Installation Problems

Guest M

The file seems to extract fine, but immediately after extractions, the file seems to go into an infinite loop.

This is what repeats.

After several tries (and installations of Baldur's Gate II 'cause I thought maybe it had to do with my game), I used setup-CrossmodBG2.exe just to see what happens. Only one banter between all characters seems to install. No TOB content installs either.

I tried replacing the crossmod.exe with the newest weidu.exe, but that didn't work either. I deleted the .bat file, but even then, when it didn't go through the loop, it wouldn't install all the banters.

I have no clue what to do, and I'm so frustrated.

What's going on? You have tried all things, which we would advise you.

Try a completely new install. Here you can get informations about a clean install.

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=22966

- Make a full install of BG2+ToB+Patchv26498

- Download all mods anew (perhaps you have got some bad downloads)

- Extract your mods in your BG2 main directory

- Replace the crossmod.exe with the newest weidu.exe

- Install your mods and after the NPC-Mods only the Crossmod Banter Pack

Greetings Leomar

Tried it. Not all the banters would install. Only the one between Tsujatha and Hubelpot would.

I would say it was my computer if it wasn't for the fact that I just installed everything. It's clean. Fresh new Windows and everything.

Let's see... Iylos, Tsujatha, Kido, and Hubelpot.

I keep getting the message "Non-stable version." I have a screenshot in the first post if you want to see the entire thing that repeats.

When I x out of the repeating exe and try to install it anyway, none of the TOB banters install and only one banter in SOA installs. Most of the time when I remove the .bat, I get an error when I remove the .bat file.

Do you think I should try uninstalling/deleting the game/mods and reinstalling them again? It'll be, like, the eighth time, but I've got time to do it.

Try downloading the latest version of WeiDU from here, deleting the .bat file and setup-CrossmodBG2.exe, copying weidu.exe from the /weidu/ folder and renaming it setup-crossmod.exe

If you've already done this--cmorgan? I've no experience with the killer loop error since we don't have it at SHS--as far as I can tell the above should work, but...

You mentioned you managed to one banter installed--do you remember which one it was?

All I can suggest is what you folks have - replacing that .exe with a v208, and making sure the .bat file is deleted...

I will try matching that install and seeing if I can replicate the error, for troubleshooting. (I am not sure how fast I can be, though.)

Done that already Kaeloree. One of the first things I did 'cause it was suggested in another thread.

Tsujatha and Hubelpot was the only banter installed out of all of them. However, those banters didn't carry over or install on TOB. You think it might be my computer or something? I remember not having problems with version five or six. So I don't understand why this one won't work.

It's okay if it takes you some time cmorgan. I don't expect any immediate problem solving here.

In the meantime, I'll try doing everything over again. Maybe by some sort of luck, or maybe the banter pack will love me, it'll start working.

Figured I would post here also. Same problem on a clean install. Just goes in an infinite loop and never installs. I tried updating my version of Weidu (though I am not sure I did it right) but no dice so far. Right now what I have installed is...

BG 2

ToB

Latest Patch

G3 Fixpack

Xan NPC

Romantic Encounters

Kivan NPC

NPC Flirts

Seems like a pretty different install then the above poster but getting the same error.

Everything is going to be all right.

When you get this infinite loop, just press X and close the window. THEN go to your BG2 directory and find Setup-ModWithInfiniteLoop.exe(like, if it's Crossmod, then it's Setup-Crossmod.exe in your game directory). And run it.

DO NOT INSTALL CROSSMOD BANTER PACK BEFORE NPC MODS! First - Xan, Kivan, Iylos and company, then and only then - Crossmod Banter Pack.

Guest muckrake
Everything is going to be all right.

When you get this infinite loop, just press X and close the window. THEN go to your BG2 directory and find Setup-ModWithInfiniteLoop.exe(like, if it's Crossmod, then it's Setup-Crossmod.exe in your game directory). And run it.

DO NOT INSTALL CROSSMOD BANTER PACK BEFORE NPC MODS! First - Xan, Kivan, Iylos and company, then and only then - Crossmod Banter Pack.

Hi - I am getting the same problem described here with a new install today... and I tried your suggestion running the Setup.exe in the BG2 folder. No dice.

Well, I don't know about her, but I recently tried

Kulyok's suggestion, and still got the same problem.

What with not all my mod banters installing. <_<

It's described further up on which ones installed

and which ones didn't install.

Archived