Fallen Paladins

jpg

From the voice used for Reynald, one of the fallen paladins, I'd say he was probably over the 40 year threshold and a full member of the Order like Keldorn.

Do you think this is an acurate assuption? Does anyone recall any other clues to his rank / age that I have missed?

Thanks

j

Ya, background work for a mod that I'm trying to work on. I want to make Reynald joinable - you can offer in the D0Questpack after you kill Anarg, but nothing comes of it. But what if.....

The thing is, the game text is a bit criptic about his past so I'm trying to make sure my interpretation is aligned with others' and that I haven't missed anything.

Thanks for the help,

jpg

Guest jastey*

That's what I was thinking, fallen doesn't necessarily mean that he is evil. He lost the support of his god and his Order, but he is not necessarily evil alignend. It would be interesting to see how BioWare put his alignment, though.

Then again, think of NWN1 OC. Though I personally find the black&white division to be outworldly of some sorts. Goody two shoes paladin can't turn into a bloodthrusty monster in a blink. Especially since was a goody thing for all their life.

I was interested in the thought that fallen <> evil in all cases, and how does someone who has truly lost everything they had (and were) make their way in the world.

Bioware have put him as Chaotic Good, which fits nicely with the thought that perhaps his fall was as much about losing faith in the law / justice, as it was about being 'bad'.

I'm not sure about what I'm doing about the redemption aspect. I keep vacillating between aiming for redemption (ie gaining his God's forgiveness and gaining back all / some paladin abilities) or for gaining his own forgiveness (and him learning to take a new path in life). It would be interesting to be able to prey on his insecurities / lack of purpose to corrupt him too - a anti-paladin could be fun to make. No firm decisions yet.

Right now, I'm just doing some of the basics to get a feel of IE coding and the parts of the story that are clear in my head - some of the banters, joining dialogue, resolving the Keldorn / Anomen in the party issue, etc. But between paid employment, young kids, etc it is a rather slow process.

quest

I'm also (very eagerly) awaiting to see the Ajantis mod because one of my more significant talks with Reynald is after you mistakenly kill AJ. I'm already dreading building in to fit the D0Questpack extended fallen paladins quest (it's in the too hard basket right now so I'm just running without the D0 quest at this point) and am keen to see what the AJ mod does......

jpg

There were two (non-joinable) persons in the game I really felt intrigued with an that is Solaufein and Reynald (yeah it's the hey I did evil but I am good inside theme). So, if you need any help to keep this going don't hesitate to ask. Don't plan too much right now, the possible paths are multiple and it's no use to plan the project too big from the start. I'd like either way - regain his paladinhood or make peace with his new life. I am no fan of the corrupting paths but that's because I never play evil.

I'm also (very eagerly) awaiting to see the Ajantis mod because one of my more significant talks with Reynald is after you mistakenly kill AJ.
Cool! The mod is in beta so let me know what you want to know. The actual Windspear fight was not changed, so there is plenty of possibilities to react to the killed knights just like it happens in the original game. Of course the plot developps differently from there (in Firkraag's lair, to be precise, and also if you go into the headquarters in Athkatla), but the fight I did not change.

I'd like to add that there is no necessary to kill Anarg, he is not evil. I had the idea to rewrite this text but... Well, you'de asked not to kill them but to restrict their activity. I think you could persuate them to leave Athkatla at least or Amn...

I'm fully in support of this as Reynald is an intriguing character - I'd quite like to see him as a romance as well.

From what I recall, he fell because of a woman named Celestine, who played him for a fool. (Who she was and how this happened isn't explained - it's just a throwaway comment from one of the criminals the fallen paladins are fighting).

Given he's the one fallen paladin who runs off when Anarg goes to attack the Bhaalspawn's party, I'd say he's not evil, but just doesn't meet the Order's standards any more (in his own words). Chaotic Good is probably right.

When you get the quest, you're told that Anarg is charismatic and some of the impressionable younger paladins have fallen under his sway for that reason. Although it's possible Reynald could be 40, I imagine him younger, maybe 25-30.

Archived