V10 buggs.

Stworca

Hello again.

Since my last thread was about v9, to make navigation easier (and not cause confusion) i started a new one. I'll get straight to the point, and will try to keep this post as short as possible.

Minor Spoilers Warning!

I've spotted a few problems after (and while) installing v10 of SCS II.

I completely uninstalled v9 and g3 tweaks (which were installed as last). Then i ran v10 installation (everything except resilent trolls and slightly improved Irenicus Dungeon) and after this i installed g3 tweaks again.

During the installation of Smarter Beholders (option "Dont shot through shields") a parsing error occured. (i've sent it to mr. DavidW, but just in case i shall copy it here aswell. + I've spotted a few more buggs in-game).

[scsII/beholder/ssl_out/behold01.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 339 column 1-1

Near text:

!

syntax error

[scsII/beholder/ssl_out/behold01.baf] ERROR at line 339 column 1-1

Near text:

!

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR : parsing [scsII/beholder/ssl_out/behold01.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR : error compiling [scsII/beholder/scsII_out/behold01.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR : Compiling [scsII/beholder/ssl_out/behold01.baf]!

Stopping instalation because of error.

(i simply installed the first option then, which worked fine)

In game :

- After some time Faldorn gets stuck in Shapeshift spider script. Trying to shapechange every 0,5 s or so. Additionaly, when she died she had many shapeshift spider 'tokens' (which listed the atributes after transformation)

- One of cowled enforcers used all 3 : Mantle, improved mantle and pfmg in his chain contingency.

- 10 000 xp worth Tanar'ri's and 16 000 xp worth Lae'liyl (all 3 on demonic plane that you visit while doing planar sphere quest) did not have (or simply did not use) any abilities other then teleport.

- Tolgerias fight : Every time i went out of his visual range and came back, his contingencies and spells were renewed (but all previously casted ones were still working). I am sure that he didnt just renew th Chain Contingency, for it fired 8 times (every time followed by Time stop, and two planetar summonings) before i decided that it is a bugg. Edit : Additionaly later on i blinded him, so that anyone who aint in melee range is not visible - effect was the same, and since he moves around a lot (and has horrid willings in contingency), blinding him was a BAD idea. Edit - This happened only once. After i re-played all the way till Tolgerias, both fights (in Gov and in sphere) went correctly.

- Single target, damage dealing spells always deal damage to mirror-imaged characters (and creaters, tested on glabrezu) in addition to dispelling one of the images.

Also few lesser buggs..

- Amauntor temple : When fighting the lich and his minions in lava room, you may aggro bone fiend from altar room. In addition, if you have activated the spawn trigger for second lich, his group is aggroed aswell (thankfully not the lich himself).

- The "Vampyre" in AR0802 (lower tombs in GY district) is not aggroed untill you are in his visual range. Unlike his older cousing in Firkraags Estate, which are aggroed when you fight orcs in the corridor (the inner one, AFTER golem encounter). But dont get me wrong, the second one makes sense, blood attracts vampires :)

- Same goes for Minotaur in copper corronet, which is the only creature who does not jump out of the cage to bite, shreed and kill.

- Ira'Kiou'Dneg (also known as Pontifex, the ritual dragon) is not affected by "Increased Staying Power for Dragons". Im not sure about smarter dragons, for he always was casting all spells instantly.

- Djinn's cast their spells (at least fireshields) while time is stopped.

- Some mages (Zallanora :p who does not even have a staff) go to melee while they still have some spells.

And few minor, unimportant ones (mostly xp).

- Most (if not all) of the newly added summonings, do not give any xp when killed. On the other hand, there are also vanilla game summons which grant no experience when slain. I would vote to remove all xp from any summons (esp. Bearweres!)

- Some of the cowled wizards (high level ones) grant only 120 xp when killing

- Tazok does not have a helmet, even tho (i believe!) this thing on his avatars neck has one.

- You can attack Corgeig Axehand in government building, and not only do guards and other npcs allow it, they JOIN YOU in killing him! (but i believe its vanilla game bugg)

- After talking with you, Aerie-ogre escapes through back doors. (but this one looks like other source then SCSII.. )

edit : - How exacly does detect items work? For enemy high level mage (Cowled one) casted Mantle when he saw my character (who had Carsomyr) I actualy waited till it expires (twice) and he DID have pfmg!

