Dryad Spell casting

Guest anonymous

Guest anonymous

Even after I installed the fixpack the Dryads seem to have a male voice whenever they cast their spells. I used Jahiera's "Call Woodland Beings" spell just to let you guys know.

The idea of nymphs and dryads hiding "extra equipment" under those skimpy dresses is more of a bug in my mind.

Why not stick a ChangeAIType to make her female before casting any spell and another one right after to make her gender "summoned" again?

So what happens when we ChangeGender() and she casts Call Lightning and gets hit with death spell before she can get the lightning off?
I give up, what happens? Besides her dying as a female and you being able to summon another one. Wouldn't you be able to do that anyway?

I have no idea how the summoning cap works, and AFAIK, BG1 has no "summoned" gender. So I implemented a BG1-version of Call Woodland Beings with a female nymph, and thus didn't run into this issue.

So what happens when we ChangeGender() and she casts Call Lightning and gets hit with death spell before she can get the lightning off?
I give up, what happens? Besides her dying as a female and you being able to summon another one. Wouldn't you be able to do that anyway?

I have no idea how the summoning cap works, and AFAIK, BG1 has no "summoned" gender. So I implemented a BG1-version of Call Woodland Beings with a female nymph, and thus didn't run into this issue.

I think the problem is that she doesn't die, because Death Spell auto-kills only summons. I suppose you could include auto-kill of summoned nymphs explicitly in the death spell...

Dryads, ha! First time my Silmulacra did It, I nearly jumped out of my chair.

I propose a "BG2 for girls!" tweak, which will assign female casting voices to all genders(Neither, Summoned, etc) except Male.

Hah! Is far more complicated than that! There's a secret plot behind all this, I bet it!

Did you know that female <CARNAME>s have Sex set on Male (1) (and Gender on FEMALE - 2)?

It's a conspiracy!

I suppose you could include auto-kill of summoned nymphs explicitly in the death spell...
If that's the only objection, I don't see why not. Though devSin (or someone else) will probably manage to contrive another objection (:p).

Archived