Would this work without BGTutu?

Guest Paktu

I left a message over at CoM (http://chosenofmystra.db-forge.com/mystra_forum/viewtopic.php?t=1083).

Unfortunately, it looks like Magnus, the author of the mods, hasn't posted there since early July, so the odds of a response seem pretty poor.

Is there a community concensus on how long a modder must be incommunicado before his work is considered "abandoned?" Obviously his work shouldn't be distributed by anyone else for profit, and he should be credited for his work, but I presume, ,since Hlid's got a "Mod Resurrections" forum over at FW, that there is a point at which someone else can update or support a seemingly abandoned mod, even without explicit permission....

Sorry to butt-in here.

Hlid - you wouldn't mind tlaking to the CoM people would you... I 'm sure they wouldn't mind a Tutu version of their mods... and well... I'm pretty sure it would be appreciated by folks other than myself as well.  Even if the mods leave some things to be desired - like game balance (occasionally).

Edited - composition errors.

Aren't you really asking for an non-Tutu version of a mod? I thought the COM mods in question were designed for Tutu?

Aren't you really asking for an non-Tutu version of a mod? I thought the COM mods in question were designed for Tutu?

Nope, I'm asking for a Tutu version, as the CoM stuff works, but not everything converts properly, and occasionally some missing bam or something will crash the game.

Vanilla BG1 mods should be fine, though, if installed prior to the conversion.

They "work" but there are still minor problems that crop up... and if someone has already done the conversion for themselves... plus it would make installation much, much simpler and hassle free. The big one here would be install/uninstall by components and at will, rather than deconvert-uninstall-reconvert... :cry: which almost drove me nuts a while back. It also, I suspect, makes errors caused by mods a bit easier to track, as any conversion is dealing with far fewer variables - no mods to clutter up the conversion itself.

And now, over at FW, it appears that a version of the old DtotSC, that is compatible with BP-BGT-SoBH etc. is being released. So Hlid, as long as people are going to be rebuilding their installs, do you think now might be a good time to release your BGT compatible BG1NPC version? Pretty please?

By the way, the BGT version of this mod works fine with DSotSC and SoBH. Afterall, I built it on my BGT-BP game with those mods already installed. Xan's quest has a spot on a map (AR3200 in BGT, where Jansen is) that will have an orc on it in a later chapter. Hopefully, no one will have these two quests hit at the same time. Now that I think of it, I will move the orc (just in case...)

Anyone want to add banters to the DSotSC NPCs? Just kidding.

Cam....cool.

And, with BG1NPC and DtotSC releases imminent (and, hopefully, NeJ2 not too far behind), I probably shouldn't be greedy, but....

Hlid,

How long would you feel it necessary to wait to "resurrect" the BG1 mods, in the event that Magnus never responds?

Well, it shouldn't take more than an hour or so of work. (The main pain is just changing the various weapons to use the BG2 profs.) When I can get to it... I'm not sure. We'll see how it goes. I still have to speak to Melkor about it and see if he wants to give it the thumbs-up.

Archived