Known Bugs/Issues & Hotfixes for V2.9

Demivrgvs

Guest klye

I'm trying to dfish through all this information to find out how you've changed all of the spells. Will you be updating your spell info found http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme...ns.html#arcane1 ?

Also, I've noticed that some people wanted to keep Spell Shield as originally stated. I never used the spell, as I found Spell - Immunity :Abjur much more useful. :rolleyes:

BUT, from the point of view of a sorcerer solo player, the Spell - Immunity: abjur & Protection from Energy & Spell Shield combo seems crazy overpowered for spell dueling combats.

So.. maybe just give Spell Shield it's auto save feature only? That already halves damage for most spells & make you immune to all enchanment and save or else spells. That REALLY already pretty powerful. After all, it's Mind Blank + more.

I'll update that link as soon as I release a official V3, as of now changes between V2 and V2.9 are listed here.

Regarding Spell Shield I haven't received much feedback, you may be right about removing elemental resistances, we'll see.

Guest Guest_klye_*

Grease - due to the unconscious effect - Now ignores Free Action. Maybe change it to a "hold" effect, and we'll just suspend our disbelief.

Grease - due to the unconscious effect - Now ignores Free Action. Maybe change it to a "hold" effect, and we'll just suspend our disbelief.
Actually I've tweaked Free Action to make the recipient completely immune to Grease.

I have to admit though, that if you're not using Item Revision than Ring of Free Action and similar items probably won't protect the wearer from Grease's unconsciousness effect.

Spook's Description has not been changed from the original game.
Very strange...it shows the correct updated one in my install, and the description in the .tra file is the correct one too. :rolleyes:
Guest Guest_Klye_*

Spook

Description has not been changed from the original game.

Sleep

Wow. You've boosted this spell by quite alot. Considering how the Lvl 1 spells already have 2 really good "save or else" scalable spells in Color Spray & Grease, I think this is just to much. Maybe go back to a HD cap of 4 or 5, and give a save bonus for those of higher HD? Or just don't effect above HD 5. It's only supposed to be a stop gap spell until the later lvl spells.

Color Spray

See Sleep. These spells really don't need to scale up to the caster current level. Since the current effect is AT LEAST a 1 round stun on a failed save, that's fantastic for a 1st lvl spell. Also, the current color spray is SO much better than Lvl1 "blindness" & "Spook", since it has a area effect & basically has better effects. Finnally, in game play I think that Stun > confused > blind. It also makes for a more logical progression for the spell. So Maybe change it to:

l< HD 4 - stunned for 5 rounds

l< HD 7 - confused & blinded 3 rounds

l>= HD 7 - blinded 2 rounds

All effects are culm. So a HD1 foe, failing a save, is stunned for 5 rounds, then confused & blinded for 3 rounds, then blinded 2 rounds.

Spell still effects friend or foe.

That's still a REALLY powerful lvl 1 spell. At worse, it's mass blindness spell at lvl1.

Guest Guest_Klye_*
Actually I've tweaked Free Action to make the recipient completely immune to Grease.

I have to admit though, that if you're not using Item Revision than Ring of Free Action and similar items probably won't protect the wearer from Grease's unconsciousness effect.

I didn't know I had to install another mod to make this one work. Of course, I only just found out about the modding scene :mwaha:. I'll install your other mod, and this SCS2 mod I keep reading about.

But, for the sake of mod integrity, you might want to do something about Grease.

Very strange...it shows the correct updated one in my install, and the description in the .tra file is the correct one too. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I thought as much. I don't know what happened. I've downloaded the v2 file and the hotfixes, upzipped both and then ran the installer. I'll reinstall & hope for the best.

Klye, I'm glad to see new players! I'll reply to your feedback here, because this topic is supposed to be used for fixes.

I didn't know I had to install another mod to make this one work. Of course, I only just found out about the modding scene :mwaha: . I'll install your other mod, and this SCS2 mod I keep reading about.
Free Action spell is fine without Item Revisions though, but you're right, I should do something about it even if it's a small issue.

Regarding SCSII, I do recommend it. ;)

Yeah, I thought as much. I don't know what happened. I've downloaded the v2 file and the hotfixes, upzipped both and then ran the installer. I'll reinstall & hope for the best.
Which version of SR have you downloaded? Because if it's V2 that may be the problem...the hotfixes posted here are for the V2.9.
Guest Guest_Klye_*

I installed & reinstalled v2.9 with hotfixes, but the sunfire spell won't show up at level up. Am I doing something wrong?

I installed & reinstalled v2.9 with hotfixes, but the sunfire spell won't show up at level up. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. Sunfire is an arcane spell, arcane spells don't "show up" by themselves at level up.
I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. Sunfire is an arcane spell, arcane spells don't "show up" by themselves at level up.
Klye might be talking about the Sorcerers spell pick up, now it might be a good idea to say what other spell adjusting/large mod s/he has installed so we could know whose fault it is... as the big mods usually add spells that might be quite simular to the others and so you run quickly out of the 24 selectable once. ShadowKeeper should help.

Oh, I've seen that you have updated your hotfixes on 3rd May. Is it possible, that you give us a short info in this thread, if you have uploaded a new updated hotfix next time?

Uups, sorry, I've looked at the dates of the filenames, now. It looks like you have updated the post-description only. :rolleyes:

Greeting Leomar

Klye might be talking about the Sorcerers spell pick up, now it might be a good idea to say what other spell adjusting/large mod s/he has installed so we could know whose fault it is... as the big mods usually add spells that might be quite simular to the others and so you run quickly out of the 24 selectable once. ShadowKeeper should help.

Yeah it seems the issue was that at character creation there are now too spells and Sunfire is left out. The issue may be caused by the new Protection from Fire/Cold. I'll look into it, and as of now if I had to chose a spell to move to another level or simply remove I'd go for Spell Shield (as SCS doesn't use it).

Oh, I've seen that you have updated your hotfixes on 3rd May. Is it possible, that you give us a short info in this thread, if you have uploaded a new updated hotfix next time?

Uups, sorry, I've looked at the dates of the filenames, now. It looks like you have updated the post-description only. :rolleyes:

I'm going to update it very soon...as of now the fixes concern Create Undead (was summoning wrong creatures), Enchanted Weapon (a few different minor fixes), Cleric's ProvsFire (wrong bam in the quickslot). I'll also include new .eff files for Unholy Blight and Holy Smite as I've discovered that vanilla's ones deal a lot more damage then they are supposed to.

Here's the latest Hofixes. If anyone is so kind to test if everything seems fine I'll put them in the main download link and update the relative post.

Changes:

Faerie Fire: new bams thanks to scorpio

Enchanted Weapon: created ony a single sling bullet, fixed a few string references for item names, a few weapons instead of vanishing after 24 hours were replaced by used up items

Unholy Blight & Holy Smite: replaced vanilla's .eff files with new ones to fix their damage output as per description

Create Undead: was still summoning skeletons instead of ghasts at certain levels

Protection from Fire (Cleric version): was displaying a wrong bam in the quickspell slot

Khelben's Warding Whip: when casted via scroll it had range 1 instead of 20

Link removed in favor of the main one in the first post of this topic.

Archived