Welcome to the Delainy workshop

Grim Squeaker

And I owe a major debt of gratitude to Camdawg as well.

Of course, there are other people who have helped me with this, whether it was to bounce ideas off, or suggestions on my fanfiction, and other help.

This includes Beyshaliban, GrimSqueaker, MorningGlory, Cez Glain 'Loral, Mia, Jessayla, KIrving, Kalaria, Rusalka, Alan M.C. and innumerable others

I apologize if I missed any names or forgot some people.

And lest it hasn't been said, go ahead and post any queries, concerns, ideas, desires, etc. here :D

I will get to them as I can and to answer them.

Do they have to be to do with Del or just random comments?

A query:

Bri, what are you planning on having as your avatar on here?

A concern:

Walruses could be plotting to take over the world. They don't talk so are probably scheming something or another...

An idea:

Teaching monkeys to proof read documents. They could sit on your shoulder while you type and point out mistakes.

A desire:

I think I'll pass. There might be children reading this...

Query:

I haven't thought that far ahead on my avatar.  You will see when I do :D

Concern:

If I was a betting woman I would be more concerned with the chinchillas.

Idea:

Doesn't Microsoft already do this?

Desire:

No comment.

Do they have to be to do with Del or just random comments?

They can be random quotes.  We aren't going to be anal about it :D

Just realize that at some point we hope to get our own forum at FWStudios or such...

Yeah, consider these forums as temporary until we get close to release. At that point, we'll start poking the modding sites for a forum. :D The website itself will remain.

Since Grim covered the query, concern, idea and desire, I'll take the etc. with a random fact of the day:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Yeah, consider these forums as temporary until we get close to release. At that point, we'll start poking the modding sites for a forum. :D The website itself will remain.

Since Grim covered the query, concern, idea and desire, I'll take the etc. with a random fact of the day:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Yaeh I raed taht a cuople of dyas bcak. Fnatasitc ltitle fcat.

A query (non serious):

What does Delainy feel about hammer obsessed fanatics with blood curtling battlecries? I don't know why, I just like playing as them.

A query (real):

Will this romance be an "active" or a "passive" one early? What I mean is will she be trying to curry <CHARNAME>'s interest from the start, with things like flirting, or will it be more friendship oriented, like Tashia's romance?

An idea:

To save the cities by chopping all the buildings down.

A concern (maybe serious, depends on your point of view):

I'm worried that Aquatoids are going to use molecular control to dominate the planet. Yeesh, what I meant to say is that I've been playing too much X-Com II lately.

A desire:

To play a RPG centered on TDP's Hammerites. If you ask me, I think they're pretty cool.

Uriel

Non-serious Query:

She wouldn't mind them, as long as they do occasionally show a softer side...say by using a club with a felt top...

Serious Query:

I envision it starting out as friendship, and if you wish to pursue it further, it will work that way (and no, she won't make you through hoops to get there).

Additionally, the tone of the romance (once I consider how I want it to go) will go along two tracks...if you want sweet and demure, she will do that for a person...or if you want passionate, blow your mind away antics...I shall try to deliver.

And thanks for stopping by Uriel :D

Non-serious Query:

She wouldn't mind them, as long as they do occasionally show a softer side...say by using a club with a felt top...

Serious Query:

I envision it starting out as friendship, and if you wish to pursue it further, it will work that way (and no, she won't make you through hoops to get there).

Additionally, the tone of the romance (once I consider how I want it to go) will go along two tracks...if you want sweet and demure, she will do that for a person...or if you want passionate, blow your mind away antics...I shall try to deliver.

And thanks for stopping by Uriel :D

Thanks for the welcome Bri.

About my Hammerite characters, yes they do have a softer side, for some reason most of them go for Aerie, heh however if someone in the party errs, he will usually destroy them (then I'll reload after, of course). I guess I'm a hammerite lover, I have a slew of custom soundsets and portraits based on them.

As for the romance tone, personally I invisioned the BGI Delainy as an intelligent, thoughtful person, so in BGII IMO I think she'd be sweet, considerate, righteous, and selfless. After all, she did stay behind on the wereisland to defend <CHARNAME>.

BTW I've read your fanwork "In Sheep's Clothing", excellent work, as always. Is this mod going to be based on it?

Uriel

As for the romance tone, personally I invisioned the BGI Delainy as an intelligent, thoughtful person, so in BGII IMO I think she'd be sweet, considerate, righteous, and selfless. After all, she did stay behind on the wereisland to defend <CHARNAME>.

I concur, in the way I envision her.  However, where the tracks will go will focus on the intensity of the romance more than the way Del comes across...if I can swing it.

BTW I've read your fanwork "In Sheep's Clothing", excellent work, as always. Is this mod going to be based on it?

Not likely ^_^  I mean, the ideas do influence both works, and Delainy is the same Delainy, its just that I can do so much more in the story than in a game format...so, the game format will be different by default.  However, good ideas have been generated by the fanfic that may cross over as well :D

Archived