[in progress] Ajantis Romance for vanilla BG1+TotSC

jastey

Using some work-arounds and some recoding, I managed to build a running install from the Ajantis BG1NPC Project romance content for vanilla BG1+TotSC.

Not yet implemented are two morning dialogues and the PIDs.

Night (rest) dialogues are solved differently; two became unconditioned LTs with some changed dialogue lines accordingly. One will trigger in a tavern and will end in a forced rest, but the player can say "no, we are not going to rest now" and the dialogue will be postponed.

Other than that, there is area type detection running, so no dialogue conditions like OUTDOOR etc. had to be ignored. :)

EDIT: PIDs are integrated, too.

The first install is running, alphtesting will start.

To do:

-checking for vanilla BG1 without TotSC install

-integrating of two morning talks

-alphatesting

(Edited for typo.)

I know you probably know both of these, but just in case:

PID's are possible IWD-style: if you want OR(7), you make seven replies. For example

+ ~OR(2) Class(Player1,PALADIN) Class(Player1,Cleric)~ + ~I am a holy warrior.~ + holywarrior

to

+ ~Class(Player1,PALADIN)~ + ~I am a holy warrior.~ + holywarrior

+ ~Class(Player1,CLERIC)~ + ~I am a holy warrior.~ + holywarrior

And as for triggering PID, again, IWD NPC style+Kelsey technology+Cam's statecheck: select an NPC and press K. I add the following to the NPC's script:

// Player-initiated dialogue

IF

InParty(Myself)

HotKey(K)

Detect(Player1)

!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)

END

Yes, that's what I thought would be a possible workaround (I know about how to avoid OR and instead provide the multiple reply options). I just had a look at the PID and it seems after the recode I already did for v14, a lot of "OR" were already avoided.

Hm, looks doable actually...

Yes, it certainly seems so. But seeing how you said at aerie.ru that Ajantis preparing contraceptives was a really bad mischaracterization, and how you don't enjoy BG1 NPC in general, I wonder if you enjoy playing it in the long run.

This mod will be for the original BG1+TotSC. The romance is the same as in BG1NPC project, with slight adaption to the BG1 engine restrictions.

(And Ajantis preparing contraceptives seems to be a subect worth for an own discussion thread, I have the impression. :) )

Yes, it certainly seems so. But seeing how you said at aerie.ru that Ajantis preparing contraceptives was a really bad mischaracterization, and how you don't enjoy BG1 NPC in general, I wonder if you enjoy playing it in the long run.

Where I'm saying I will play? I only ask to confirm...

What is to be preferred in BG1 for resting in an inn after a dialogue: No resting video (as common in BG1 for resting in an inn) or the "camping" resting video, which shows the romantic outside-star and fire camp scene?

I don't think converting and implementing the 2MB "Inn"-Resting video from BGII is really worth the effort.

Mmm... how can I answer without spoiling anything? Okay, in IWD NPC we're entering some quarters with a bed, and there's a dialogue where one of the characters proposes rest. When they do rest, no movie is played, just a fade to black/fade from black in the end.

I don't think converting and implementing the 2MB "Inn"-Resting video from BGII is really worth the effort.

You are right I guess

But I'm not sure I'll be returning to plain BG after Tutu, so.

Well, after BGT I returned to original BG1 and understood that BG2-engine kill this great game. Due to this I can only hail your mod, jastea

Kulyok: Sounds like what I will do for BG1. On two occasions upon entering an inn, Ajantis asks whether they will rest here. If the PC answers yes, the rest dialogue with a force rest will follow. If she sais no, the dialogue will be postponed for another day, until the next tavern will be entered. I am thinking about leaving the movie out, then. I was too used to seeing the BGII RESTINN movie, it seems..

Senka: Thank you, although I understood you are not entirely happy with my Ajantis characterisation, I am happy to hear about players still playing BG1.

(Edited for typo.)

Archived