Who else is currently waiting on a book?

Domi

I have been dying to get my hands on the final book in the Warcraft: War of the Ancients trilogy. The Sundering covers what happens to Illidan after he betrays the Night Elves. I just love Warcraft! However, fate has worked against me and I just can't seem to get my hands on it. I go to the bookstore to pick it up, and they're sold out. I decide to go again the following week, and then Hurricane Katrina takes the only decent bookstore in town. It's been a desperate search since. Bah.

That the Wheel of Time series right? I think I read book 5 of that a few years ago...I thought it was a bit windy. What's the whole thing like?

I just finished The Stand and purchased today:

Song of Susannah (Stephen Kings Gunslinger series)

The Dark Tower (same)

Going Postal (Pratchett)

The Runes of the Earth (Stephen Donaldson).

I think I'll wait for the paperback of A Feast for Crows, I'm one of those people who likes all their books in a series to be the same size on the shelf...anyone else like that?

Yes, Jordan's latest (groans). It has the feel of that soap opera you shamefacedly watch just because you need to know if that g irl married that guy. But my excuse for reading it is that I hope that someone is going to shave Nynaeve, that Moraine will return and get Lan, and that Rand will finally die. Small hope of all three, but heh, one can dream.

Nope, my library is a mismatch, I had been through a traumatic experience of selling out our huge personal library once in my tender formative years, dragging books by kilos to the used book store, so if I buy book it must be a very special book. :)

Well, I just got my hands on the latest of Raymond E. Feist. ;) ;) ;) And finished it within a day... :):D

So now I’m waiting for the next Wheel of Time, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (the Dutch version) and book 9 of Terry Goodkind. :D

I did, and it is - for me, because I very much anticipated Brienne's POV. Basically, if you did like Brienne and Jamie, and had a soft spot for Arya, you are going to like it. Some of the POVs were not exactly worth (imo) cutting the book into two (the Iron Islands, Sansa and Cersei). Dornish POVs altered from great to very weak (Hotah was awsome, Arianne was weak).

OMG, OMG, just found out that G.G.Kay finished a new book! While no details are known, and release is rumored to be in February 2007, I am starting to wait on this one already! And it actually puts pressure on me to read Sarantine and the Last Light of the Sun. The Lions of Al'Rassan just blew me away, and I could not start on anything else Kay because I was afraid it will not measure up to it. But now... I think I am due for my Kay fix.

As soon as I am done with Bakker's Prince of Nothing series!

Ah, it's exciting to be a fantasy reader nowadays, so many wonderful, wonderful books out there!

on another note, has somebody red the new feist book, in the darkwar saga, if so, is it worth to dig in again?

Are you talking about Exile's Return? It was okay, a different point of view at least but I am coming to the belief that he needs to make his books longer. It felt like I read it in 2 days, probably because I did. Fiest could easily have made the first two books in this series (The Conclave of Shadows) into one and the most recent one would be fine as the first half of the next one.

@Domi: I liked A Song for Arbonne but thought Sailing to Sarantium was aimed a bit more towards younger readers. I never finished it as I forget it when I got off the plane on my way home from holiday (which was in Canada funnily enough, perhaps the book found its way back to Kay).

Well, I regard Kay's book as increasing in quality from Tapestries to Arabonne to Tigana to Al'Rassan. Al'Rassan is definetly my favorite book by him, and one of the most favorite books ever. I sort of find it hard to imagine Kay as a youth writer, to be honest. If anything he was consistently working on adult themes. Well, I'll see, I guess. I am really looking forward to some Kay time. ;)

Archived