Riddle thread

Zamael

Right, I have one, which everyone will immediately get, but hey;

There is a bridge, a rickety one, which can hold no more than 110 pounds at any one time. It is crossing a wide chasm (it has to be, doesn't it), and is the only way across. It is not strong enough to make return trips.

A man wants to cross the chasm, and he weighs 70 pounds, but he has these three statues, each made of porcelain, and very fragile. He has three of them. He also has no means of communication, so getting a helicopter or personal jet is out of the question.

He knows that if he carries all of them, the bridge will collapse and he will die.

He finds a way to cross safely with all of his statues intact.

What is it?

Icen

The surgeon's his mother.

Correct! And congrats for not being unconsciously constrained by conventional gender roles!

The man's very short, and can't reach his floor without help from either someone else or an umbrella.

Right again--I also would have accepted "he's a midget," because the word "midget" is funny

I hope no midgets reading this are offended

Here's one more:

Mary and George live together in their small house close to railroad. However, one day, when George returns from work, he discovers Mary on the floor, dead. There's glass shards and water all over. What happened?

These will be off...

Two men lead a third man up a flight of stairs. They open a door at the top of the stairs and almost immediately the third man dies. What happened?
The hit was a bust and the man was shot.

A man is found dead (sense a theme, huh?) in the middle of the desert. He seems to have been killed by a fall, but there is no cliff or the like he could have fallen from. He is completely naked. Some distance away the police find a large pile of clothes. Still further away a small pile of straw. What happened?
The scuba diver was piked up by a forest fire planes bucket... etc.

Mary and George live together in their small house close to railroad. However, one day, when George returns from work, he discovers Mary on the floor, dead. There's glass shards and water all over. What happened?
The train went by, and the sound knocked bowl down, killing Mary the fish.

He finds a way to cross safely with all of his statues intact. What is it?
He walk down from the cliff and returns on from the other side.
Two men lead a third man up a flight of stairs. They open a door at the top of the stairs and almost immediately the third man dies. What happened?

They were executing the third man by hanging.

Correct! Man, I think that's the first riddle I ever remember hearing.

He juggled them, making sure one was always in the air.

Also that's pretty gutsy!

Archived