Compatibility with Hard Times mod?

Guest <CHARNAME>

Guest <CHARNAME>

Has anyone had experience with using Hard Times with SCS?

I'm guessing there will be issues with this (from Hard Times description):

Many of the exceptional or magic items that are just lying around the game world, particularly in the early game, have been replaced with less valuable items. This is intended to slow your party's accumulation of wealth such that you too feel the pain of what is happening in the area, to some degree.

and the SCS component that does basically the same thing.

What about the randomising of loot in HT (amongst predominantly end-of-chapter bosses)? Would it cause problems with SCS AI (like a creature tries to use an item it doesn't actually have or something)?

Thanks for any help!

There is also this in Hard Times:

In order to help showcase EasyTutu's switch to the Baldur's Gate 2 spell system, I've included a second, optional component which adds a "boss" type encounter to the Ulcaster School ruins.

Which I'm not sure is compatible with the more difficult Ulcaster encounters in SCS.

I haven't looked at the HT code, but I don't imagine there'll be any technical problems - what SCS basically does is change the +1 weapon item files into fine weapon files, rather than change the allocation of files to creatures. I don't know about the Ulcaster boss encounter though.

I have just finished a TuTu game with SCS and Hard Times installed and I can say that they are %100 compatible. Though that fight in Ulcaster dungeon is not for the faint of the heart. Both mods improve that battle, SCS improves the undead hound and gives him very powerful and annoying abilities, whereas Hard Times put there a skeletal mage with BG2 spells...almost like a lich, but not quite.

The two of them together are sure tough. :)

Archived