GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

Guest Guest_Chris_*

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install gemrb on an archos 101 tablet and have encountered some problems:

1. Gemrb won't recognize my sdcard there are only 2 choices, intern memory (which is the RAM??? at least the size would suggest that) and the devices flash memory (gemrb says, the devices memory IS the sdcard)

2. I tried to install it on the devices memory and get following error: "Error downloading data from data.zip". I've seen the problem in the forum already, but i can't download the flag file from the polish server. The next problem is should I extract the whole content of the APK file to the gemrb folder or only the content of the data.zip.

Thanks for your help

1. GemRB doesn't do any device managment, what do you mean by "it doesn't reckognize it"? It doesn't care on what kind of device or filesystem the data is.

2. No idea, this is specific to the android port.

2. I tried to install it on the devices memory and get following error: "Error downloading data from data.zip". I've seen the problem in the forum already, but i can't download the flag file from the polish server. The next problem is should I extract the whole content of the APK file to the gemrb folder or only the content of the data.zip.

http://rapidshare.com/files/437613103/gemrb_pliki.rar

Here you are :-) It's an android sdl bug. You must to extract this files to /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb/

In this rar is the data.zip content with flag file and it's enough to run gemrb :-)

SDLAudio has just been fixed. Please describe the chest/trap problem in more detail — this still works for me.

Well I turned off Fog of War and voice. In this way I can play BG2 with my 256MB ram on my device, but I can't open any chest, disable traps, open doors. Instead I can walk through doors, chests :) Strange bug

Next bug: I got different trak0 on my Shapeshift Druid than on IE on my PC. Paws on GemRB are dual weapon style, on IW it's one-handed style. BTW Shapeshift class is as well bugged in BG2 :D

In werewolf form got graphic bug - in my inventory instead of werewolf's head I see helmet :D

Tried emailing you beholder, but I guess you never got it. Couple of things I wanted to ask. I am using a galaxy tab. Any way to get a higher resolution, like 1024 x 600? Also, accelerometer doesnt seem to work. Also trying too get out of the first half of irenicus' dungeon, but gemrb crashes when I use the portal. Is there a way to access the console? I want to spawn the bonus merchants from the collectors edition of baldurs gate 2, and I had lost the bonus cd. I miss the robes of vecna. Hope you can help.

To get higher resolution you need to use widescreen mod. You can download it from this site :)

Don't know how to access console.

Try to save game on PC (after using portal) and copy it on your tablet :p Should help

Guest Guest_Chris_*

1. I installed gemrb by downloading the .apk file (no Android Market available for the archos). So gemrb is installed on the devices flash drive. When I start gemrb theres a configuration tab in which I can specify where to store the data. There should be the devices flash drive and the sdcard but i can only choose the devices flash memory, but i would like to use a sdcard because the games are rather big.

2. The second problem is still there. It's the same as in this post:

I got always "Error downloading data from data.zip" after running gemrb :-( I got internet connection. Where can I download these files manually?

Data.zip included in apk. You may unpack files from it manually and put it to /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb folder.

Guest Guest_Chris_*

http://rapidshare.com/files/437613103/gemrb_pliki.rar

Here you are :-) It's a android sdl bug. You must to extract this files to /sdcard/app-data/net.sourceforge.gemrb/

In this rar is the data.zip content with flag file and it's enough to run gemrb :-)

Thanks for the help that worked pretty well.

I still have no solution for my problem with the sdcard. Well for now I'll try to install PST on the flash memory, but if someone has a solution help would be appreciated :)

Chris

Ash, please create new topic an tell about bugs in BG II there.

I already created topic for BG I bugs.

Chris, you may put game resources in any place on your device. Sdcard or internal flash, does not matter, just to have enough space. After this, you need to edit GemRB.cfg and declare game resource location on it.

Pelya says, that fixed unpacking data bug. Next build will without it.

Download finished flag-file

Tried emailing you beholder, but I guess you never got it. Couple of things I wanted to ask. I am using a galaxy tab. Any way to get a higher resolution, like 1024 x 600? Also, accelerometer doesnt seem to work. Also trying too get out of the first half of irenicus' dungeon, but gemrb crashes when I use the portal. Is there a way to access the console? I want to spawn the bonus merchants from the collectors edition of baldurs gate 2, and I had lost the bonus cd. I miss the robes of vecna. Hope you can help.

I didn't get mail from you... For resolution higher then standard for game, you need install widescreen mod. I have not tested accelerometer. You may install aLogcat, collect log, and post part of it on this topic. I say is this Android-port problem or not. In this version GemRB console is inaccessible, sorry. I have recently encountered a bug in the BG I and the console was also needed. I'll try to add console support in next versions.

I didn't get mail from you... For resolution higher then standard for game, you need install widescreen mod. I have not tested accelerometer. You may install aLogcat, collect log, and post part of it on this topic. I say is this Android-port problem or not. In this version GemRB console is inaccessible, sorry. I have recently encountered a bug in the BG I and the console was also needed. I'll try to add console support in next versions.

Ok thanks. I will try it out soon.

Some more of them were applied. Hacks like the EnterGame part never will. Why is HAVE_SNPRINTF not detected for you? This needs to be addressed at the build system level. The guiopt merge will take some more time.

Some more of them were applied. Hacks like the EnterGame part never will. Why is HAVE_SNPRINTF not detected for you? This needs to be addressed at the build system level. The guiopt merge will take some more time.

I don't know. snprintf(...) presents on android, but HAVE_SNPRINTF macro is not declared. I might add -DHAVE_SNPRINTF key to build script, then these changes will not be needed.

About scripts.

All my changes is a result of experiments. I temporary keep EnterGame hack for Android build, this really helps and save nerve :) .

I used guiopt.py from BG2 with some changes. It is not my script :D

I noticed, in current build volume level is not applied to new ambient sounds. It comes with maximum volume. It will be great, if you resolve this issue.

Hmm, that'd be better. Ideally it would be fixed in cmake, but I don't think you care.

I know you took the bg2 one, that's why I was talking about the merge. :)

Please check how your tree differs from ours now. I didn't use a cast you added for one of the ambient options, since it was the odd one out.

Archived