GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

Any chance of an APK? Also for those with touch screens only will it have on screen touch arrows and keys?

I'll send APK to GemRB developers recently. It will be posted on the official website. I also plan to register in the Market and publish it there.

I disabled the on-screen arrows so that they can not be removed from the screen, and they often close the game interface. Maybe in the future I will decide it. On-screen keyboard is available.

Floating point operations is not a problem. Many Android devices has FPU. Floating point emulation for non-FPU devices also supported in toolchain. I'll enable FPU hardware support in build configuration. It increase package size (fpu-emulation binaries also includes for compatibility).

Beholder,

First off thank you for your work.

I have a Moto Droid 2. Processor = 1Ghz, screen 852x480. I think that should be good enough based on your prior description to get it working. I have run several other apps based on pelya's SDL like ScummVM on this machine.

I have installed the APK from the GemRB site. It installs and I see pelya's typical SDL startup screen. When I press OK, it downloads a few files, and then it quits.

I have PST installed in \data\pst. I have used this directory from my own port of GemRB to ARM, so I think the base files are OK.

Do I need to configure something else? How does the APK find the game data? Typical GemRB ports need a configuration file.

[Edit: I see instructions on the market. Let me follow those, and I'll get back to you]

Thanks,

-ShadowJack

Thanks so much Beholder, this is awesome! Runs really well on my Galaxy S.

Do I need to install the widescreen mod for 800x480? It's just that I got the impression you were doing it as part of the package. I tried just changing the resolution in the cfg, and it doesn't display the bottom part of the in-game GUI (spell/skill buttons and text notification area). 640x480 works perfectly though, it even stretches to fit the whole screen.

Really nice work dude.

Beholder,

First off thank you for your work.

I have a Moto Droid 2. Processor = 1Ghz, screen 852x480. I think that should be good enough based on your prior description to get it working. I have run several other apps based on pelya's SDL like ScummVM on this machine.

I have installed the APK from the GemRB site. It installs and I see pelya's typical SDL startup screen. When I press OK, it downloads a few files, and then it quits.

I have PST installed in \data\pst. I have used this directory from my own port of GemRB to ARM, so I think the base files are OK.

Do I need to configure something else? How does the APK find the game data? Typical GemRB ports need a configuration file.

[Edit: I see instructions on the market. Let me follow those, and I'll get back to you]

Thanks,

-ShadowJack

You need edit configuration file to setup paths and game type. See GemRB.cfg for details.

Thanks so much Beholder, this is awesome! Runs really well on my Galaxy S.

Do I need to install the widescreen mod for 800x480? It's just that I got the impression you were doing it as part of the package. I tried just changing the resolution in the cfg, and it doesn't display the bottom part of the in-game GUI (spell/skill buttons and text notification area). 640x480 works perfectly though, it even stretches to fit the whole screen.

Really nice work dude.

If you want to play in true 800x480 without stretching, you need install widescreen.

I got always "Error downloading data from data.zip" after running gemrb :-( I got internet connection. Where can I download these files manually?

Data.zip included in apk. You may unpack files from it manually and put it to /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder.

Archived