Impending changes for V1

Nythrun

• Fixed Imoen not always receiving her sorcerer spells.
  • Some paucity of spells will be memorized before joining.
  • PRETTY_PRINT_2DA removed.
  • Illegal mage kit multiclasses no longer penalized with their weapon proficiency assignment. Again.
  • Yes/No prompt for retaining Minsc rage.
  • Added code to fix hdragsil.cre if broken. Won't be making a habit of this
  • Quickslot/Inventory prompt for expatriating [sic?] Boo.
  • Omission of unselectable kits recoded to avoid issues with new versions of Refinements et alis.
  • XP adjuster slightly recoded.
  • Optional Boo annihilation added for your cruel pleasure.
  • Added a single use, self-removing hotkey script to rest an NPC after join into the XP adjustment component.
  • Weapon proficiency changes now tamper with mod added kits also.
  • Added option to abort component install in case of accidental [A] selection.
  • Redundant Fighter/Druid armor restriction skipped if Druid Remix is installed
  • BGT users might now be able to install components (for BGII versions of the NPC only) even if the SCS Level Zero analogue is already installed. It might work.

More TBD; check back infrequently 'cause I move slowly

It'll take a few days to test this rot and make sure I've not broken anything, and I need to spend some time burbling over the XP adjuster, so now's a good time for requests (modest requests) :)

/edit 14Nov

I still have to check that the above alterations actually function, and I'm back to work tomorrow, so a few days yet for suggestions/castigations/praise.

/edit 8Dec

Aside from a bit more paranoiac debugging, it's ready to go.

Nobody's rushing you, are they? If so, let me know, I'll take them out back, to have a little "talk".

There are a few options requested, I'll use this post for listing them.

(If you want to delay their release to a later time, okay.)

-- Do we have an option to place Boo in or out of quickslot? This was in Blucher's version.

There's another mod, I think SCS (or is it BG1UB?), which has implemented this component. We could invoke respectful plagiarism, yes?

-- Modifying Minsc still maintains his default Enrage, yellow-circle ability. I recommend we allow the option to (a) completely scrap it, replacing it with whatever the new kit provides, or (b) keep it, allowing an overlap of kit abilities.

A few points I'd been considering:

How's the spell assignation? You may have noticed when changing NPCs to mages that the highest level pre-ToB incarnations get a ToB amount of spells known - I'd not wanted to stiff triple classes in ToB games, and the XP threshold for a ToB triple class substancially overlaps with that of a SoA single class mage. I'm guessing from lack of negative feedback that this is okay?

Move Boo needs to come with the usual warnings that Minsc receiving an item via dialogue can knock Boo to the ground - be careful with this, it's not fixable.

I'd gotten a request to restore monks' unarmed APR with weapons as a tweak (this was removed in some ToB patch). Does anyone want that in the optional-but-labyrinthian Mess With Proficiencies component? Is anyone even using that?

How's the spell assignation? You may have noticed when changing NPCs to mages that the highest level pre-ToB incarnations get a ToB amount of spells known - I'd not wanted to stiff triple classes in ToB games, and the XP threshold for a ToB triple class substancially overlaps with that of a SoA single class mage. I'm guessing from lack of negative feedback that this is okay?
I've been wanting to discuss this for some time, deciding spell assignments.

Suggestion: leave as-is for now. Perhaps discuss in another thread?

Move Boo needs to come with the usual warnings that Minsc receiving an item via dialogue can knock Boo to the ground - be careful with this, it's not fixable.
I thought Boo-in-the-pack was locked down similar to familiars; do they get knocked due to same thing?

In ReadMe, should note that this component should not be used with those mods that touch Boo. (NeJ?)

Not recommending for now, but got a poke to remove Boo all-together, and let dialogue references point to a, well, reference of Boo, not a real one.

I'd gotten a request to restore monks' unarmed APR with weapons as a tweak (this was removed in some ToB patch). Does anyone want that in the optional-but-labyrinthian Mess With Proficiencies component? Is anyone even using that?
Something for version 2?
I've been wanting to discuss this for some time, deciding spell assignments.

Suggestion: leave as-is for now. Perhaps discuss in another thread?

Sure. Whenever you've gotten your suggestions codified, write 'em up :)

I thought Boo-in-the-pack was locked down similar to familiars; do they get knocked due to same thing?

In ReadMe, should note that this component should not be used with those mods that touch Boo. (NeJ?)

Yes, it can happen to familiars too; the undroppable flag is not checked during inventory overflow. If anyone can suggest a distinctive file (or a .tp2 name, or some such) for NeJ, I'll block the option (and bite my tongue).

Not recommending for now, but got a poke to remove Boo all-together, and let dialogue references point to a, well, reference of Boo, not a real one.
Two minutes to code and ten to test, I'll toss it on the pile. The XP adjuster is still a few days off, so no delays necessary.

Something for version 2?
It's already coded, I just don't want this getting too annoying to install, that's BG2 Tweaks's department :) *

* Sorry. I tease because I care.

Umm, this was actually a bug

Yeah, its existence in a patch tends to corroborate that the devs thought so, though not everything in those patch notes was ever included :)

I am however grateful for the opportunity to reread this epitome of lucidity:

Fixed Multiplayer - Running back and forth, being chased by a monster in an area – monster changed to Biff the understudy.

Sooooo...about that feedback :) ?

I just remembered something Berelinde had pointed out a while back: in BGT installs, installation of SCSs components setting an NPC to level zero also prevents this mod from modifing the BG2 versions of the affected NPC. I'll see if I can't squeeze in something here to resolve that.

How's the spell assignation?
Oh, I'm sure it's fine. Paucity = 1-2 spells, right? These are level 1 NPCs after all... you're not assigning all memorisations once they level up, are you?
Does anyone want... the optional-but-labyrinthian Mess With Proficiencies component? Is anyone even using that?
Well, who wouldn't want to use the optional-but-labyrinthian Mess With Proficiencies component to override the mandatory-yet-boneheaded Tutu (and perhaps the slightly-less-boneheaded but no less desirably Messed With BGT) assignments?
Boomover
Minsc rage more as brain damage
Does this include animations where the rodent or his owner get chunked in unpleasant ways? Perhaps transitioning Minsc from a ranger to a berserker involves some profane sacrifice of a filthy rodent? Just thinking of potential marketing angles, as always (not like we need any... the "Boo annihilator" alone got me...).
Paucity = 1-2 spells, right?
Right.

Does this include animations where the rodent or his owner get chunked in unpleasant ways?
You're heartless to suggest such a thing. Never change. Sadly though, party members will have to be chunked the old-fashioned way until the release of Happy'Ass NPC.

I thought (wrongly?) that spell assignation also included the headache of destroying/recreating the NPC's spellbook (yeah, only the Level 1 page), trying to guess what it should look like based on the given kit. If not, if it's just a question of which 1 or 2 spells to assign at Level-Zero, then there's no really problem.

Yes-No?

Archived