GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

1. Install APK file and run GemRB, select sdcard as storage and configure controls. GemRB will create app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder on sdcard and copy some files to it. After copying files GemRB will close.

2. Install game on PC, full install is needed, all CD's (2.5Gb approximately).

3. Copy all files and folders except "exe's" from installed game to /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder on your device

4. Edit GemRB.cfg file (instruction inside it)

5. Start GemRB.

6. Enjoy

I forgot to report a bug: on SDLaudio playing BG2 is impossible - game crashes after first music ends in menu. Possibly caused by lack of ram. On OpenAL is fine.

After disabling audio and fog of war(don't know if disabling fog is necessery) game won't crash at first cinematic(cutscene) on device with 256MB(my milestone). Also killed all proc with taskkiller. I got no idea if it's stable while moving to other locations.

Game runs almost as fluent as BG1 (2-3fps less).

BUG: can't open chests and disable traps... no problem in BG1 with that!

Has anyone got this to work on a sense phone like the Incredible? Get an error with the KEY importer - can not open chitin.key in alogcat.

It works fine on HTC. I test all new versions on HTC Desire HD.

Chitin.key is a part of the original IE. This file is located in the root directory of the game. Check whether it is copied to a /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder. If you copied the game resources to a different location you need to set proper paths to game resources in GemRB.cfg.

My problem was I didn't list the gamepath correctly. It's amazing playing a game like BG2 on a phone. I'm wondering what people prefer to navigate around the play area if they have a trackpad on their phone. Thank you very much for your hard work both Beholder and Avenger.

That's part of anroid market. People installing something rated for 800+ processors or requiring an 800x480 screen and getting a bad review from a G1/Hero owner.

Tried emailing you beholder, but I guess you never got it. Couple of things I wanted to ask. I am using a galaxy tab. Any way to get a higher resolution, like 1024 x 600? Also, accelerometer doesnt seem to work. Also trying too get out of the first half of irenicus' dungeon, but gemrb crashes when I use the portal. Is there a way to access the console? I want to spawn the bonus merchants from the collectors edition of baldurs gate 2, and I had lost the bonus cd. I miss the robes of vecna. Hope you can help.

Archived