Now.. I have a huge dilema. Are those buggs from v10, or are these results of not reinstalling the game before running v10? Im just in chapter 2, and aint sure if i should move on with the game (test further :p ) Anyone else experienced those? Anyone can confirm / deny that i made something wrong with the installation?

If everything is correct, then i shall update this thread with anything else i find.

In any case, keep up the great work in upgrading BG2 mr. David!

Regards

Stworca

Sorry bout hijackin this thread (but the title made me post here ???)

There seems to be an incompatibility between SCSII and Tactics, with respect to the "Move Cloak of Mirroring" component. I dunno if this was fixed in the sneakily updated version (I used the original package :D)

The component checks for an invalid .cre from Tactics, i've posted a temporary solution (with the correct .cre) here :p

Thanks,

Lol

In fact, I think a component to rationalize equipment/kits/profenciencies could be welcome ???

Not only welcome, but a great addition :p (esp for the undergeared mages that i listed in previous thread)

Something else i found out :

- Mage thrall in Illithid secret hideout seems not to have any scripting. He was standing idle while my party slaughtered the mind flayers and other thralls.

21.IX edit :

Some more issues that i've encountered.

- Bone Fiends (summoned ones) have non-magical 'claws' or dont use the right ones.(all other summons that SCSII added have +2 or better ones)

- When you wipe out Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, the paladins that are out of visual range stand idle.

- Enemy Wish spells seems not to work at all (nothing happens after they say their wish).

- Master of Thralls (demon in bard stronghold quest) has non-magical claws. (looks like a Baalor, and gives 16 000 xp)

- Mobs in Twisted rune seem not to care about each other too much. The wampire and Layene both stood idle (out of visual range) while i killed Vaxxal, Shangalar and Ravenek.

And last one (which aint much of a bugg, but i know that your superior programming skills could make this encounter challenging w/o the device :D )

The Unseeing Eye, who is worth 30 000 xp and who is capable of granting Divine spells to priests who worship him (a god!).. Is a nab with only 4 differend spells (+ scripted 'Fear' and the "prebuff" from mages component) and his "melee" attack isnt even magical. 3 horrid willings, 2 PW:Kill, 4 PW:Stun and 1 death spell is what i counted. Using the device is not necessary for even gauths are a bigger threat.

- After some time Faldorn gets stuck in Shapeshift spider script. Trying to shapechange every 0,5 s or so. Additionaly, when she died she had many shapeshift spider 'tokens' (which listed the atributes after transformation)

Incompatibility between Faldorn and my new shapeshift component; will fix.

- One of cowled enforcers used all 3 : Mantle, improved mantle and pfmg in his chain contingency.

PFMG? - do you mean protection from magic weapons. If so, I don't actually see how that's possible. Sure it wasn't several wizards?

- 10 000 xp worth Tanar'ri's and 16 000 xp worth Lae'liyl (all 3 on demonic plane that you visit while doing planar sphere quest) did not have (or simply did not use) any abilities other then teleport.

They get the standard Nabassu package (which is relatively unexciting, to be sure).

- Tolgerias fight : Every time i went out of his visual range and came back, his contingencies and spells were renewed (but all previously casted ones were still working). I am sure that he didnt just renew th Chain Contingency, for it fired 8 times (every time followed by Time stop, and two planetar summonings) before i decided that it is a bugg.

It is a bug, and it's one I've never been able to reproduce. Were you playing solo? (It seems to happen more then). And what mage-buffing option do you have installed?

- Single target, damage dealing spells always deal damage to mirror-imaged characters (and creaters, tested on glabrezu) in addition to dispelling one of the images.

Such as which spells?

- Amauntor temple : When fighting the lich and his minions in lava room, you may aggro bone fiend from altar room. In addition, if you have activated the spawn trigger for second lich, his group is aggroed aswell (thankfully not the lich himself).

- The "Vampyre" in AR0802 (lower tombs in GY district) is not aggroed untill you are in his visual range. Unlike his older cousing in Firkraags Estate, which are aggroed when you fight orcs in the corridor (the inner one, AFTER golem encounter). But dont get me wrong, the second one makes sense, blood attracts vampires ???

- Same goes for Minotaur in copper corronet, which is the only creature who does not jump out of the cage to bite, shreed and kill.

- Tazok does not have a helmet, even tho (i believe!) this thing on his avatars neck has one.

