What race do you play when you romance Gavin?

berelinde

PC race  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course, that's when I'm not playing a monk that I SK'd to being an elf, and whose stats I beefed up with crtl+alt+8 (yes, I know, I should be ashamed of myself for cheating so unscrupulously ).

Heh. :) One of my favourite Xan fanfics, Hopelessly Ever After, has an elven monk protagonist, and I must say, I was corrupted - now I do play elven monks, too. Pity they don't have this "Pow!" animation and can't kick the way human monks do, though.

Somehow, though, I tried playing half-elves, dwarves, half-orcs, gnomes and halflings, and never got into it. Only one of my halflings got into ToB - a swashbuckler romancing Kelsey. I had to stop when she said she was pregnant, though - I was giggling *that* much.

(And I never played on anything harder than normal, never installed Tactics, played through Ascension and Sola battles only once, and am all the happier for it).

Good thing there are no half-orcs bothering Gavin. :) Seems he wouldn't mind, but you would, admit it! :D

Actually, I'm rather fond of half-orcs. It's a pity there aren't too many non-ugly portraits for them. Maybe one of these weekends, I'll have a portrait-fest and make some.

But, no, I don't play them as a rule, because Gavin's the only guy who will give them a chance. I kind of like it when the guys fight over the PC, and he can't very well fight with himself, can he? Who knows, though? If Aklon doesn't care much about race, maybe he and Gavin can squabble over a half-orc pc...

As for who I want to romance Gavin, I have no control over what the PC does with him once he's in the game. They could slap the girdle of femininity (have you ever noticed how difficult it is to stop spelling that word?) on him, dress him in a tutu and set him loose in the docks, for all I'd ever find out about it. :D

As for who I want to romance Gavin, I have no control over what the PC does with him once he's in the game. They could slap the girdle of femininity (have you ever noticed how difficult it is to stop spelling that word?) on him, dress him in a tutu and set him loose in the docks, for all I'd ever find out about it. :D

Egad, I had a terrible fit of giggles when I read that. :D

Heh. :) One of my favourite Xan fanfics, Hopelessly Ever After, has an elven monk protagonist, and I must say, I was corrupted - now I do play elven monks, too. Pity they don't have this "Pow!" animation and can't kick the way human monks do, though.

Actually, I had created a female human monk, exported her, SK'ed her to elf, but she still had the paperdoll (or avatar, I don't know what you want to call it) of a human monk, and she still had the "kick-the-goblin's-head-off" animation... :(

(And I never played on anything harder than normal, never installed Tactics, played through Ascension and Sola battles only once, and am all the happier for it).

Well, that's a relief!! I suddenly feel a lot less guilty for using crtl+Y, crtl+8 and ctrl+R quite often, now that I'm hearing from you, ladies! I must say that I'm kinda like Berelinde, I have a tendency to play for the role-playing, for the story (which I must know absolutely by heart by now), for the banters, for the characters, and for the plain fun of it. I'm not playing to get a headache because one of the Five just doesn't want to die! (Which is the only reproach I could make regarding Ascension, the final battle at the end of ToB in the Throne of Bhaal plane was just too hard for little old me... ;) ).

But, no, I don't play them as a rule, because Gavin's the only guy who will give them a chance. I kind of like it when the guys fight over the PC, and he can't very well fight with himself, can he? Who knows, though? If Aklon doesn't care much about race, maybe he and Gavin can squabble over a half-orc pc...

I think something like that can be arranged. Aklon does romance half-orc ladies, so long as they meet his stat requirements. I need to take a run through with Gavin to see his personality, and see if any conflict would be a shouting match, or an extremely civil war. :)

That would be so cool! Romance conflicts are a lot of fun for the player, and it might be a good opportunity to encourage players to try some of the less popular races.

But I'm just barely starting to write BG2 Gavin, and you're a lot further along with Aklon, so it can wait a while.

Aklon isn't the kind of guy who'd back down from a fight, but I don't see him picking them. Gavin's much the same way. Most of the time. So it might be up to the player whether she'd encourage the men to discuss it rationally or whether she'd encourage them to fight over her in the literal sense.

But we'd better both get familiar with each others' NPCs before considering what kind of cross-mod would be the most fun to write and the most fun to play. :)

Guest Guest

This is so good to hear! I LOVE romance conflicts and was afraid that the current trend of "I think it's immature so MY romanceable NPC won't have ANY conflicts" is kind of...dull. I also play for the romance, story, and RPG. I'm not a great tactical player. And I'm glad Gavin is coming along for BG2. I love his BG1 and can't wait for SOA!

Guest Mtokage

"Guests cannot vote "

*Sigh*

It's not that more people tend to play elves and elf-like. It's just that we half-orcs are too damn lazy to make ourselves a G3 account.

I vote for half-orcs, the most lovable and unappreciated race on this forum

(cheers to all the registered elves :) )

It's not that more people tend to play elves and elf-like. It's just that we half-orcs are too damn lazy to make ourselves a G3 account.

:):D :D Full marks.

(And, yeah, it seems like Gavin is doomed to some serious elf-lovin').

But I'm just barely starting to write BG2 Gavin, and you're a lot further along with Aklon, so it can wait a while.

Aklon isn't the kind of guy who'd back down from a fight, but I don't see him picking them. Gavin's much the same way. Most of the time. So it might be up to the player whether she'd encourage the men to discuss it rationally or whether she'd encourage them to fight over her in the literal sense.

This is true, a conflict between Gavin and Aklon would probably start fairly subtly (maybe less so if Gavin starts a little more attached to CHARNAME and resents Aklon moving in?), but it could easily be fanned by the player's actions, even unconscious types of actions.

But we'd better both get familiar with each others' NPCs before considering what kind of cross-mod would be the most fun to write and the most fun to play. :)

Indeed. Fortunately, I can play through the BG1 experience without spoiling myself too badly for his BG2 incarnation. :D

Thanks for getting around to it.

I asked this mostly out of curiosity, since I am going to write special racial talks for all of them anyway. I just wondered who is actually going to see them.

Archived