RE for BG I?

Vigdis

As for going all the way into darkness...

They already went all the way - my PC had over 500 kills when I finished the game and often lost the whole party. It would make him/her an insane butcher.

That's true, but ain't it like that always, both in games and tv in general? Take a common action movie. Unless the person that kills someone does it in a really sick way, noone usually cares. In most games, you can kill something or someone, it's just another day at the computer. You *cannot* take it to the bedchambers. Maybe you can, but it's rare. I know no such games.

I am annoyed that in Video Games (PC, Xbox, etc), whether rated T (Teens) or M (Mature), the "sex" aspect is toned down, but it is alright to be a serial murderer and hack-and-slash opponents by the hundreds. Is the rating agency saying voilence is OK, but nudity is not? Philosophically and pyschologically, there is something wrong with that. I would rather have it the other way around, i.e. have more nudity in Games, and have the Gore and Voilence toned down (or even cartoonish).

It all depends on the type of the game and the target audience. If you want more nudity, play the Witcher series (the first game is basically just a way for Geralt to shag every girl he meets, the second has better combat, etc, but I'm drifting off the point).

As for a RE in BG1... I'm not exactly against it, but I don't think it's realistic. I could understand a kind of encounter where the PC kept in contact with someone from Candlekeep, maybe an ex-sweetheart, etc, a few notes over the course of the game that would end in tears when they returned to Candlekeep, that kind of stuff, but as it is, the feel of the game is supposed to be that the PC is hunted. The numerous bounty hunters prove that point. I think Charname would look at everyone who hit on them with a kind of "ooookay, might be a bounty hunter" kind of approach. Of course that could change depending on the type of character you're playing, but it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

In BG2 theres a chance for the PC to build up a level of trust with Athkatla that they probably couldn't get with Baldur's Gate - what with the initial fight to get into the city, etc - and, regardless of trying to rescue Imoen, had enough time/trust/wisdom to have romantic encounters.

But that's the end of my rant >_>

Besides, why molest BG when there are still so many places to add RE to BG2 x]

Guest Seatroll
Besides, why molest BG when there are still so many places to add RE to BG2 x]

Yeah, i agree with you about that. BG2 romantic encounters needs to be expanded, add a few long term romances like Hendk's and Ribald's ones only for males, add more seductive females etc. Besides i always thought that BG1 charname more of a nerdy youngester type, who gets his experience with women in BG2. Great mod btw, played it with both male and female characters and encounters are enjoyable and well written.

Sorry for posting in an old thread, but I'm rather interested to know if anyone has had any more thoughts about doing this. The problem that people seemed to have with this is that the PC is inexperienced, not to mention being constantly threatened by assassins and bounty hunters. These are very good points, so my views on a RE for BG1 would be something like a few people with whom you could talk before leaving Candlekeep for the first time, and then talk to again when you come back. Because, it's hard to believe that for the majority of the game the PC would be interested in trying to get with anyone, but it's very believable (to me at least) that they may have been with someone before they had left Candlekeep. Well, at the very least, it seems strange that the PC doesn't really say goodbye to anybody before they leave.

Anyway, the point of my post is to inquire as to whether RE for BG1 could be a possibility in the future. Maybe?

Apologies again for re-opening this thread.

I don't know. Now that I think of it again, I still believe BG1 non-companion characters seem decidedly "unsexy": not very interesting in this regard. Asexual, bland, whatever. Sarevok romance? Already exists; besides, he's supposed to be a mystery in BG1. Angelo romance? Been there, coded that; BDSM in chapter 7 sounds fun, though. Davaeorn sado-mazo? Ahem. Um. Probably not. Belt, Liia, Eltan and Scar seem likely candidates, but it's hard to drop more of them into the game convincingly, and when they are in the game, it's hard not to break the essential quest. Original characters? Dunno.

Me, I'd much rather see extra romances with Edwin(not as sweet as BG2) and Eldoth, not to mention Viconia, Safana and maybe even Faldorn(with a different portrait, her story'd be a marvel). I saw a few lovetalks for Xzar, and they were surprisingly fun - never thought I'd want to see THAT.

For Scar, if there was no automatic transition to Candlekeep, I think it would make sense for him to say good luck to the PC before they leave, and if there was some flirting added into original dialogue, I think it could lead to something. But it would definitely be hard to add more to the main story characters.

Bit of a spoiler here, but there's one noblewoman in the Three Old Kegs tavern in Baldur's Gate, who offers to pay you more then she can afford if you work for her. So maybe she could pay with something else, if you know what I mean. Then there's the Undercellar. There are quite a few places with some interesting people where I think it could work. Also, the nobleman who lives in the Manor House in Nashkel, who doesn't get very much company because of his guards. The possibilities are endless. And maybe Kirinhale could actually follow through with her promises of "delights unearthly" atop Durlag's Tower.

Anyway, I'm just glad to see that people are even thinking about it.

Heheheh. You know, your ideas are really great - if you learn dialogue coding, I'm sure you could do very well at these encounters yourself(maybe not all at once, but one or two - definitely). (Here's a simple tutorial: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,25198.0.html ). If there's indeed a mod eventually, I think these characters are the best candidates, indeed. Well, the nobleman might be tricky, with Nashkel guards automatically appearing and all, but the others - definitely.

By the way, welcome to G3!

Heheheh. You know, your ideas are really great - if you learn dialogue coding, I'm sure you could do very well at these encounters yourself(maybe not all at once, but one or two - definitely). (Here's a simple tutorial: http://forums.pocket...ic,25198.0.html ). If there's indeed a mod eventually, I think these characters are the best candidates, indeed. Well, the nobleman might be tricky, with Nashkel guards automatically appearing and all, but the others - definitely.

By the way, welcome to G3!

Thanks, I took a bit of a look at that tutorial, looks pretty interesting. I'll be sure to research it a bit more.

Hmm. I wasn't aware that guards appeared in the Noble's house. Maybe they don't if you talk to the house guards first?

And thanks for the welcome. Definitely a pleasure to be here.

Oh, that ship is sensuality personalized, yep. Me, I also vote for Brielbara's encounter(for those, who, unlike me, like the woman), and for more fun - an encounter with her husband(and listening to *his* side of the story).

Oh, that ship is sensuality personalized, yep. Me, I also vote for Brielbara's encounter(for those, who, unlike me, like the woman), and for more fun - an encounter with her husband(and listening to *his* side of the story).

Considering you remember Desret and I don't remember Brielbara, I think this says something about nerd level. :)

Grr. Opening Infinity Explorer...

Archived