Mod incompatable

Guest Liriodendron

Guest Liriodendron

I've noticed that if I have RE installed as well as the Edwin romance, the RE will overwrite the romance mod and automatically set his romanceactive to 3. If you want to have both, I found it works well enough to install RE simply without the Edwin component...just a heads up, in case any one else was having problems with it.

You must have said something wrong, I'm afraid. Looking at the code, I don't see anything that would affect the Edwin romance in any way.

In fact, I think the writer usually plays the Edwin romance herself, so it's likely it was already tested with the romance in place.

Romantic Encounters does not overwrite. It appends a few dialogues to Edwin's dialogue file, and triggers to these dialogues in Edwin script file.

EdwinRomanceActive variable remains untouched, as well - we(I, that is, in this case) never set it to anything. All variables we operate with have RE prefix. Technically you can install these two mods together, just like you would install Edwin Romance with Banter Packs. To sum it up, yes, these two mods are compatible.

Story-wise, romancing Edwin and having a one-night stand with Edwin does not work as well, I quite agree. This bit is for the player to decide.

For me I think it is the fact that I have so many mods installed but RE does not shut off my romance with Edwin. All that happens to me is that after the "affair" happens the romance dialogs stop. I then use CLUA to force the next talk and then they come after that normally. Did you check your flirt menu Liliodendron to see if the romance was still really active or not? If it is just type in CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("EdwinRomance","GLOBAL",1) for the next love talk.

{Who on Earth packs .bcs files into their mods and WHY? It adds a whooping 20kb to the folder, it's difficult to edit, it's difficult to view when you're looking for bugs, it's plain inconvenient. People, don't do this.}

COPY ~edwin/bcs/copy~		~override~

(EdwinD.BCS included)

People, don't do this, either.

Which means, yes, you've done a right thing by installing RE after Edwin.

And, yes, I've just re-checked, and they work side-by-side just fine, though it might not be the most logical sequence from the story point.

Edwin's romance is very complicated. It involves being there when Maevar is dead, it involves going to the graveyard in a certain point of time, it involves a gender change, a quest and several spawns - don't mess with it, don't use the console, ask the romance's author.

I'll go over to Edwin Romance and ask them to use patching.

Guest Liriodendron

No, I'd only just gotten him in the party and then went to kill Mae'var to start the romance, but instead of the "become an ex-thief" commentary he didn't say anything for a while...and then started the RE dialogue. I've played his mod several times so I'm fairly familiar with it. I opened shadowkeeper to check his variables and that was when I saw it was set to 3 on his romance. Can't have said anything wrong if I didn't get a chance to say anything ???

Edwin has some very unusual checks in his romance: for example, he changes his own romanceactive variable to 3 without warning, if you romance Fade(Chloe/Imoen/Kelsey/Tsujatha, too, naturally), or have had only four or so talks with Solaufein.

I played RE through for the first time and romanced Edwin. The

romance worked perfect for me. No console cheats or any other.

The second time however, I had to romance Amonen so I could see

what he said everytime he whined about my PC having some fun ???

Archived