LeaveAreaLUAEntry

Avenger

I think this action isn't correctly described in IESDP.

The action simply replaces the point parameter with values taken from entries.2da

The walk up to trigger point effect is not caused by this action, it is a bit in the info point itself. Some infopoints are flagged so, that clicking on them forces the actor to walk up to a point.

The only difference between LeaveAreaLUA and LeaveAreaLUAEntry is that the former takes the destination point from the script code (point parameter), while the latter looks up entries.2da for the very same point. (The point parameter in the action is unused).

IIRC, the game does something to make the characters appear in formation at the destination point (since you only really specify a single entry point for all the characters). It's almost like they're handling it as an actual entry point, and you get different results if you use LeaveAreaLUA() with the same coords for each PC (where they all just appear as close to the destination point as they can get), so there is some difference beyond "this just does 2DA lookup."

But yeah, it's just a table of 8 (IIRC, but I don't really remember) points per area. I wonder if you can add more entry points (columns)?

Why doesn't the IESDP tell me what the hell "LUA" stands for, huh? "LoadUnotherArea" is all I could come up with. :) Maybe "LoadUnload"?

Yeah, but it seems too simple an explanation that they stuck it in there because it does lua funk (there's not a single other action or trigger that tries to claim "I'm using lua!"). I just have a hard time believing that they would have called it out like that rather than using LeaveArea().

Why doesn't the IESDP tell me what the hell "LUA" stands for, huh? "LoadUnotherArea" is all I could come up with. :) Maybe "LoadUnload"?

"In computing, the Lua (pronounced LOO-ah, or /'lua/ in IPA) programming language is a lightweight, reflective, imperative and procedural language, designed as a scripting language with extensible semantics as a primary goal. The name is derived from the Portuguese word for moon."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_programming_language

http://www.lua.org/

-Echon

Archived