- You can attack Corgeig Axehand in government building, and not only do guards and other npcs allow it, they JOIN YOU in killing him! (but i believe its vanilla game bugg)

- After talking with you, Aerie-ogre escapes through back doors. (but this one looks like other source then SCSII.. )

I'll have a look at those.

- Ira'Kiou'Dneg (also known as Pontifex, the ritual dragon) is not affected by "Increased Staying Power for Dragons". Im not sure about smarter dragons, for he always was casting all spells instantly.

Smarter Dragons doesn't affect mod-added dragons.

- Djinn's cast their spells (at least fireshields) while time is stopped.

I'm not sure I mind that: they're supposed to have fireshield effectively permanently.

- Some mages (Zallanora :p who does not even have a staff) go to melee while they still have some spells.

What spells did he still have?

- Most (if not all) of the newly added summonings, do not give any xp when killed.

Summons generally don't; that's not SCS-specific.

On the other hand, there are also vanilla game summons which grant no experience when slain. I would vote to remove all xp from any summons (esp. Bearweres!)

Bearweres are Tactics-specific.

- Some of the cowled wizards (high level ones) grant only 120 xp when killing

Vanilla game issue; SCS (almost) never mucks with XP gains.

edit : - How exacly does detect items work? For enemy high level mage (Cowled one) casted Mantle when he saw my character (who had Carsomyr) I actualy waited till it expires (twice) and he DID have pfmg!

It guesses. I don't assume the wizard is omniscient in this respect, so it's possible for him to guess badly.

Now.. I have a huge dilema. Are those buggs from v10, or are these results of not reinstalling the game before running v10?

They're v10.

PFMG? - do you mean protection from magic weapons. If so, I don't actually see how that's possible. Sure it wasn't several wizards?

Yes and yes.

It is a bug, and it's one I've never been able to reproduce. Were you playing solo? (It seems to happen more then). And what mage-buffing option do you have installed?

Yes and the 'toughest' one.

Such as which spells?

Melf Acid Arrow for example. I'll run a test with all spells when i get back home.

What spells did he still have?

Ah! You mean they have spells picked when they spawn, and not chose them as fight goes? Nevermind this point then ???

Bearweres are Tactics-specific.

Could you remove exp from pit fiends and devas / planetars then? (even tho you dont mess with xp :p )

They're v10.

Thats a relief. I'll post everything else i found out when im home (non-magical weapons on tough mobs and aggroing stuff.) Could you take a look on other things i posted, in 4th (or so) post? (and i do hope that i aint bothering you too much :D )

Kind regards to You.

Stworca

- The "Vampyre" in AR0802 (lower tombs in GY district) is not aggroed untill you are in his visual range. Unlike his older cousing in Firkraags Estate, which are aggroed when you fight orcs in the corridor (the inner one, AFTER golem encounter). But dont get me wrong, the second one makes sense, blood attracts vampires

Indeed. And is nice to see enemies that show some type of iniciative.

Hmm seems that forums deleted my last entry.

