GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

- Can't use right click.

This feature set up in SDL startup menu. Try it. Right click may be emulated by menu key, touch with force, touch by second finger.

- Can't type the name of my character: at the character creation, when I get to type the name, I click at the upper left of the screen to get the virtual keyboard, I type the name, then "enter", then I go back to the game screen but nothing. The name I typed doesn't show. I can get this bug **many** times in a row.

Character name actually saved. But screen not refreshed. In game you will see proper character name.

- No matter how many new games I create, I get the loading bug I explained.

I added hack to disappear this bug for BG1. I can to try add same hack for BG2. But it's a temporary solution.

I installed android sdk v8 and enabled market in emulator (2.2), but i don't see gemrb there. Why?

Sorry, I don't know :thumbsup:

GemRB runs on emulator with 2-4 fps.

And.. You have time to drink a cup of tea waiting until savegame loaded )))

- Can't use right click.

This feature set up in SDL startup menu. Try it. Right click may be emulated by menu key, touch with force, touch by second finger.

- Can't type the name of my character: at the character creation, when I get to type the name, I click at the upper left of the screen to get the virtual keyboard, I type the name, then "enter", then I go back to the game screen but nothing. The name I typed doesn't show. I can get this bug **many** times in a row.

Character name actually saved. But screen not refreshed. In game you will see proper character name.

- No matter how many new games I create, I get the loading bug I explained.

I added hack to disappear this bug for BG1. I can to try add same hack for BG2. But it's a temporary solution.

Thanks Beholder.

Gonna retry again.

Btw, any information as to when you gonna release the new version?

I think, at the end of month. New version will include latest engine changes, some bugfixes for BG1, another keyboard theme, latest version of the SDL port with some new configuration options (joystick function, physical keys redefinition, multi touch etc.).

Also, I'll try to do better adaptation for touch screens.

The new version sounds great, thanks!

As for the loading bug, I got it on every single install I made.

Here is how I install the game:

- From the smartphone, I launch ASTRO to find and launch the "gemrb-0.6.3-signed.apk" file.

- Once the install is done, I configure GemRB (Keyboard, right click button, etc..) and let it finish the installation completely.

- Then from my PC, I copy the full install of [baldur's Gate 2 + Throne of Bhaal + patch], exept for all the ".exe" files, to the "net.sourceforge.gemrb" folder on my smartphone.

- Then I launch the game, create a character and start playing.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Ok Lynx, thanks.

Any chance it's gonna be fixed in a future GemRB release?

I just tried Planescape Torment, and installed it the same way I installed BG2+ToB, however, just after the character creation screen, when I try to start the game, I get a bluescreen with only the GUI.

Do you know how to fix that?

I see OpenAlAudio.cpp and OpenAlAudio.h in current git is not merged with my latest changes (posted here http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...t&p=179472). Please add changes to OpenAlAudio plugin. This code is very important for Android version.

Currently pastebin.ca is not work, diff size is small, I post text were.

diff --git a/gemrb/plugins/OpenALAudio/OpenALAudio.cpp b/gemrb/plugins/OpenALAudio/OpenALAudio.cpp
index f3c0338..c58699a 100644
--- a/gemrb/plugins/OpenALAudio/OpenALAudio.cpp
+++ b/gemrb/plugins/OpenALAudio/OpenALAudio.cpp
@@ -517,11 +517,18 @@ bool OpenALAudioDriver::Pause()
	checkALError("Unable to pause music source", "WARNING");
	MusicPlaying = false;
	SDL_mutexV( musicMutex );
+	((AmbientMgrAL*) ambim)->deactivate();
+#ifdef ANDROID	
+	al_android_pause_playback(); //call AudioTrack.pause() from JNI
+#endif	
	return true;
}

bool OpenALAudioDriver::Resume()
{
+#ifdef ANDROID		
+	al_android_resume_playback(); //call AudioTrack.play() from JNI
+#endif
	SDL_mutexP( musicMutex );
	if (!alIsSource( MusicSource )) {
@@ -531,6 +538,7 @@ bool OpenALAudioDriver::Resume()
	checkALError("Unable to resume music source", "WARNING");
	MusicPlaying = true;
+	((AmbientMgrAL*) ambim)->activate();
	return true;
}

diff --git a/gemrb/plugins/OpenALAudio/OpenALAudio.h b/gemrb/plugins/OpenALAudio/OpenALAudio.h
index 2e3329f..a942216 100644
--- a/gemrb/plugins/OpenALAudio/OpenALAudio.h
+++ b/gemrb/plugins/OpenALAudio/OpenALAudio.h
@@ -49,6 +49,10 @@
#include <alc.h>
#endif

+#ifdef ANDROID
+#include <AL/android.h>
+#endif
+
#define RETRY 5
#define BUFFER_CACHE_SIZE 100
#define MAX_STREAMS 30

lynx,

I tried "always center on actor feature", it works good on PC.

I added folowing lines to implement "always centering" in ChangeMap func:

if(ScreenFlags&SF_ALWAYSCENTER)
{
		core->timer->SetMoveViewPort( pc->Pos.x, pc->Pos.y, 0, true );
}

Center variable is previously set to 1 (set ups SF_ALWAYSCENTER).

Is this correct? And is this feature needed for PC, or implement it for Android only? I'll plan to map changing SF_ALWAYSCENTER flag to hotkey.

Archived