Effect 272 (110h)

Caswallon

While we're at it, another piece of information found out by Knight:

Effect 272 (110h): Use external effect, repeatedly

Parameter 1: Time, Frequency

Parameter 2: Method

Use the EFF file in the resource key on the target in regular intervals.

P1 determines the time interval or number of executions of the EFF file.

P2 determines the method. Known values are:

0 The EFF file is applied once per second.

2 The EFF file is applied as many times as determined by P1 per second. (I.e. P1=3: EFF is applied 3 times per second.)

3 The EFF file is applied once per number of seconds determined by P1. (I.e. P1=3: EFF is applied once per 3 seconds.)

4 The EFF file is applied once per number of seconds determined by P3 (only for EFF files).

The effect reacts directly on the movement speed of the character: Effect 40 and 78 double the time interval, effect 16 cuts it in half. Effects 126 and 176 suppress the effect completely. Interference of those effects lasts only while they affect the character.

Effects 126 and 176 suppress the effect completely. Interference of those effects lasts only while they affect the character.

IIRC having effect number 272 applied twice to the character with different time intervals cancels out the one(s) with the longer duration as well.

-Galactygon

Ok checked i've checked this opcode with

P1 - 2

P2 - 4

P3 - 10

It fired the test effect 10 times every 2 'seconds'. I would say, these seconds are more like 'rounds'.

Yes, igi, we should check other effects for P3.

The summoning effects use it!

When setting Param2 to 3, and using it on items work very permanent - they are still applied if I unequip the item.

Setting Param2 to 0 does not do this, I can unequip the item and the EFF isn't fired anymore.

I haven't tested the rest.

-Galactygon

They restore movement rate by actually warping space time. I.e., you don't move any faster after the casting: the whole Universe moves slower.

And yet, you still suffer from reduced movement rate and are never able to catch up to Time, Frequency, and so the effect is suppressed.

Archived