Stardust

Kulyok

I thought it was good, too, if clichéd. Then again, it is a fairy tale, and just about every fairy tale follows the same general principles. I really enjoyed the actors, though, and the overall "feel" of the movie. It's a shame that it was released at the same time as the more low-brow Rush Hour 3, and, unfortunately, in the US low-brow usually win at the box office. ;)

It was another guy who did the screenplay, but I suspect they hadn't butchered it completely. I deliberately didn't read the book, as not to become disappointed.

*spoilers*

I liked the story, despite its simplicity - I suspect if I was about twelve, I'd love it. I missed bravery, though. Neither the boy's father remained behind the Wall to help the chained princess, nor the boy stepped forward while the witches battled the last prince.

overall, i thought it was very good, especially for a fantasy movie, which are often rather cheaply made. i agree with Kulyok in that the plot was rather simple, and the movie did drag on a bit, but the acting was very good. my favorite character was the septimus guy. ;)

Heh, I loved Mirrormask as well ;)

But yes, I really enjoyed Stardust. There were a few changes in the movie from the book, but nothing that detracted it too much.

However, if one goes, they should expect it to feel cliched. It is a fairy tale after all, and directed at younger audiences as well...

I've heard nothing but good things about the movie. But unfortunately, no theaters around where I live are playing it at all. Which is strange, because I remember seeing posters for it at a theater when I went to see Harry Potter over the summer. False advertisement much? Or just cruelty on their part to see people here suffer? XD

It's out here, they just don't have it in any of the theaters around where I live. XD Seriously, my friend was bugging me to go see it a couple weeks ago, and she lives in the next state over. I checked the movie theaters online even, and they said it should be out, but it's not in any of the theaters. ~shrug~ I figure I'll wait until it comes out on dvd or something.

Archived