1. Lea'Liyl has non-magical claws or does not use the right ones
  2. Vanila game : Liches and Demi-liches can be annihilated by mace of disruption regardless of their protection spells. Additionaly i think they should be immune to critical hits ???
  3. This "Ballistic attack" of mind flayers bypasses all protection from weapon spells aswell as MR. It aint turned with physical mirror. And its.. Crushing damage, but not missile. (was boosting defenses >100 to test this one) In addition : flayers dont have to roll on hit to score one, its unavoidable except for 100 crushing def.
  4. Comet HLA when used by enemies (centered on player, not on place) can be reverted by physical mirror (it hits player, but is re-casted on the enemy that used it)
  5. Hive Mothers and Death Tyrants 'cause serious wounds' ignores MR. (priests, gauths, beholders, elder orbs and tyrant golems versions dont bypass MR)
  6. There are drow called "165" spawned during Ust'Natha siege (some priestesses)
  7. Globe of blades that Chan, prince of air uses -summoned with priest HLA-, affects friendly creatures too, regardless of component that prevents it.
  8. After the "165" priestess is spawned, no more waves appear (its 4th or 5th).
  9. It should not be possible to rest in Ust'Natha when you aint drow! (it is, even in between attacking waves, if you just manage to wipe them out before next ones appear)
  10. Jea'llat priestesses, incl. Hindra, (Jarlaxle quest) have no weapons at all.
  11. In Gromnil prison. The orc and orog mobs in closed rooms (not in prison corridor) should either not aggro when you fight in corridor, or learn how to open doors.
  12. Lava (in fire temple) is counted as a lvl 1 spell! Globbed chars keep getting spell ineffective note.
  13. Skeleton assassins use potions.
  14. Nyalee's mirror of oposition spawns a player controled copy of his main char! Not hostile! (you are also allowed to use Simulacrum).
  15. Nyalee in earth elemental shape has +1 or worse "fists" and in base form, she does not use the cleric staff+3 that she has in inventory.
  16. Chromatic demon isnt immune to stats drain, which makes this fight easy with the right tools.
  17. 6 Glabrezu summoners seemed to lose their scripts. Stood idle. However it may be caused by the fact that i dont realy use portals, but "MoveToArea".
  18. Aesgareth and his mage dont fight the deck summons. It was fun to watch adamantine golem wipe out their whole party (except Aesgareth, which wasnt attacked by the golem).
  19. Azamantes does not have a 'prebuff'
  20. Flaming skulls still damage each other when dying.
  21. Ameralis Zauviir should have "Magic resistance" removed from pre-buff scripts. Her natural MR is MUCH higher. (i dont know how other priestesses work, cause drow city defenses wasnt working correctly)
  22. Draconis still heals while in human phase (or heals for a set amount which is not enough with increased hp)
  23. Anadramatis has a +2 or worse weapon.
  24. Odomaron apprentices trigger his traps.
  25. Nothing prevents you from ignoring the mind flayers and thralls in last stage before Sendai. You can simply walk past them (you're attacked, but thats the only problem 'ere)

That's it :p a great piece of modding. Impr. Irenicus remix is balanced, while the core one with SCSII AI is as tough as it should be. Copies of players in spellhold was a great idea!

Regards!

I've seen a few cases where that happens.

Most notably, I uninstalled the Improved Vampires component because the Cloud of Bats thing was irritating me. After that, most of the named vampires (Durst, Gessal etc) in the first visit to Bodhi's lair just stood there. Tanova attacked, so did Lassal and Bodhi.

Also... sometimes if I area bombard Mae Var's lair when you are sent to kill him, I lose 5 repuation instantly. Any ideas? Is it because the Priest of Cyric hasnt turned hostile yet?

Sometimes I think Yuan Ti mages are a little too powerful for such a common enemy. I mean, level 7 spells?

Other than that, its very good. One suggestion - please split the "Improved Staying power for Dragons" component up into two, for SoA and ToB, and allow us more choice over how much extra HP to give. Ie, +50%, +100%, or +200%.

You might also want to consider changing Finger of Death to do 200HP, because if anything has say 300HP, its just much quicker to FoD it than to fight it.

Also... sometimes if I area bombard Mae Var's lair when you are sent to kill him, I lose 5 repuation instantly. Any ideas? Is it because the Priest of Cyric hasnt turned hostile yet?

It may be caused by killing the slave in left cage.

Two more bugs...

The first one might not be related to SCSII. I stupidly forgot to install some components of Questpack, so installed that last, probably not a smart idea. Anyway... what happened was that I got to the fight with Bodhi in the maze beneath spellhold, and turned into the slayer. The thing is, there was no dialog about this, and Bodhi disappeared without saying anything about it. After she had left, I had complete control over my character - he didnt go berserk. After a few seconds he turned back to normal. Then, after finishing the trials (the spellhold trials), I rested, and promptly had the dialog that you are supposed to have when you transform from the slayer back to normal for the first time.

The other thing is that, I've just got to the underdark, and I'm doing Vithal's quest. I tried the first portal (Earth Elementals), and 4 spawned and promptly beat Vithal to death while my characters were unconscious (I presume there was an earthquake or something). So... not sure where that would leave the quest. Perhaps Vithal should teleport away first?

[scsII/beholder/ssl_out/behold01.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 339 column 1-1

Near text:

!

syntax error

[scsII/beholder/ssl_out/behold01.baf] ERROR at line 339 column 1-1

Near text:

!

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR : parsing [scsII/beholder/ssl_out/behold01.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR : error compiling [scsII/beholder/scsII_out/behold01.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR : Compiling [scsII/beholder/ssl_out/behold01.baf]!

Stopping instalation because of error.

I confirm that issue ... i currently i have to skip that component or accept the fact Beholders can destroy SR (which i personally don't like).

mm75

Archived