BG1 version?

the bigg

I recall there once was a version of BG1NPC that ran on BG1 proper (and not Tutu/BGT). Since I'd like to try FotD, is that old version available anywhere, or it never existed and I'm recalling wrongly? Also (if existing), it was dropped because of it being unstable/bug-ridden, or "just" because BG2 is a better platforms?

There never was a version of BG1NPC that run on vanilla. The only thing that did was Blucher's pilot project that included a few Imoen's interjections in the first couple areas, and that I think was never out for dl's and stayed on Blucher's machine. When Andyr and I started coding en mass we went directly to TUTU. That's historical info, if the guys did a vanilla run recently, I appologize for the incorrect info!

In that case, I fail. For some reason I thought that Phase I was initally done in vanilla or something, not that a conversion was done recently.

I guess I'll have to play FotD with zombie NPCs or wait for Jastey to win the lotto :p

Thanks to Zed's (Nocear) simulations it's now possible to create port of BG1 NPC Project to vanilla BG1. In mod called Mysteries of the Swordcoast (now available only in polish, but translation is in-progress) there's preludium of Viconia's romance and new NPC who has a few banters with NPCs, interjections and dialogues with PC. So... everything is possible. ;-)

I gladly volunteer to do a full conversion into BG1, and maintain it as a single BG/Tutu/BG2 package. Just as soon as someone deposits several million dollars (US) for me in a Swiss bank account to secure my yearly salary (US) (+ full benefits, with a 3% matching TIAA-CREF retirement account) for the forseeable future. That way I can drop any other work, and tackle the project full time. Oh, and please make sure the benefits cover a good psychologist and health plan, as the frustration level will be quite high :p.

Haha! It needs more than that to make me code more interjections for BG1, I am afraid.

Well, maybe Ajantis romance or friendship, and Xan and Coran friendship would be a start?

I'm interested in playing "soon", not "after HL2EP3 is released". :p

@ the bigg - that's ok - I have been waiting for this to resolve itself: Jagged Alliance 3. The fan made rebuilds of JA:2 are awesome, with SVN distribution and support, but they are waging battle against the engine itself (kind of like you are :p ). Perhaps a new enigine with modder friendly tools will open the thing up for them.

Back on topic, I don't know about Coran and BG... I didn't work on any code that was directly BG - installable. But if berelinde did, it would be pretty cool - and it should be straightforward, too, as the code doesn't have interjections and has few if any conditions. It is a sieries of friendtalks on a timer. So technically, making it work on BG is no harder than setting

%CORAN_JOINED% = CORANJ instead of _CORANJ

and then testing it out. Not so with BG1NPC, with a zillion different things set up to do in the BG2 engine and not set up in BG...

I don't even know what kind of game half-life is..

It's a first-person shooter. Contrary to most of the other FPSes, it actually has a good and well told story (and superb voice acting).

</advertising>

I guess I'll use Ajantis and Xan. Not Coran though, since in BG1 I dislike waiting for the CH4 NPCs when there isn't a convincing role-playing reason for their delay (possibly except Yeslick and Faldorn).

Since there isn't a BG1 version for Coran yet, the choice seems to be perfect. Have fun!

(BGQE is compatible with FotD, too, btw. I am only mentioning it, because of shameless self promotion, and because this was one of the reasons to make BGQE BG1-compatible at all.)

(BGQE is compatible with FotD, too, btw. I am only mentioning it, because of shameless self promotion, and because this was one of the reasons to make BGQE BG1-compatible at all.)

Self promotion is fun. And yes, I'm already using BG1UB and BG1QE.

Archived