GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

Thanks for advice! :) But even after extracting files to the /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder I got the same error :-( Also I tried to copy data.zip to that folder but it didn't change anything too... In configuration I have set up the SDcard for data, so it's not a problem.

Maybe I need to change something else? Seems like a bug :-/

Sometimes after running GemRB, it takes long to "Initialize" but after that I got always the same error.

Thanks for advice! :) But even after extracting files to the /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder I got the same error :-( Also I tried to copy data.zip to that folder but it didn't change anything too... In configuration I have set up the SDcard for data, so it's not a problem.

Maybe I need to change something else? Seems like a bug :-/

Sometimes after running GemRB, it takes long to "Initialize" but after that I got always the same error.

Ash, you need in addition to extract this package to the /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder, it's a flag file, who talk to the application, that all downloads are complete:

http://ifolder.ru/20811653

I love you all! :D Works fine now. I have other SDL game like heroes2 and didn't notice that file :-)

Thanks again :) Checking it on my milestone1, hope it won't crash often when out of ram.

Tested BG1 for 30mins - works excellent on my Milestone1 @1GHz A2.1. No crashes, even going through many locations :) Looks like 256MB of ram is enough - maybe in BG2 there will be a problem(game is more advanced).

Framerate is high, game is fluent. On fights there are fps drops, but still playable. Clicking small icons is not a problem.

Sound on movies is choppy, framerate is ~10-15, but i don't care about them.

Is there a option to disable pernamently sound? It's not necessary and could give some more fps :D I guess I need to change smth in cfg file?

After release of A2.2 for Milestone, I think there should a boost :D

Great job Beholder! I already gave GemRB a 5star rate on Market :thumbsup: Will you keep updates on newer GemRB releases?

P.S. Device is getting so hot, even more than on psx game emulator :D That's not a problem for me if you ask.

Is there a option to disable pernamently sound? It's not necessary and could give some more fps :) I guess I need to change smth in cfg file?

Yes, the NullSound plugin is there for exactly that reason. If you used openal before, try sdlaudio before completely forfeiting sound.

Add any 2 these lines to your cfg.

SkipPlugin=NullSound.so

SkipPlugin=SDLAudio.so

SkipPlugin=OpenALAudio.so

http://anddev.at.ua/

ScummVM from that site uses SDL. Only problem is how big SDL is on the phone. Scummvm does install SDL as part of the files though and audio works fine with it.

https://github.com/pelya/commandergenius

That is more SDL libraries but it works with 2.2 only. "libSDL 1.2 and 1.3 ported to Google Android"

"This should be compiled with Android 2.2 SDK and NDK r4b" Hope it's of some use to you.

Is there a option to disable pernamently sound? It's not necessary and could give some more fps :) I guess I need to change smth in cfg file?

Yes, the NullSound plugin is there for exactly that reason. If you used openal before, try sdlaudio before completely forfeiting sound.

Add any 2 these lines to your cfg.

SkipPlugin=NullSound.so

SkipPlugin=SDLAudio.so

SkipPlugin=OpenALAudio.so

All modules in Android version built to libapplication.so. I think, this lines do not work... Setting AudioDriver to none in config disable sound.

SDLAudio works, but volume is not ajusted on game (not implemented). Also game sometimes crushes if goes on background.

That is more SDL libraries but it works with 2.2 only. "libSDL 1.2 and 1.3 ported to Google Android"

"This should be compiled with Android 2.2 SDK and NDK r4b" Hope it's of some use to you.

I've used these libraries. It works on Android >=1.6, not on 2.2 only. I compile sources with Android 2.2 SDK, but binaries works in all Android versions except 1.5. Android 1.5 is not contain OpenGL support, that needed for libSDL.

Yeah, AudioDriver=none is the correct line to disable sounds and music. Our sdl sound plugin is very basic and underdeveloped. Some of it is intentional, since it is supposed to be lighter than openal, but some of it is just due to lack of developer attention. That's a cue for you, porters, btw. :D

The sourceforge apk has been updated to match the one on the market. There were over 30 downloads already. :)

How to draw/check fps?

On my Milestone1 GemRB always turns off when going to background - because lack of ram :D but it works fine, 256MB is enough Beholder for GemRB (atleast for BG1 - today or tommorow I will check BG2)

I created new topic on my polish forum to make gemRB more popular and to make more tests :)

Archived