GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

Hi Beholder,

First, thanks for the fanstastic piece of work you've managed to pull off. This is a real blast to be able to play BG on the go!

A question though: the game loads very frequently and when it does, the loading screens kind of fuse with the "gaming screen". When I touch the screen it turns back to normal when it's done loading. Considering the loading frequency, I get this visual bug very often.

I play on HTC Desire HD by the way.

Do you know how to fix this, or even how to make it so it doesn't load that often?

Thanks!

Keep up the good work!!

but there is another problem, i cant see my character/s...

only green ring bellow them.

Same problem. :)

I don't know how to fix it. Waiting for developers :D

A question though: the game loads very frequently and when it does, the loading screens kind of fuse with the "gaming screen". When I touch the screen it turns back to normal when it's done loading. Considering the loading frequency, I get this visual bug very often.

This bug?

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=178090

but there is another problem, i cant see my character/s...

only green ring bellow them.

Same problem. :)

I don't know how to fix it. Waiting for developers :D

This bug?

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=178090

Yes this bug precisely!

Do you know how to get rid of it?

Well, after looking closely at the screenshots, it looks indeed like a similar bug, but it doesn't look the same. I mean, the bug displayed on screen looks a bit differently.

If you have HoW installed, use the how GameType for a better experience (and access to new areas).

number 1. in all games? I don't remember any previous reports of this and it definitely works on pcs. Describe the circumstances a bit more.

number 2. is the same old bug in both your cases. :thumbsup:

Guest Roggin
If you have HoW installed, use the how GameType for a better experience (and access to new areas).

number 1. in all games? I don't remember any previous reports of this and it definitely works on pcs. Describe the circumstances a bit more.

Works, thank you.

Works, thank you.

I guess, changing the gametype to HoW fixed the avatars too. HoW uses a different animation scheme for PC avatars.

Guest Roggin

sorry for interupting again, but now i need to run it on galaxy s.

app is downloading the data to phone memory even when i set it to sdcard...

sorry for interupting again, but now i need to run it on galaxy s.

app is downloading the data to phone memory even when i set it to sdcard...

Not a trouble. Yo may put game resources in any place and set up paths in GemRB.cfg.

In next version you may specify application folder manually (libSDL backend improvement).

I tried many new games.

Among the bugs I got, here are a few:

- Can't click on a table, or chest, etc... to loot it. This also includes the portal at the end of the 1st level of the Irenicus dungeon just before meeting Yoshimo. The result of such a bug is that I'm stuck in the game, no matter how many times I try to reload.

- Can't use right click.

- Can't type the name of my character: at the character creation, when I get to type the name, I click at the upper left of the screen to get the virtual keyboard, I type the name, then "enter", then I go back to the game screen but nothing. The name I typed doesn't show. I can get this bug **many** times in a row.

- No matter how many new games I create, I get the loading bug I explained.

Any hint about how to fix those?

Archived