MrEnnigma

What creature within the IE games best represents each of the nine alignments? I'm thinking primarily of creatures that could be added to or already exist within BG but if you have a favorite outside that series (IE BG) go ahead and list it. Do you think a character you've played in the past would qualify? If so, why?

Heh, Martin's characters are difficult to pinpoint, but some of them are for me a quintessence of an alignemnt;

Lawful Good - Eddard Stark, Brienne of Tarh and Davos Seaworth

Lawful Neutral - Stannis Baratheon

Chaotic Neutral - Theon Greyjoy

Lawful Evil - Tywin Lannister

There's various planar creatures you could use for some alignments - demons and devils for CE and LE respectively (though illithid and beholders are good LE too) speing to mind... Celestials come in all Good alignments I think. Neutral is maybe a little tougher.

There's various planar creatures you could use for some alignments - demons and devils for CE and LE respectively (though illithid and beholders are good LE too) speing to mind... Celestials come in all Good alignments I think. Neutral is maybe a little tougher.

Actually, I already have something in mind for Neutral. I figured on the demons, devils, and celestials but I want to see if anyone has non-stream favorites that might apply. Creatures powerful enough (alone or in a small group) to take on an adventuring party but that you might not think about till someone mentions them.

Guest Guest

Githzerai are CN, I think. I know their homeplane is limbo. I believe Archons are LG, and Celestials are CG, rather.

-Galactygon

If that's what you have in mind I'd make something unique and apropriate. An old nun, Cleric/Mage, who is the essence of NG, with a vast range of well chosen defensive and disabling spells and a load of Holy Smites in spell sequencers. A group of vampire Knights in blood red armor, each with a different weapon, who stand as the embodiment of Lawful Evil. A group of Paladins lead by a Golden Lion standing for Lawful Good.

Make it memorable, and mythic.

If that's what you have in mind I'd make something unique and apropriate. An old nun, Cleric/Mage, who is the essence of NG, with a vast range of well chosen defensive and disabling spells and a load of Holy Smites in spell sequencers. A group of vampire Knights in blood red armor, each with a different weapon, who stand as the embodiment of Lawful Evil. A group of Paladins lead by a Golden Lion standing for Lawful Good.

Now we're cooking. mwaha.gif

Archived