BG2 Tweaks v5, Beta 1

CamDawg

OK, so I think we're at a beta point, mainly because I need some testing and usability feedback. First, the download links:

The big thing I'd like feedback about is the new format for the Romance Cheats, specifically the installation process. Does it make sense, are the messages clear, etc., etc. Other than that, just the usual 'you broke X' feedback. :)

Changelog v4 to v5 Beta 1:

• Added new grouping for components, Cam's House Rules, which is a collection of Tweaks preferred by CamDawg
  • Four new components were added: Use BG Walking Speeds (BETA), Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters, Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e), and Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)
  • Weapon Animation Tweaks now adjusts one-handed blunt weapons such as clubs
  • The Gems and Potions Require Identification component now requires items to be identified before being able to use them
  • In Shapeshifter Rebalancing, the paws created were only usable by TN characters, though there are now a variety of mods which allow non-TN druids. The paws will now automatically detect allowed shapeshifter alignments at install and adjust the paws accordingly.
  • Fixed bug with Two-Handed Bastard Swords in Tutu; normal bastard swords should be breakable due to the iron crisis but the changes to the items were preventing breakage
  • Made under the hood changes to the Weapon Styles for All component so that it'll play nicer with other mods (thanks bigg)
  • Updated Refinements compatibility code for the Expanded Dual-Class Options component (thanks bigg)
  • Removed the option in Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table to allow THAC0 to progress to -10. There was a heretofore unknown hardcoded feature which caused THAC0 to wrap around to high values instead.
  • Invisible Cloak of Mirroring / Spell Trap component expanded to include the physical mirror visual effect and renamed Invisible Cloak of Mirroring / Spell Trap and Physical Mirror
  • Romance Cheats was completely revamped to provide greater flexibility to player. The previous four variants have been superseded by a five-question format with a resultant 24 unique variants.
  • Some components were not being auto-skipped for Tutu games, though they would not affect Tutu games

I looked through the readme, but didn't see anywhere what components are included in Cam's House Rules. I did like the name for it, though.

The wording for the romance cheats seems clear enough to me, but I'm unclear as to whether "New Romances for ToB" requires the multi-romance cheat. I really like the flexibility this allows.

I plan to DL and install it as soon as possible, or whenever I get to play for a few hours, whichever comes first.

I looked through the readme, but didn't see anywhere what components are included in Cam's House Rules. I did like the name for it, though.

Heh. I probably won't bother, as I had coded it more or less as a lark after the whole consolidation discussion. Someone (bigg?) suggested putting together a package of stuff I like as one component. :)

The wording for the romance cheats seems clear enough to me, but I'm unclear as to whether "New Romances for ToB" requires the multi-romance cheat. I really like the flexibility this allows.

Is it the ordering, wording, or something else that's causing confusion? We could change the phrasing or move the question up in the order if it'll help.

I am planning a testing session this Thursday, agter doing some testing for the bigg - I can promise you a good install/uninstall test, then relatively quick feedback on in-game operation on both EasyTutu and ToB within a week or two (I really want to try a full arc run.)

I like the idea of a CamDawg Special; I think that, a SimDing0 install, and a "the bigg House" install would be fun things. Kulyok started a PPG WeiDU.log post which is a fun read, to see what people are installing and in what order.

Who's Marco Ivezic? I thought it was me who translated the mod into italian :)

Whoops, sorry--I haven't updated the Italian translation quite yet (I will before the full v5 release). Marco did the original Ease-of-Use Italian translation.

Does it require multi-romances? It might, since all of them would start at 2, and without multi-romancing installed, the first one to be set would probably kill the others.

It does not require multi-romance. I think, perhaps, a flirt-pack approach may be better here where you can designate whether you want an active romance when you summon characters via the Fate Spirit--because you're right, without multi-romance the first active (i.e. the first one summoned) will kill the others.

I like the idea of a CamDawg Special; I think that, a SimDing0 install, and a "the bigg House" install would be fun things. Kulyok started a PPG WeiDU.log post which is a fun read, to see what people are installing and in what order.

In fact, one of the (many) ideas I have for WeiDB is to have predefined mod selections available to the user: "The Bigg House furniture", "Even SimDing0 can't find anything bad in these mods", "BG2 Big Mods Compilation: bigger than your ass after you exit a McDonalds", "BG/BG2/IWD Big Mods: Super Size Me!" (A.K.A. BG2 Big Mods + BGT + BGT Big Mods + IWD NeJ), "CamDawg's done this first in a released mod", "CMorgan can have a Tutu without being a dancer", "I can't believe Compton contributed to all of these NPCs" etc.

Does it require multi-romances? It might, since all of them would start at 2, and without multi-romancing installed, the first one to be set would probably kill the others.

It does not require multi-romance. I think, perhaps, a flirt-pack approach may be better here where you can designate whether you want an active romance when you summon characters via the Fate Spirit--because you're right, without multi-romance the first active (i.e. the first one summoned) will kill the others.

Good thinking! That way it would work just fine with or without multi-romances, should you chose to do it that way.

Archived