squirrel walked right up to my foot! It looked into my eyes, quite inquisitively; I guess mama never warned the little guy about people.

(Yeah, and I'm, like, thinking of making a smallish mod, too. How come that I can't stand collaboration, and yet each time I set out to make a mod, it's always with someone else? Sigh...)

(maybe instead of avoiding your anxieties, you face them; but I suspect you're just too kind, to say no.) :)

Squirrels... in the back yard?

... that's just about the best thing that can happen to a person, in my book.

(maybe instead of avoiding your anxieties, you face them; but I suspect you're just too kind, to say no.)

Oh, that's too nice of you. :) It was more like "Hey, I am Kulyok, and I want to code a mod for you!" - and the other person was too kind to say "yes", which was rather surprising.

Squirrels... in the back yard?

... that's just about the best thing that can happen to a person, in my book.

Ah, but can a squirrel sing a tune like the vireo? More musical twice over than much that goes by the name of singing. I woke up to the birds singing, last Saturday, for the first time and I knew winter's grasp had finally let go. :)

Archived